Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 03:42:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Packaging sim WITHOUT using Bodyshop  (Read 1434 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2007, 04:42:03 pm »

After pages of questions, I couldn't find a topic that was similar to what I'm asking.  So here goes nothing.

I've had a bit of an issue with bodyshop as of recent, so therefore after I release my creation for Halloween, I might be done with custom content creation for a long time, maybe forever depending on whether or not I want to rid the packages from my download folder, or if you can answer this question:

Is it possible to package a created sim without the use of bodyshop, and if so- how is it done?

I'm asking this because I wound up creating a sim who I thought was pretty nice-looking, and I thought that the rest of the community might like the sim in their games as well.  I'm not sure if EPs and SPs matter, but I have Uni, NL, Pets, and HH and GL stuff packs as well.  Thanks if you can help, and that's alright if you can't.

Sigs are for smokers.
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 05:15:57 pm »

you can't i don't think. It's bodyshop that lets you create the sims2pack.

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:14:16 am »

ok - it can be done, but god, talk about a pain in the butt

if you are really interested in doing this and want to spend about 11 hours to package a sim, I will explain the steps... but it will require a butt-load of familiarity and comfort using SimPE

to be honest - using body shop to pack the sim into a Sims2Pack and then extracting all the files to a secure folder with Sims2Pack Clean Installer, and using a batch renamong utility (like 1-4a rename) to remove the redundant .package on the file name, then removing things you don't want to include (like Sims06.package >_<), and placing all in a ZIP or RAR is probably 3000 times easier
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:19:02 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 02:40:45 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1001835
ok - it can be done, but god, talk about a pain in the butt

if you are really interested in doing this and want to spend about 11 hours to package a sim, I will explain the steps... but it will require a butt-load of familiarity and comfort using SimPE

to be honest - using body shop to pack the sim into a Sims2Pack and then extracting all the files to a secure folder with Sims2Pack Clean Installer, and using a batch renamong utility (like 1-4a rename) to remove the redundant .package on the file name, then removing things you don't want to include (like Sims06.package >_<), and placing all in a ZIP or RAR is probably 3000 times easier
That wouldn't surprise me.  I always figured that it would be something along the lines of putting the c.c. (I made a list with a note pad, thank god) in a zip folder as well as the sim itself in said folder as well. =/

Sigs are for smokers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: