Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:03:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Babies with weird skin/Loading errors  (Read 1851 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
erinmblair
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2007, 03:32:04 am »

My Sims are having babies that look SO deformed. I think it is a skintone that's not fitted for babies, but I don't know what to do about that. Does anyone has any suggestions?

Here is a pic:

I also have been having some object errors whenever I am loading families and lots.

~Erin

* ObjectError_N005_t15.txt (40.13 KB - downloaded 94 times.)
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 04:07:45 am »

erinmblair - do you have a default skin replacement? or maybe you recently installed a patch or expansion pack?

There were reports of this sort of skin tone file corruptions after installing the OFB patch.

What is happening here is the baby's face is using the baby body texture.  This could happen as a result of a badly made custom skin tone, badly made default skin tone repleacement, or game file corruption due to either a patch going bonkers or damaged neighbourhood save files.

The baby may start using the right face texture when he/she ages to toddler, if not it points to a messed up character save file or corruption in the neighbourhood save files.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 06:36:57 am »

I remember this also happened with skins made from the "trial" version of Bodyshop. (the one released before the base game hit shelves)  I've only seen this happen once in another thread with someone's toddler since the first time the corrupt baby skins hit the scene.  If you have downloaded a skin that one of the baby's parents might be using, it's a possibility that the skin was also made with that particular version of Bodyshop.  Just a small hunch... :angel:

If not, it's definitely something that happened during a patch/EP install.

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 07:31:50 am »

hrm, Tenshii~Akari, you're right about the pre-release Body Shop thing.  I had forgotten about that, I don't know why EA continues to distribute that thing.  People new to the game do have the damnedest habit of installing it after they install the game thus ruining their install.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
crimsonbutter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 10:42:16 am »

This might help: http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Baby_Face_Problem
Just happened to be browsing the technical issues help at ModtheSims today
sanjay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 10:30:45 am »

You'd posted this so long ago, you probably have the answer, but. . .That deformed infant skin appears when your sims have used too much insecticide while pregnant. I was trying to get a complete neighborhood of plant sims when I saw this. The skin is deliberate. I thought it was hysterical. The skin transforms to normal once the baby grows up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: