Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:56:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer freeze after Sims and applications  (Read 1883 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
crimsonbutter

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2007, 10:47:27 am »

Can anyone help me figure out why ever since I reinstalled the sims the last time, everytime I shut down the Sims, Body Shop or Home Crafter, my computer freezes up for a few minutes.  I backed up a lot of my files, is it possible I backed up something and replaced it after the reinstall that shouldn't have been?  Really getting tired of this!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:27:06 pm »

How much memory do you have on your computer?  It's a posibility that could be contributing to the freezing if you don't have enough of it.  :dontknow:

crimsonbutter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 02:27:40 pm »

could be but it seems strange that it only started after the last time I re-installed.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 04:14:12 pm »

based on the extensive amount of detailed information you have given me to work with, for which I cannot thank you adequately, I must say it is obviously witchcraft.  My immediate recommendation is that you open the case and pour salt water into it, then press the power button as you recite the Lord's Prayer or some other familiar verse....

Ok, that being dealt with, how about you tell us more than "my computer is broken"? because you just did the equivalent of going to the doctor and saying "I'm have a cough" then expected him make a sweeping diagnosis of your medical condition.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:16:47 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
banana_cookie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:44:37 pm »

You know, I have a similar problem:  Every time I create a sim in body shop and try to save it, my computer freezes shortly after I hit the checkmark for "done creating sim".

My machine's got plenty of memory...  And I don't want to play "the hunting game" in my downloads folder to see what's gumming it up -- I pretty much have all the same downloads I had on my previous computer (I've moved out recently and left the old comp with my mom), and they didn't cause a problem back then, except that my computer ran terribly slow, due to the fact it only had one hard drive.

So what would be the best action in this case?  I downloaded clean-installer, but that's been no help to me at all.
banana_cookie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 11:20:43 pm »

BTW.  I only posted my question here 'cause I thought I'd feel dumb starting a thread about a question that's been asked many times.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 11:48:43 am »

When you say "plenty of memory", how much is that?

If you need help, we need specifics. What is your computer running on (processor, memory, the whole shebang please)

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
banana_cookie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 09:59:33 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1054264
When you say "plenty of memory", how much is that?

If you need help, we need specifics. What is your computer running on (processor, memory, the whole shebang please)

Problem solved -- Fan needed dusting :laugh:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: