Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 08:44:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oy. Deleting custom content.  (Read 2104 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Draculusa

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2007, 02:30:50 pm »

Hey all
I'm really pissed. I just realized I can't delete make-up and related items in CAS. I can delete hair and probably clothing, but not the rest. This is very annoying, because none of the other software I can use to sort and delete shows a picture of the custom content, so I'm not sure if that 7we3gd98whjsd7836dehjw389y89eeyh23.whatever file I'm looking at is the ugly eyeshadow I want to delete angry

Anyway. I read somewhere that I could do that in Bodyshop, but when I open it, there's no trash can. I can't delete anything. Make-up, clothing, hair, nothing. There just isn't an option. And yes, I checked, I selected custom content and not Maxis content.

I have BV.
Any ideas or fixes? Please? :sad2:
Thanks in advance!
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 02:33:03 pm »

Yeah your were able to until bon voyage when maxis changed it. You could use the clean installer and enable pictures so you cen see what all them incomprehendabley named files are.

Char
xxx

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 07:43:40 pm »

Another solution is to use Body Shop's CAS - they may have left the delete funtion in that.  You will need to start making a Sim, then see if you can delete the items that annoy you.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Draculusa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:26:59 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1004317
Another solution is to use Body Shop's CAS - they may have left the delete funtion in that.  You will need to start making a Sim, then see if you can delete the items that annoy you.

That's the part I was doing wrong. I didn't know you needed to be in bodyshop CAS to be able to delete. Thanks so much!
You saved me hours of insanity :rabbit:
Draculusa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 09:27:35 am »

Quote from: Charlotte;1003837
Yeah your were able to until bon voyage when maxis changed it. You could use the clean installer and enable pictures so you cen see what all them incomprehendabley named files are.

Char
xxx

I totally forgot we could look at the pictures with clean installer. Thanks a lot!
vermillioncloud

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 10:41:08 pm »

Ah! Someone else is having the same problem I am! I can't delete eyes, makeup, face masks, or glasses/accessories.

I've done the 50/50 method to check and see if it was a corrupt file, and it's not. I've run SimPE to see if it was conflicting GUID's, and it's not. I've run clean installer AND delphy's download organizer, but haven't found a thing.

As far as I know, I think it's a glitch with BV. My Season's disks are at a friends house, so I can't uninstall to check.

My suggestion is to uninstall BV, run the game with which ever EP you have that's most recent after that, and then see if that lets you delete anything. If it does, then it's a BV glitch.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: