Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 09:50:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reinstalling?  (Read 1953 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nik4myth

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2007, 04:12:57 pm »

So, I've decided to try uninstalling then reinstalling my game in the hopes of getting my body shop to work. The only problem is - I'm not entirely sure what to do. How do you copy all the saved Sims and such, and put them back into the game after the reinstall? And how do you go about the actual reinstall itself?

'Draw your dagger, look your opponent in the eye, today my friend is a good day to die.'
Pilotpigen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 04:20:48 pm »

First of all download Clean Installer and SimPe. With SimPe you can pack sims that you have created in game. You can move your "downloadfolder" to the desktop before you uninstall the game. That way you'll keep your downloads. If there is one file that are creating trouble then try using Clean Installer to go through your downloadfolder, and remove new files and empty packages. You can also use Delphy's download organizer to help you sort your downloads and find the file that is causing the problem.

Visit SYNAPTIC SIM'S LAIR

WANT ANY OF MY CREATIONS? FIND THEM IN THE LAIR

I AM NOT A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY ANYMORE - JUST GETTING MY STUFF
Nik4myth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 04:31:01 pm »

It's not a file causing the problem - basically, it was installing BV that messed everything up. :-( There were no problems with bodyshop before that. I have both clean installer and simPE already - hm, is it possible to copy the saved sims folder to desktop in the same way as the downloads folder? I have way too many sims to do it one at a time.

'Draw your dagger, look your opponent in the eye, today my friend is a good day to die.'
Pilotpigen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 04:40:18 pm »

It should be possible to do that, but I'm not sure. I haven't tried that.

Nik4myth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 04:42:57 pm »

Ok - thank you. :smile:

Pilotpigen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 04:45:25 pm »

You're welcome! Wink Hope you get it sorted out Wink

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 05:46:23 pm »

Quote from: Nik4myth;1005497
... is it possible to copy the saved sims folder to desktop in the same way as the downloads folder?

Definitely yes. Whenever I install a new EP or reinstall the game, I copy and save my whole "The Sims 2" folder (not to the desktop, though, but to a data partition). So I save everything from saved sims to camera mods, storytelling, hoods, etc. and after the reinstallation I simply copy the relevant folders back to the game directory.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: