Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 10:52:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't download Sims with PackInstaller!  (Read 1757 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dobydog

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2007, 04:47:48 pm »

Every time I download a sim (I get my sims from MTS2), the file is a RAR file instead of a Sims2 package file, so I can't get the sims into my game. If there is a help thing for this, I apologize for not seeing it.
If any more info is needed about my problem feel free to ask!

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 07:52:25 pm »

I think you should read this post:  Having a problem dowloading an RAR or PACKAGE file? Read this!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 07:54:41 pm by MissDoh » Logged
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 02:17:08 pm »

How do I get it to show up in the Save File As thing? All the choices are are RAR and All Files. I really need some help here. Sometimes the thing shows up, sometimes it doesn't. I need the Sims2PackFile, but they come up as a regular RAR file. I don't know how to change them into Sims2Pack files with the little program thingy. Because I was screwing around trying to fix it, all of my RAR files are now Adobe Reader files, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Please help.. Sad I'm very afraid to open my game right now.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 04:00:24 pm by dobydog » Logged

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 07:36:28 am »

Quote from: dobydog;1018780
Because I was screwing around trying to fix it, all of my RAR files are now Adobe Reader files, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Please help.. Sad I'm very afraid to open my game right now.

You should fix that first (it has nothing to do with your game though).
Right click on a rar file and choose "open with". Then select your unpacking program (if you have none, you need to get one first). Check the box that says "always open with this program". Now the acrobat icon should be replaced with the icon of your unpacker (i.e. WinRar).

Okay, on to your original problem.
Did you ever open the rar file and look, what is inside it?
Is ist possible, that your problem is, that you don't have any unrar tool? Then go and get a free one, I recommend AlZip: http://www.altools.net/Downloads/DownloadALZip/tabid/88/Default.aspx

When you installed it, you can assign with the program itself, which files to open with it and don't need to do the above to remove the acrobat icon. You will then have an egg symbol and when you click on a rar file with the egg, you'll be able to open it and find the missing Sims2Pack file inside. Hopefully. Wink
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:11:54 am »

AlZip is indeed a good freeware, but has some compatability flaws with Vista (unless upgraded since I last tested it) -- I recommend installing WinRAR, which you can continue to use after the free trial - only requires you click past the nag to buy.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 04:02:07 pm »

It says it's using winRAR, I think. I already had it, but I reinstalled it and it didn't ask me to buy or anything? Anyways, about half of the skins I get from MTS2 won't work. Oh well, probably just bad files.

Oh.. Okay, now everything seems to be working fine. I can install sims from the Sims2Pack. Thanks so much, everyone!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: