Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 04:42:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Rant About EAxis and Teens  (Read 9328 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 12:23:43 pm »

Frankly I just make my CC clothes that I download for adults into teen clothes, they look pretty darn good, and some of em look better for teens then adults, granted H & M did have some Fairly decent clothes compared to others.

But seriously, fire whoever you have texturing these meshes, hire some consultants and get some GOOD texturers (CC makers HINT HINT!) Try comissioning people like fanseelamb and others to make your clothes for you, and PAY THEM and CREDIT THEM. Even if they don't want to make stuff for you, they can still be adivisors. Cause believe me EAxis, you need some.

Science makes everything sound painful.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 01:51:21 pm »

Didn't Maxis incorporate designing from the Sims' community in the EPs for TS1? I am a bit vague on that. Maxis' partnership with H&M shows a slight awareness that their designers are quite fashion starved.

H&M was a distinct improvement in fashion design. The outfits, for the most part, are current. I am sure H&M supplied the designs not Maxis' staff.

I really think we need to sit back, relax and see the big picture. Maxis gives us the initial mesh, our community creators adapt and redesign these meshes. Maxis (I believe) also gives the community tools to fashion new and, certainly, more exciting meshes.

The designers at Maxis are involved with the overall game creation. They have proven time and time again that they are not sticklers for detail. Their job is to get the game and its EPs out there (flaws and all). It's a business and we willingly support it. Thankfully, they have given us a game that inspired people can create fabulous additions.

Let Maxis remain base and continue to give us the base. The community will continue to build on it.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 07:39:25 am »

For me, its the damn obsession with sandals, it reached a new high recently when the teen male hiking outfit was packing sandals, I guess EAxis have never been hiking? Also why are the child male being neglected in terms of clothing, they haven't had anything new for a few eps and sps now (especially in everyday catergory).

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 08:22:34 am »

Which is a reason I'm very thankful for the helpful individuals who took the time to write great tutorials on recoloring the clothes or create better clothes for us who aren't as adept with mesh programs. I don't bother using very many Maxis clothes after I discovered the wonderful world of clothes made by fansleelamb(sp? - my bad) and numerous others who made my sims' lives better! Smiley

It's a shame we can't create CC for Sims 2 Castaway, but hey my Sims can wear their b-ball caps backward....

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 08:53:03 pm »

Quote from: Ghen;1013712
For me, its the damn obsession with sandals, it reached a new high recently when the teen male hiking outfit was packing sandals, I guess EAxis have never been hiking? Also why are the child male being neglected in terms of clothing, they haven't had anything new for a few eps and sps now (especially in everyday catergory).

OMG me too!! i hate all the sandals. And no self-respecting teen boy wears sandals that look like the EAxis ones. I mean gross Tongue

I've found quite a few beautiful TM clothes that aren't goth, and I've made a few myself Cheesy
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 05:19:25 am »

maybe 1-2% of the EAxis clothing is usable. The outdoor clothing is mostly usable, and a tiny bit of the other clothing is ok as long as you don't have anything better for them to wear. If I play no-CC, I do have a hard time finding clothing for them, and end up using pretty much the same clothing all the time. But mostly I end up putting CC clothing on all the sims.

EAxis sure needs an updating on fashion. Looks like they stopped caring sometimes in the fifty's or sixty's... and five recolors of all the ugly outfits, while only one or two of the somewhat decent clothing just isn't fair! (I actually liked some of the teen pack clothing - but not all of the recolors...)

and the furniture and walls... Most of it looks almost worse than the furniture AND the walls in my parents' house (and we've not redecorated for 25 years...)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 05:21:51 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 08:48:51 am »

While we're on the subject, I never did understand why EA was so insistent upon having very few matching sets. Being bohemian and charming is one thing, but some people like their clothes, floors, walls, and furniture to match (although, mostly not to all match each other).
humanoid143
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 07:01:29 pm »

Honestly, I probably wouldn't be playing the Sims anymore if it weren't for the various CC sites out there. Granted, my downloads folder is bursting, and my age-old PC is probably weeping because it can barely handle it all, but at least the game has some style and variety to it now... I mean, are the people at EA in a state of blind drunkeness when they decide to design stuff? Can they not see how ridiculous some of it is??? *hyperventilates into paper bag*
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 08:29:33 pm »

I on the other hand, don't really like the matching sets. At least not all of them. I don't want the kids and teens to dress up like their parents, and I do like colourful, patterned clothes for children, cool clothes for teens, and otherwise usable clothing for everyone - including infants and toddlers. They have too little to choose between (what's up with those bear outfits? I can't even remember to have used those myself). Besides - maxis has a bad tendency to combine ugly colours...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 05:12:53 am »

Quote from: theraven;1322934

...and the furniture and walls... Most of it looks almost worse than the furniture AND the walls in my parents' house (and we've not redecorated for 25 years...)

Same here, H&M actually gave us few 90's clothes... BUT ITS NOT GOOD! I MEAN IT! crappy EAxis! how about some yesterday's elite fashion?! we need it! I mean not everybody know they can have CC ingame...
tru0001

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 05:15:39 am »

I think the Sims 2 is based on the sims world thus the fashion is terrible in SIMERICA XD!!

Contests
5th Place in Hirano "Hirakari" Hikari in The Search : Japan!
Currently in Man of Color as Hee Mun Park
Kivak

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 11:49:44 am »

Yeah some of the dresses are cool for girls if they are going to a party. But your right wearing pants to school for girls started in the late 70s some girls wore dresses still.

Try doing 60s or 70s and finding style for teenage guys. It hardly exists for teens, you can find some stuff for adults but adults in the 60s dressed like the 50s sort of, few dressed that cool, according to my friend who was a teen in the early sixties.

The clothes are not bad for the 80s/90s stories. I like the bell bottoms for the girls, but I hate the underwear sticking out on the guys. My GF is going to try to make some ratty jeans without underwear showing. That is ugly and tacky.

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: