Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:47:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: using FaceGen Modeller to simmify 'me' into the game?  (Read 3465 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
slorh

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2007, 03:45:26 pm »

Features

* Instant, realistic face creation:
          o Generate realistic faces at random for any race, gender and adult age group.
          o Easily create faces from one or more photographs.
          o Over 50 symmetric and 25 asymmetric shape controls.
          o Over 30 coloring (texture) controls.
          o Quickly shape faces to match almost any adult human face.
          o Apply detailed skin textures.

* Flexible import options:
          o Match faces to your photographs.
          o Bring in your own head mesh and hairstyle models using the FaceGen Customizer.
          o Import your own texture images onto any object.

* Flexible export options:
          o Apply your face to any of our hi-res, med-res and lo-res meshes.
          o Or apply your face to your own mesh and UV layout using the FaceGen Customizer.
          o Save your faces in the FaceGen FG format and apply them later to any mesh.
          o Export models to 3DS, Maya ASCII (ma), Lightwave 6 (LWO), OBJ, XSI, VRML1, VRML97 and STL.
          o Export texture maps to BMP, JPEG, TGA and TIFF.
          o Transform the coordinate system of your exports.

* Instant Animatability:
          o Comes with 36 expressions, phonemes and modifiers.
          o Blendshapes appear automatically in Maya.
          o Endomorphs appear automatically in Lightwave and are easily hooked up in MotionBuilder or any other application that reads LWO files.
          o Morph targets appear automatically in Softimage 3D and XSI.
          o Morph targets are batch exported in a single command for users of Max (via OBJ or 3DS), and for any other application that reads OBJ, 3DS, VRML1/97 or STL.
          o Animation morphs are mesh-specific and are not included with some of the add-on meshes.

is it possible to create a photo-based sim with this program?

http://www.facegen.com/modeller.htm
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 03:47:33 pm by slorh » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 09:08:15 pm »

I'm not sure if it's even possible to use that program for Sims facial modding... if it was, I would think you'd have to replace a default face file in order to use it, though.  I could be wrong, though... :dontknow:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 10:25:50 pm »

to answer your question - no.  The mesh used in The Sims 2 for the face is a static model hard-coded into the game that (at this time) you cannot significantly alter in terms of mapping or poly count, the shape changes made to the face mesh in Body Shop and CAS are of a similar nature to what the software you link does to make shape changes, but the software you link uses a different mesh and mapping.  At best, you might be able to use the software to make a make-up or skintone face texture that might (no promises here) be suitable for import into the game, I wouldn't bet on it.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
slorh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 01:10:37 pm »

yeah i think i'll stick to my cows.. although there's a trial version there..

n thx anyway.. i guess i'll just have to take the 'tried & tested' route.. i'm having no intention to pile up the sources for headaches.. hehe
alies6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 03:38:57 am »

Hello, everyone. To As of today, using Facegen has become possible, but I've encountered a problem I don't understand. On sims forums there are face templates from Sims 2 for FaceGen. However, for some reason that is unclear to me, my results in the game are different from what I manage to achieve in the Facegen program. Perhaps some of you know how to solve this problem? Sorry for any mistakes, I don't know English and I am using a translator to compose this text.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: