Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:43:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: amar_el7ob's requested niqab  (Read 39604 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« on: October 28, 2007, 06:44:10 am »

amar_el7ob requested some help with a veil that began life on SimsTV (defunct) - I could not locate a copy of the original mesh, so I made one.

BASE GAME COMPATIBLE - SORTED AS GLASSES

The bottom hem-line of the niqab is slightly animated like a hair, nothing extreme.  My included recolour is based on a niqab my friend Kenny's mum wears, albeit not so frequently these days.

This mesh is free to use, free to distribute; no need to ask for permission.  Give credit to amar_el7ob and beosboxboy for the mesh.

What is a niqab?
A niqāb (Arabic: نِقاب) is a veil which covers the face, worn by some Muslim women as a part of sartorial hijāb. It is popular in the Arab countries of the Persian Gulf but it can also be found in North Africa, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent and all over Europe, more so United Kingdom.  Islamic women in the USA typically do not wear a niqāb, but numbers are increasing as it becomes a matter of Muslim pride.

Unless unfamiliar guests are present, Muslim women typically do not affect the niqāb or burqa within the home.  The niqab and burqa are garments of modesty, not unlike (until about 25-30 years ago) women in the United Kingdom and USA would not leave the house without a hat and gloves.

Because of the wide variety of hijāb worn in the Muslim world, it can be difficult for Westerners to definitively distinguish between one type of veil and another. The terms niqab and burqa are often used interchangeably, not not necessarily with great accuracy.

The niqāb and burqa have become politicised matters in the West due to ignorance and misinformation.  Individuals within many religions use the symbols of their chosen faith for harm, but it should be remembered that it is wrong to characterise any faith or race by extremists within that race or faith.

Strangely enough, the Muslim world got its custom of the niqāb from the ancient Greeks through their influence on the Levant and Asia Minor.

Nota Bene: Before you post some obnoxious, hateful reply in this thread, consider most carefully the fact that for every "bad" person in the world, there are 1000s and millions of not "bad" people.  Likening the use of the niqab to an act of terrorism is a thing of exceptional ignorance and will likely get you banned from the use of this forum.

BASE GAME COMPATIBLE - SORTED AS GLASSES
NOW IN DIFFERENT VERSIONS - DOWNLOAD ONLY ONE!

* niqab.jpg (176.98 KB, 754x563 - viewed 20854 times.)
* niqab_request.rar (164.27 KB - downloaded 1544 times.)
* niqab_request_stackable.zip (165.8 KB - downloaded 1291 times.)
* niqab_request_supportsTransparencyStackable.rar (164.22 KB - downloaded 1422 times.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 02:41:35 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 08:51:06 am »

Nice!  I'm sure amar will be greatly pleased to see that!  Thanks for sharing with us!  :smile bi:

kim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 03:13:30 pm »

Nice Job

Amira

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 04:12:28 pm »

Thank you so much !!

So will it be located in facial items?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 04:53:32 pm by amar_el7ob » Logged

Also know as, "amar_el7ob". And I know I had more than 300+ post on the old Insim site :|
bitter grrrl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 04:29:17 pm »

This is lovely -- thanks for sharing!
HermioneG

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 04:48:12 pm »

Great, thank you! And very well done.

By the pricking of my thumbs,
something wicked this way comes...
Must be true,
because the translation of my last name means "evil"
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 05:09:48 pm »

Wow! This is very nice. I have some outfits that have just screamed for an accessory of this nature but I couldn't find anything I liked. Now I'm going to have to seriously test my slowly growing skills to make recolors that match my clothes. If you don't hear from me, I'm suffering like you were when making the counters. Lol, maybe not quite that bad because you're obviously more patient than I am, but you get the idea of my abilities/capabilities.
Thanks much!
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 05:29:12 pm »

Quote from: amar_el7ob;1010307
Thank you so much !!

So will it be located in facial items?

Hi Amar!  It lists as glasses (old style) in non-Bon Voyage -- I can make a Bon Voyage version that lists it as something other - like a necklace or something if anyone needs this.

I should have said something about that in the first post!  Thanks for making me think! :lol:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 06:02:31 pm »

I can see a sheer version for a belly dancer costume!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
skizicks
Resident Fat Girl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 08:58:19 pm »

very lovely...thank you

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and today; Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.
sesimie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 09:42:34 pm »

Tayyib Jidan ----Very good!!

“Wait for the sign,To flick the switch of death,It's the beginning of the end......Sweat, chilling cold, As I watch death unfold,Consciousness my only friend” -Ride The Lightning by MetallicA
sabi320

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 10:27:46 pm »

Good!Thank you!

The only reward of virtue is virtue; the only way to have a friend is to be one.:-P
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 01:24:20 am »

Very nice Bud!  I know of a least one X-Man that can use this!  Great job!

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 03:18:27 am »

:thumbup:
Problem with making it for BV neckless category is it wont showup in bodyshop anymore.
Cant recolor it anymore, not that it needs a recol Cheesy

No longer active
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 04:35:33 am »

I see nothing specific about it because I remember in my childhood some women use something similar when they went to church (for funerals or something I don't remember). Questions: can it be used together with glasses? or any other item classified in the glasses bin?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: