Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:38:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dagger!  (Read 6915 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizi

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2007, 11:57:10 pm »

A friend at work asked about comic book characters that I like who are NOT X-Men. It took me a while to think of any because I've been involved with the X-Men for so many years that I forget there are other comic books out there, certainly any that are not part of the X-Men 'family' of books. However one of the first non-X-Men titles I ever bought was "Cloak and Dagger". Believe it or not, that was even before they made a guest appearance in the original "New Mutants". For a good synopsis of their history see Wikipedia (there are other places but most tend to leave more out than they put in, mostly in favor of whatever is going on in the comic world now only).

Upsetting for me was that I found better pictures on Deviant Art than any official site. Here, here, here, and here are some that I thought were good representations.

Before anyone asks or gets upset about it, no I did not even attempt to make Cloak. I have stretched my limited abilities as far as they would go with Dagger. Simple recolors I can do with photoshop but this was a little more complex and I sincerely don't think I can attempt to do more at this time. If someone else were to do it... (hint, hint, hint...) I don't think anyone would complain. Also, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any little bit if someone with more skill than me wanted to make a better version of Tandy.

Nobody faint but the costume is ALL ME! Yep, I did it myself. The WHOLE THING! Okay, well, I recolored a Maxis body and then added and made changes, but I did it. And the alpha? Have you braced yourself? I did it from scratch! I sure did! Since this is my very first clothing that I did more than a quick recolor of, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself right now. Oh! The facial marking? I did that one too. Man, I was busy!

Credits:
hair by helga86, at tsr (not included)
brows by Helaene (included) but I think they're actually listed at simsgraveyard now instead of the site
blush by Helaene (included) same
eyes by bruno (included)
eyeshadow by bruno (included)
lipstick by bruno (included), part of the blossom set
eyelashes by teru k (included due to no policy listed)
skintone by liegenschonheit (included)

Uh, if I've forgotten something just let me know and I'll fix it.

Oh! I know! I've got all expansions and stuff packs if you need to know that.

* Dagger.zip (3688.09 KB - downloaded 357 times.)

* snapshot_b4327b1f_d43289b6.jpg (69.87 KB, 600x450 - viewed 754 times.)

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
dracine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 12:41:59 am »

Nice job Dizi!
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 03:01:22 am »

Very good job!  I know exactly how difficult it is to edit alpha's, especially around the neck area.

It's interesting you mention other comics.  The first comic I got was a four pack of X-Men #1, X-Factor #1, X-Force #1, and Uncanny X-Men #280 (ish, I think).  We found it at Wal-Mart of all places.  Anyhow, I would read and re-read those.  But one day I stumbled on G.I. Joe.  That series was the first one that I actually collected, and now I'm wondering where those are.  

Strange, I bet ya would've though it was X-Men.

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 06:22:28 am »

Well, I do count Alpha Flight as an X-title or they would be the first, but "Cloak and Dagger" and "Power Pack" were my first outside the family. Ah, those were the days.
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
kenji
Smallville Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 03:24:33 pm »

Great job Dizi! thanks for sharing.

~kenji

"I know what I need to do with my life now. Life is so precious, so beautiful and to be able to protect that, that's an amazing gift.
-Lana Lang

"Then they dragged you in here kicking and screaming, because you claimed you saw a man with super powers swipe a bullet out of thin air...."
-Lex Luthor
kim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 04:55:03 pm »

Nice Job

homerette

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 05:32:28 pm »

Geez, a blast from the past.  I thought my sister and I were the only one's who remember ole Cloak and Dagger.  Great job, thanks!
SealJuice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 07:02:54 pm »

Woo hoo! Thanks!
jjjim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 07:05:57 pm »

She's lovely! Great job. Thanks
amadeus451

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 08:57:33 pm »

Wow. And I just had my issue of Cloak & Dagger #1 in my hand not 15 minutes ago. You've done Tandy justice. Thank you for all your hard work.

Cthulhu in 2008: Why settle for the lesser evil.

If Ben Franklin & John Adams would have had their way, the wild turkey would have been America's national bird instead of the bald eagle. I often wonder what we would eat on the 4th Thursday in Novemeber if that had happened.
inJvstice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 12:34:32 am »

wow, thats awesome.  I was a fan of the book for a while, way back in the day.  Thanks for this.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 02:39:25 am »

Very nice

physcodad

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 03:34:24 am »

Nice job. One of my favourite Marvel girls was Silver Sable. No powers but what a bod ! Fancy giving her a try ?
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 06:29:29 am »

Quote from: physcodad;1013600
Nice job. One of my favourite Marvel girls was Silver Sable. No powers but what a bod ! Fancy giving her a try ?

You know, I actually used her in a story, sorta. I think I remember Sable as having a lot of belts and buckles and stuff which I couldn't do. Maybe someday if I can figure out a way but you're best option is to ask Syn next time he takes requests. Honestly, this one pushed my courage and skills. I have no clue when or if I'll be able to work up to trying something else.
~dizi

queenrikki

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 02:34:29 pm »

Ah!  I love Cloak and Dagger so I'm glad that someone made at least half of that pair.

At some point you have to realise that your mind is, indeed, a freakshow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: