Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:57:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Law Career Corruption  (Read 1067 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ST4TheSims2

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2007, 09:11:52 pm »

Well, I don't know if it's truly corrupted but here's the problem:

I just installed Celebration Stuff and Bon Voyage.  To check out the BV features, I played with one of my several single Sims.  I had him go on vacation and return.  When he did and it was time for him to return to work, he wouldn't.  The work feature would show up in his queue but then he would "jump" and wouldn't go to work, as though the action had been cancelled.

Thinking it was one of my numerous hacks (I have them in their own Hacks subdirectory in the Downloads subdirectory), I removed the whole folder.  Unfortunately, the same thing happened.  When it was time to go to work, he would not.  Thinking it was one of my custom cars (also in their own subdir), I took those out.  Same thing.  Even took out the custom careers I have (I don't have many of those but I do have them) and I still had the same problem.

So, I decided to change his career and see if this "corruption" had affected all my base careers.  I used InSIM, changed him from Law to Military and wouldn't you know it!  He went to work without a hitch!  Changed him back to the Law career (which is where I want this particular Sim to be) and the problem started again.  I wondered if maybe this was just a fluke and it was just him so I check some of my other single Sims (only because they load faster) and they went to work just fine.  None of the ones I tested are in the Law career path.

Now, here's my question:  Since it does look like the Law career is messed up, how on earth do I restore it WITHOUT uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game?

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
ST4TheSims2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:54:29 pm »

***An Update***

After uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I began adding my Downloads, one folder at a time.  Added my Hacks, things worked fine.  Started adding my Bodybuilder and Athlete meshes before it dawned on me that I had those Career Clothes from the Gay Sims 2 website.

Sure enough, when I added that folder with the Career Clothes, modified my test Sim who was in the Law career with the Athlete mesh, then "shaped" him with his career clothes, the "jumping" started again.  When I "unshaped" him and sent him to work, he went to work just fine.

So, Career Clothes for the Bodybuilder and Athlete have issues.  I wish I had taken a little more time to investigate it further but I backed-up my important stuff.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: