Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 07:51:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! I have Sims 2 Deluxe and Seasons and it won't work!!  (Read 3187 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SweetChuchieFrita

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2007, 02:42:26 am »

I was in Wal-Mart looking for the Sims 2(after I sadly sold mine on EBay) and all they had avaliable was the Deluxe edition. So, I purchased that and Seasons. Well, I installed Deluxe then Seasons as so, but I can't play it. It keeps asking me for the Seasons 1 disc even though it's in the CD-Drive. Then it just closes. I uninstalled Seasons, then reinstalled it. Same thing. So now I just uninstalled both and I'm too impatient to reinstall them at the moment. What's going on? Does Deluxe not allow expansion packs? You can't return opened electronics so I'm kind of screwed if that's the deal. Can anyone tell me what I could do to possibly get a chance to play? Thnx so much!

~*~ChuChieFrita~*~
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 04:36:42 am »

there is probably a bug during the install - see this post for instructions on how to install from the hard drive (this usually solves this sort of issue):

FAQ: How do I install the game directly from my hard drive instead of from the CDs?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
SweetChuchieFrita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 07:57:06 am »

Okay so I installed both Deluxe and Seasons as so and I keep getting the "Please ensure The Sims 2 Seasons disc is in the CD-ROM Drive" or whatever error message upon start-up. Sad

~*~ChuChieFrita~*~
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 01:43:37 pm »

Assuming that you are an honest, law-abiding citizen and have obtained your copy of the game through normal, legal means; at this point you need to contact EA customer service and ask for their help -- it will probably mean getting a replacement disk for Seasons; this does happen fairly often, so you can choose between Wal-Mart (fast same day service) and EA (takes up to 3 weeks) for gettng the replacement

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 03:14:39 pm »

Have you tried installing them while in Safe Mode?  (While the computer is booting up before it gets to the "Windows" loading screen, press F8 to get to the menu, use the arrow keys to go to and highlight "Safe Mode", then hit enter.)  Then install the CDs after the computer finishes booting up like you would normally do so.  :angel:

If that doesn't work, you might want to check and see if you can get a replacement CD(s).

Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 05:42:04 am »

There is of course the other way for instantly solving that issue, that I personally use, since Ive been having those sorts of issues since day 1, even though I legitimately own all my games.  But we're not allowed to discuss it.
If your hassles are still there after following the above-given advice, PM me.  
To mods: yeah I know.  But Im just trying to help.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 10:03:02 am »

Tomkat, I know what you refer to and I would also agree that is a reasonable solution.  It is indeed unfortunate that the laws that govern this world are not brought into being to protect the rights of the consumer, but the interests of a rich minority.  Whereas we can't condone the use of anything like a no-cd hack, it should be noted that legal experts in the world are divided of opinion about the legality of these things.  We would never suggest anyone use Google for so nefarious a reason as to seek out something that may be potentially illegal, nor would we condone anyone in this community use a warez copy of an EP... that might cause the loss of profits to a bloated, lying, cash-sucking vampire like EA.

SweetChuchieFrita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 06:28:37 pm »

Sadly, I tried you guys solutions and nothing happened. So, I talked to the wal-mart manager and he allowed me to get my money back. I've called different wal-marts, game stop, circuit city, office depot...no-one has the original 4-disc version, its all Deluxe. The EA Store is out of stock and so is Wal-Mart online..I'm like screwed. Again. Sad

~*~ChuChieFrita~*~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: