Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:54:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons with Vista  (Read 1552 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Willow7697

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2007, 06:03:12 pm »

:blob6:HELP!  having a hard time running sims with Vista.  even though i did what they told me to do on Sims 2 site by changing property of Seasons everytime i try to load a new house it just loads and loads for ever (at least an hour) then i have to shut the game down and restart.  then the house will load quickly.  plus all my downloads are not showing up in the game even though my CEP is loaded.i have to save all my lots in to teleport before they show up.  even then lots of stuff doesnt load.

any one please help!  email me at willow7697@comcast.net:sad4:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 02:59:43 am »

Willow, what you are experiencing is "normal" - you won't get EA to admit that, but if you look through this and other Sims-related forums, you will see that there is a HUGE degree of problems unique to Vista that only get worse as you add the EPs.  I grant you, The Sims 2 on Windows XP is not bug-free, but it is a hell of a lot better.

welcome to the world of EA... the usual process under Vista is start, kill dead game with CTRL+ALT+DELETE, start again, kill dead game with CTRL+ALT+DELETE, start again,  kill dead game with CTRL+ALT+DELETE, start again,  kill dead game with CTRL+ALT+DELETE, start again,  kill dead game with CTRL+ALT+DELETE, start again,  kill dead game with CTRL+ALT+DELETE, start again, game finally bloody works, crash, start game again, kill dead game with CTRL+ALT+DELETE, start again, until it really works.

The mythical magic bug-free computer they test this game on is indeed truly magical, it consists of a cardboard box with magic marker drawing of the game working on the front.

Vista is just plain hateful with all games, add all the bugs of The Sims 2 and you have a recipe for global disaster.

My advice? ditch Vista and locate a copy of Windows XP SP2, you'll be far less plagued with horror.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:57:05 am »

I so heartily second that!
Every time you say it. Cheesy
Vista is a costly disease.
Leticron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:58:46 am »

I really don't like Vista (I was just too lazy to reformat the drive on my brand spanking new machine) but I've never experienced any kind of those weird behaviours.
I installed the basegame, pets, seasons and BV. Only when I started sims the 1st time, Vista told me that Sims 2 is not compatible and sent me to EA to d/l an upgrade patch.
So now all what's left  is the annoyance to move all downloads (because all the good programs like RoboMaid, Cleaninstaller, Download Organizer etc. install/work on the Files in the Admin account/EA Folders.
And since I refuse to run any game as admin, no CC shows up until I copy/move the stuff into my accounts Download folder
(Still being lazy I use a directory Sync program for that...of course resulting in having all CC 2x on my computer, which is no big deal on a 500 GB Harddrive and works as a convenient backup Cheesy
Not that this is very helpful for you...but I suspect some kind of messagebox popping up which is covered by the Game's screen. and of course the comp waits for any input before continuing its work (otherwise you most certainly would get a crash/no response - Screen.
Try to run the game in a window for once, so you would see any popup boxes.

-le
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:00:24 am by Leticron » Logged
Willow7697

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 12:18:56 pm »

what a pain in the ass, so all my lots and everything that i dont see i should load into my downloads folder.  thanks so much for the help.  i knew i would get an answer form you guys!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: