Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 03:46:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Swimming sim  (Read 2021 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
adalita

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2007, 01:36:42 am »

:help: One of my sims swims everywhere!  How do I stop this without deleting the sim?

here is a pic of what I mean - she has no swimming action in her queue!

BIG help as I am using her in a contest!

3rd place in Siblings-Love Or Hate Contest with Alyssa and Aimee Sacchi!
1st place in A Family Christmas with The Pearcy Family
Adalita's SIMS Come and check out my sims and their houses!
Check out my work in Living Sims Magazine HERE
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 01:44:46 pm »

1.  Open the cheat box (CTRL + SHIFT + C) and enable debug mode (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true)

2.  Hold down the Shift key when you click on the sim, then find the "Force Error" option.

3.  After the error box pops up, click the "Reset" button.  The sim should reset itself

Sometimes, deleting the sim using the moveobjects cheat will help in getting rid of that action, or any other errors the sim might have.  The sim will reappear back at the mailbox upon exiting and reloading the lot.  You can also choose to Restore the family using the InSIMenator's Family Tree if you delete the sim.  :angel:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 01:53:59 pm »

This is a very common error really - I see it in one or more sims every month, not sure what happens to cause it.  maybe a bad exit from the swimming pool.

but Tenshii~Akari is correct, use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to force an error on the sim, but be sure to turn the cheat mode off afterwards, since the cheat mode uses a lot of resources: boolprop testingcheatsenabled false

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 01:56:52 pm »

^^ Thanks.  Forgot to mention to turn them off...  :oops:

There's also the fact that the "swimmable lakes" people make can cause this problem.  If there's even one area that isn't made right, your sim will swim right through it and continue to keep swimming everywhere they go.  It's definitely a bad exit, that's for sure.  :lol:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 01:59:32 pm »

ah! that would be it!  I knew those things were a bad idea >_<

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: