Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:12:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resolved:chest pound gesture in Takemizu???? HELP!!!  (Read 1756 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
marilynj72

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:47:13 am »

Okay, this is a little complicated. I have a brand new computer because the old computer I had was ruined in a flood (including the external hardrive that had all my games backup files). I had taken my old computer in to see if maybe they could possibly retrieve the game data so I could have all my custom content back. They were having trouble with this so, I went ahead and installed all my new (i bought all new games because I wasn't able to get the ones I lost in a flood, they are stuck in a desk) games (all ep's and stuff packs up to bon voyage). I played a little and I downloaded new stuff I only ran into one problem where I wasn't able to use the massage table, but I'm pretty sure this is do to something I downloaded and I think I can fix that problem by going through my new downloads.

A few weeks went by and I got a phone call saying that they were able to retrieve my game files from the destroyed computer. So, I backed up my new downloads and other game content and I put it aside. Then I uninstalled all my games. Then, this may be where I screwed up but I installed all the games up to seasons (where I left off with the old computer) then my game files (I just put the sims 2 file in mydocuments/EA games and deleted the other sims2 file). I have all my stuff and got back-ups just in case. I went in the game and checked everything, everything seemed to be working fine.

Then I went ahead and installed the last 2 stuff packs and bon voyage which I didn't have installed on the last computer.I had to reinstall my downloads folder because it must have erased some (or all) of my downloads. I have all my stuff now, but when I go on vacation I went to 3 lakes and it wouldn't allow me to do the gesture, I decided to check Takemizu and it allowed me to do only the chest pound gesture? I know that the gesture for Takemizu is the bow not the chest pound gesture...

So, after discovering this I removed my downloads folder and went back into the game I am now allowed to do the chest pound gesture in 3 Lakes but in Takemizu I still get the chest pound gesture. I also noticed that in 3 Lakes I tried to join in on the slap dance but the icon would pretty much disappear as soon as I clicked on the option to do so in the pie menu.

So there may be something bad in my downloads folder... I can deal with that, but what could be causing this problem when my downloads folder isn't in the game? I haven't installed the patch yet but I haven't seen anyone with this problem either. I just have a feeling that the patch won't help the problem, anyways. I'm thinking that maybe something in my old game files got installed somewhere other than the downloads folder and is causing a problem with the game, but I have no idea where to look.

Please help me!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:23:07 pm by marilynj72 » Logged
Mackerdog

Call me Carrie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 03:24:58 pm »

Here is what I have noticed and it may be what you are facing as well. I went to Three Lakes and got to learn the chest pund. I next went to Takemizu and was able to do the chest pound because I has already learned it. I was not able to bow or practice it with others until someone bowed to me first. Is this what you are experiencing?

Going Crazy and Getting There Fast
marilynj72

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 08:41:52 pm »

It could be. I'll have to try it out.
marilynj72

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 03:53:03 pm »

Thank you that was the problem. I had thought you could only do certain gestures in certain places.
Ding140674

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:35:18 pm »

What I do was to use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to make selectable a local Sim. Then have him/her gesture to my playing Sims so in this way they will not have to wait lol.

I can take request for beddings & towels but you must provide me the clear Pictures or size with at least 800x600. Ex-members of SMB at http://sims2world.freeforums.org My forums at http://dinglouisa.myfastforum.org http://sims2creatorsforum.myfreeforum.org/
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 02:44:29 pm »

Marylin, unfortunately the game let's sims do the known gesture in all vacation hoods, actually sims can do them anywhere no matter which section they are in (vacation lot, downtown lot, business lot, residential lot)  Since the vacationers are the same for all 3 vacations hoods unlike the locals which are per vacation hood, a new gesture can be spread in no time in all the different vacations hoods by the townie vacationners.  Silly Eaxis again did not limited the gestures to their own individual area.

Pescado made a mod to fix this that you can find  Here

Also, Alexx58 made a mod so the gestures are only autonomous in the vacation hoods, that one can be find Here

As for learning dances, if the fun level of your sim is already pretty high, it is not rare the action will drop out of the queu.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: