Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:41:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hammock Freezes Game  (Read 1789 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
flameflash

View Profile WWW
« on: September 30, 2007, 11:45:12 am »

You know, my sims are sticking too (almost hijacked another sticking thread)... but it seems to be something related to the hammocks.  Tested with removing the one hammock related hack I have (teen woohoo has been updated, even if insim hasn't yet) and the problem persisted.

If anybody better at code than I (okay, that means everybody) might interpret this little bit, I'd appreciate it.  I have the error report attached.  The lot just freezes unless I remove the hammock, a very strange procedure.  Not a problem on home lots, but I'm afraid to go to comm lots due to this fact since I may not be able to delete those hammocks as easily.

* ObjectError_N001_t3409.txt (54.36 KB - downloaded 93 times.)
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 12:06:58 pm »

Is your lot freezing when you enter it or when someone tries to use the hammock?  If someone can use it and you don't get an object error, force an error on the sim, not the hammock.

Maybe try another lot too, perhaps one of the pre-populated lots you haven't customized yet.
TickleYu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 08:56:54 am »

Flameflash,

I am having the same problem.  I make sure to stay clear of putting hammocks in any type of lot.  If I put a hammock in a residential home, the game will freeze until I take it out.  If I put a hammock in a community lot, that lot will not load.  It took me quite a while to figure out it was the hammock creating this havoc.  I know Maxis has put woohoo interactions with the hammock, so I figure it is one of my hacks causing this conflict. I don't have the problem with the hot springs (which also has woohoo interactions), so I am baffled for the moment.   I have went through my hacks several times and have gotten rid of the ones that have caused other conflicts, but haven't went through the motions to figure out which hack is messing with my hammocks.  I just steer clear of the hammocks for now.  It is something (more than likely a hack) not jiving with the hammocks.

TickleYu

CRUNCH*A*TIZE ME CAP'N!
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 02:31:20 pm »

Are all your woo hoo hacks compliant with BV? Jase has updated Jen's Teen WH and his own InTeen to full compatibility. Maybe you have an old, hidden woo hoo hack in your D/Ls folder. Carrigon also has played with woo hoo. I am not sure all of her hacks are updated yet.

I have never had any problem with the hammocks on community lots or private lots on vacation or Pleasantview. It has to be hack related.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 03:14:26 pm »

jinyc, not to gansay you - but I just experienced a crash using the hammock in an install of the game with only the ant-redundancy hack from MATY installed, so I don't think it is hack related

I think there may be a randomly occuring bug here

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 01:49:48 pm »

Yakov, why doesn't Maxis ship it's EPs with bug repellent?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: