Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:16:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't use move_objects on vacation community lot  (Read 2533 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2007, 12:19:30 pm »

My sims are on vacation. They went to a community lot.They are in the hot tub and are stuck cuddling and doing woohoo the other vacationer's are running to the hot tub because they think my sims are doing woohoo.But they are stuck in this hot tub and i tried cancelling the action to no avail. I tried the cheat move_objects on,but i can't go in buy mode to click on my sims to move them. So i had to exit the lot without saving and return to neighbourhood.For future problems with this i would like to know is there another way to solve this.Because when your on vacation it is like a treasure hunt and you collect treasure and i don't want to lose anything if this happens again.:smt120
Thank you if you can help.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 02:15:50 pm »

Dream if you have the BV InSim in your game you can use it to enable buy/save when on vacation.

It sounds like you may have a hack conflict. Were you using a custom hot tub or a Maxis one? If you have BV installed and are using a Woo Hoo hack it must be compatible. Jase has updated Jenflower's Teen Woo Hoo and his own brilliant InTeenimator. I am not certain that Carrigon has brought all her Woo Hoo hacks up to BV snuff.

In any case, check and see if you have any hack problems. You can use SW HCDU hack utility or Pesacado's Hack Diff at MATY.

SW: http://www.simwardrobe.com/

MATY: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php

I think the InSIm will be your best bet as a bandaid but you really should find out what is causing the freeze.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 09:02:54 pm »

Thank for replying. And the hacks i had was perfect plants and insim. So i took out perfect plants. I don't have any woohoo hacks.But my sims were visiting a lot while vacationing i didn't have them check  in .I have done this before without any problems this was the first time. So i ran the hack conflicked detector but it did not find any.But to be on the safe side i removed perfect plants. And thank you for mentioning that buy mode was an option as i was not aware. Insimenator is so nice to have. Thank you.Next time i will check for the buy mode option.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:09:42 pm »

I don't see how perfectplants could have caused this problem espacially if you got the latest version Twojeffs posted at Inteen site.

Are you sure you do not have any other mods in your game?  If you downloaded and install lot from the exchange without using the clean installer it would not surprise me.

You do have the BV insimenator install right, that would be version 2.7.  And you did remove the old version you had I hope since they will conflict.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 10:12:30 pm by MissDoh » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 12:59:15 am »

Actually - I have seen other complaints about the moveobjects cheat mucking up on BV community lots.

Community lots in general have a bizarre time management system, look at the way University EP works the whole college neighbourhood like a giant community lot; if we consider the vacation neighbourhood a similar sort of arrangement, who knows what freakazoid crap EA has in the time management for those neighbourhoods?  And the methodology of any "perfect plant" mod would have to do with time in some manner; if the time controller for the lot is buggered or conflicts with the semi-global/global in the perfect plant mod, then it may well affect all manner of things - and the nature of a bug it is... well... weird and buggy :lol:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 01:01:27 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 03:39:42 am »

I have the perfect plants hack and haven't noticed any conflicts in my game.  Either I've simply been lucky or the seasons version of the hack is fine.  

Jinyc read my mind: enable buy mode with InSIM or boolprop hacks on community lots if you have to.  By default buy and build mode are disabled in live mode on community lots so naturally move_objects on won't work unless you use a cheat of some sort.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 12:21:19 pm »

Quote from: jinyc;1020114
Dream if you have the BV InSim in your game you can use it to enable buy/save when on vacation.

Thanks for posting this, because I'm having this problem as well.  I do have the most recent addition of InSim, but I'm not sure where this command is located on it.  Can you please let me know?  I would be so grateful.

Erica

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 01:46:06 pm »

Scratching head!!!!!!!!!!Trying to remember! I think it's under miscellaneous (something like that).

EDIT: My bad! I checked! It is under "OTHER" as part of the chair section.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 01:54:36 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 02:07:48 pm »

YAY!  Thank you for answering. I'll try it straight way.  Cheesy

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 04:21:57 pm »

Are you sure you do not have any other mods in your game? If you downloaded and install lot from the exchange without using the clean installer it would not surprise me.

You do have the BV insimenator install right, that would be version 2.7. And you did remove the old version you had I hope since they will conflict.

I don't bother downloading from exchange.I don't have objects cc. And yes i have the correct version of insim.
Only yesterday i downloaded a lot from this site but i have not put it in my game yet.
And i was not implying that perfect plants was the culprit i simply removed it until i see if this would make a difference to the game just to be on the safe side.
And don't have inteen so i don't download from that site. It was probably just a fluke, but it is nice to know that if it were to happen again i know that there is an option to correct it. Thanks to everyone for replying and trying to problem solve this one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: