Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:16:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vista and Seasons  (Read 1920 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2007, 03:58:04 pm »

Sorry I keep having all these issues but I need help once again.

I have a laptop with Vista on it and I installed The Sims 2 Seasons and it won't open. I was just wondering if it could be an incompatibility problem. Also, my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:D

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 07:50:05 pm »

SGF - did you install the game as the administrator?  If not, un-install and repeat the install as the administrator.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 07:54:17 pm »

I believe I did. I didn't set up any accounts yet on this computer so I just assumed I was the administrator. Let me check it out...

Thanks once again!

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 08:11:30 pm »

You may also need to use a compatability mode - not precisely sure which one you might need here.  Some people have mentioned it requires you to specify that programme run as administrator, I think that sounds a little draconian, but it may do the trick.

I know TS2 is not Unicode, so there are potential problems there.

Here is the English help for changing compatability: Microsoft Windows Vista Help: Changing Programme Comaptability

In German: Windows-Hilfe und -Anleitungen: Ausführen von älteren Programmen in dieser Version von Windows
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:15:04 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 09:42:17 am »

I tried changing the compatibility mode and it doesn't work. I found that the game will work when I open the cd drive and then close it again. I'm not sure if this is how it should be but it works for me.

Thanks Beosboxboy:)

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 10:28:48 am »

blarg - I am hearing that more and more.  It sounds to me like the SecuROM copyright protection is somehow interfering with the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM functions.  I am glad you solved the problem SolidGoldFunk, but this sort of solution seems to me like my grandfather's saying when something didn't work: "you must not have been posing your lips right"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: