Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 02:51:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Screen Of Doom: Crashing Problem  (Read 1367 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SarahsALoser

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2007, 03:44:50 pm »

Alright today I upgraded my computer, went from 512 mb of RAM to 1gb and changed out my old Geforce 4000 for a GeForce 7600 GS.

The installation went fine. I have uninstalled the old drivers and installed new ones. Now when I play the game it will play for approximately an hour and then the game will blink to this blue loading screen (blank) and I'll see the hour glass. Then it will come back. After a minute it will blink again. After the third time the game crashes and I have to reboot from the back of the computer.

I'm really extremely frustrated at this point. I checked over and over to make sure everything was compatible with the game and my computer. The worst part is, the game NEVER crashed when I had the geforce 4.

I have all the EP's and SP's and never had any issues with securom or anything like that. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Oh. I'm sorry! Is all this 'hunting evil' stuff boring you?
Winner of Make Over Challenge: Penelope Stevens.
Check out my Legacy Story over on LJ Here!
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 04:02:30 pm »

For those owners of nVidia video cards who are running Windows XP/2000, their new driver has now gone from Beta status to FINAL status.
To get the driver if you haven't already, visit http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp.

If after downloading the driver, you'll still crashing a blue screen of death (BSOD), please contact nVidia customer support for assistance.

Happy Simming!

I downloaded this and i have been able to play without any complications with my game.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
SarahsALoser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 04:07:36 pm »

that's the drive I do infact have. Also it's not the Blue Screen of Death. It's just a blue (like sims blue) screen it's like the color of the loading screen and then I get the hourglass curser but it's the SIMS hour glass curser.

Oh. I'm sorry! Is all this 'hunting evil' stuff boring you?
Winner of Make Over Challenge: Penelope Stevens.
Check out my Legacy Story over on LJ Here!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 11:54:39 am »

ah - the blue screen hang-up thing.  You don't mention what operating system you have, is it XP?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: