Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 07:17:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxis only sims  (Read 2363 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lisa-bee

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:44:55 am »

I love the sims made with custom skintones. I just wish there were more good looking sims based on maxis skins.

Lisa

Patience is a virtue I have yet to learn!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 09:26:32 am »

I've seen some gorgeous sims with default skins.  Believe it or not, it was actually on the exchange.  And I hate that place!  :shock:

This is just my honest personal opinion... but I don't like the maxis skins for one reason:  because they're a little too... "defined", for lack of a better term.  (Especially on the face skin in the nose and lip area.  That's my main problem with them... Sad )  

I'm partial to subtle-but-detailed looking skins, as you can see from my sims.  Don't get me wrong, there are some awesome sims that look great with default maxis skin tones... (I could point you towards a few pictures I've seen.  :smile bi:)  It's just that with the way I make my facial features, the maxis skin would look even weirder when I change my sims' into them.  :oops:  That's just how I see it.  Can't speak for anyone else.  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 09:28:41 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

lisa-bee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 09:05:13 am »

I would completely agree. Skintones created by other artists make amazing looking sims. My issue is whn I download these sims, I have to remember which skintone they fall under, so I have over a hundred sims and 50ish skintones. That was my issue. I figured if we had better looking maxis default sims I could spruce them up with various skintones.

Lisa

Patience is a virtue I have yet to learn!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: