Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:34:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Consumer alert! A general review of the products of GedonSoft GmbH.  (Read 9190 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2007, 11:20:12 am »

A general review of the products of GedonSoft GmbH.

Disclaimer: the opinions and views expressed in this article do not reflect the opinions or views of InSIMenator.net, the owner-operators of InSIMenator.net, or the general membership of the InSIMenator.net. This review is by beosboxboy and the opinions, views, and commentary contained in this article are solely his own.

Regardless of what you might think of pay-sites, there is a far deadlier, evil menace lying in wait for the unsuspecting. A dark force of paramount, eldritch evil that will savage your sanity and leave you a wasted husk of a being with a deep desire to claw out your eyes and wanting to ram red hot coals into the empty sockets in a futile effort to erase the memory of the horrors you have seen. Like all true evil, it comes innocently packaged in a festive cover that little foretells its true nature, not unlike a small cake with icing flowers that contains pus and maggots beneath the all-occluding icing.

Behold the product line of GedonSoft GmbH, -- A German software development company that should be burned to its foundations and its owners driven from their homes under a hail of stones, paving bricks, beer bottles, dead cats, and old boots.

First up, Face Factory. This inferior horror is not to be confused with the similarly named Ulead Face Factory nor with the relatively well performing product by Abacus. Also, "Face Factory" is the name of several childrens games.

Next up, Fashion Factory. Again, a copy-cat name that leads one to think one might be getting the superior Kalypso Media GmbH product which is no longer being manufactured.

Next up, Styling Factory. Ostensibly this programme will help you create gorgeous hair styles, but, in fact, creates hair more in keeping with late stages of radiation sickness.  During my experiments the textures would disappear at random, be replaced by un-aliased pixel strings, and all manner of buggy nonsense. The output was always a garbled mess that looked like a finger-painting done with poop.

I don't know what happened, but these products as formerly developed and published by other -- and I dare say vastly better -- companies have turned to complete crap in the hands of GedonSoft.  You would have to have a profoundly sick and twisted vision of beauty to want to use any one of these products as shipped by GedonSoft.

These horrors should be avoided at all costs.

If I can get permission from the original posters, I will add actual in-use and in-game images of these products; I can only link to the original threads for now:

Fashion Factory & Styling Factory review by derMarcel (German language)

FaceFactory discussion and example thread (German language - but the images speak for themselves)

Final review: Totally toxic

Nota Bene: these titles are being distributed under a number of company names: Focus Multimedia Ltd in the UK, Mindscape in Australia, and others! Buyer beware!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:23:16 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 01:05:38 pm »

ROFL!  It's so...pretty...
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 01:09:05 pm »

:lol: Thanks for this and the links!  I really needed the laugh right at the moment.  :laugh:  (...truly horrifying and terrible, I must say, but it brings laughter to my soul for some reason... :rofl: )

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 04:15:34 pm »

Malicious joy is the best joy as a German saying goes. I always keep gloating at people, who fork out good money for obvious crap. I mean the cover of face factory already says it all. Actually, you don't need any additional ingame horrors to foresee the outcome, if you take a look at what has become of that boy pictured there.

Pitty, that you don't understand German, because the linked and featured experiences with fashion factory make for some very amusing reading. White dresses turning grey and things like that. People agree, that this product line is deeply rooted in the intestinal region.

One of the users has posted his results with styling factory: http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unbenanntrs8.png

Very stylish indeed.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 04:30:49 pm by abaris » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 04:27:29 pm »

Oh I can read most of the German, I am not so practiced as I once was, but some of it was a good laugh, some of it was just tragic.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 04:59:35 pm »

Quote from: abaris;1020290
One of the users has posted his results with styling factory: http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unbenanntrs8.png

Very stylish indeed.

Wow... I feel deep pity for the poor squirrel that exploded over that sim kid's head.  :shock:  That "thing" is so worth the $19.95 asking price.  :sign11:

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:24:45 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1020374
Wow... I feel deep pity for the poor squirrel that exploded over that sim kid's head.  :shock:  That "thing" is so worth the $19.95 asking price.  :sign11:

But you shouldn't feel sorry for the bloke who bought it. Most everyone was warning him on the boards and he still insisted - the squirrel is what he's got for his money.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 05:28:32 pm by abaris » Logged
boeketjebloemen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 01:11:56 pm »

Wow, 19 Euro's! The Stuff Packs don't even cost that much!
Though, as one of the people on those German boards pointed out, you do get a lot of fun for it, it seems Tongue

:bunny:Climbing up from Moo-Bunny status:bunny:
Annette1955

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 09:34:47 pm »

I actually stood and looked at these today as I was getting Teen Stuff. I'm glad I decided against them. The Facebook stuff can be easily done in bodyshop, and anyway I don't want real people in my game.
I was tempted for a moment with the clothes making one as I can't do cc myself. But then again there is just so much good cc out there I really don't need to try that.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 05:45:37 pm »

We have a Dutch version too, but I dare to doubt that's any better.
I happened to have seen another thread about it and thus was warned, otherwise I might've been brought into the temptation of buying this crap.
Those examples are horrible!! If that's what the program does, the only way you can use it is if you want to make horror-sims. o.o

I just checked, the Dutch version is made by Mindscape, sigh.
Here's how our box looks:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 05:48:08 pm by AlbinoBambi » Logged

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

DocFX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 11:19:43 am »

Hmmm?, Buyer beware indeed! - I've seen better looking 'PD' stuff on the Amiga back in the 90's!... Wink

Just one more go!.. Wink
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 04:39:07 pm »

I needed a laugh today. Thanks very much, I can laugh at this, because I suck at trying anything creative, but this is worst than anything I can make on my own. :laugh: Like the poster said above, there's no need for this, the community has such beautiful work out there. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
floopyboo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 04:10:43 am »

Dammit! That's $20 down the drain then. Actually, I think it was $30. Well, that's good to know. Thanks.
pennyhugo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 12:42:10 am »

*One of the users has posted his results with styling factory: http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?i...benanntrs8.png

Very stylish indeed.*

Hehehe, looks like Oren Ishii's hair flying.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 10:07:45 am »

Hmmz, the link isn't working. :/

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: