Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 04:09:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cars without nightlife  (Read 1720 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tinkerbell3552

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2007, 03:54:04 pm »

Hi everyone. I had a question about cars. I only have sims 2, OFB, and Seasons. But I downloaded the garage kit from sims2.com and the two cars that were there. It works fine but I was wondering if since I have the garage kit, if other cars would work if I downloaded them?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 03:57:34 pm »

no - they won't sadly - the special No-NL cars have all the missing code added to them, where as other cars rely on finding the supporing game core files in the NL EP and are clones of NL items.  If someone were to make a clone of the No-NL version as a basis for their work, this would probably offer some sort of functional result; but I have never seen more that some passing remarks about doing this.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Fresh-Prince

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 10:26:29 am »

Some of us car creators have tried to clone the mustang or focus to make our own custom cars to work for those without NL. As of now, it seems pretty much that it's not too possible for it. We've tried and it just doesn't work.

So you can only have the cars maxis makes unless you have nightlife, sorry

http://www.freshprincecreations.com
~Adding Life to Your Homes~
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 10:48:50 am »

Thanks for answering this, Fresh-Prince.  You would be one of the experts!

I suspected that the BHAVs and globals/semi-globals would be seriously "gobbed up" in a clone.  I should have said something about that in my original pist here; on re-reading it, I see there is a possible accusatory tone in it, that wasn't my intention.

Just to clarify for everyone, making a clone is not a 100% thing; the toilet stalls are a great example of what can go wrong.  Another good example is making a clone of any of the double beds.  You always find something not quite right in the clones.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:54:25 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Fresh-Prince

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 11:03:19 am »

That's very true beosboxboy Smiley

Those are perfect examples. Some things get messed up because of new animations presented by an expansion pack, or any new info also.

It also turns out that these maxis cars replace some of the original nightlife cars' files. These new cars from maxis, for example, have different light glows and replaces all original NL cars and custom cars lights. So I wouldn't be surprised if they replace other things with cars too. So both types of cars are linked in a way and borrow files.

http://www.freshprincecreations.com
~Adding Life to Your Homes~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: