Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:45:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 at next GDC/Halloween objects  (Read 3180 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« on: October 31, 2007, 07:02:32 pm »

Richard Evans, AI engineer for Sims 3, will have an hour long talk about 'New AI Techniques For Sims 3' at the next GDC. We will have to wait til February 18 however but the official GDC site did post a bit of info. Here's a summary:

"AI techniques being used in Sims 3. These include very long-term planning, autonomous traits, and a new socializing model. To make each Sim be a unique snowflake, recognizably distinct from the others, the player focuses less on peeing and sleeping, and more on social relationships and situations. He will demonstrate these ideas working in action in a 2D experimental testbed."

Read the full description here: Richard Evans talk.

The Official German Sims Magazine has again posted a nice selection of objects, this time in the Halloween theme. 15 Objects are in this 2.88 Mb pack like a double bed, a rug, mirrors and several decorational items. It's free to download after registering on the site.
Find it here: Sims2magazin.de
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:28:11 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
cruzer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 11:47:54 pm »

Greetings:

I am looking forward to Sims 3....
With any luck and some praying to the SimsGods
the powers that will be will see what made Sims2 so good/bad and take the time and love and make Sims 3 everything that Sims 2 should/could have been...

Cruz'd
:banned:
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 07:44:37 am »

I'm so not buying Sims 3. Sims 2 cost me enough money already, and I'd probably have to buy a new pc to be able to p0lay it.
So Sims 2 will have to do for me.

Besides, with all the problems Sims 2 is already having, I don't dare to buy something new from EA, which will be more complicated then this is, while they can't even make this game correct.

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 03:25:27 pm »

Quote from: maniac19642003;1014425
the player focuses less on peeing and sleeping, and more on social relationships and situations.

This party kinda worries me.  While I like more social stuff, I doin't really want to lose the normal everyday life things, in fact, I'd like to see more done there.
sesimie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 01:51:49 pm »

Can't wait....i hope it updates CAS so that each part of a sim is customizable....eg. neck length....and Please make it easier to organize and remove custom content!!   SIMS3 will own!!

“Wait for the sign,To flick the switch of death,It's the beginning of the end......Sweat, chilling cold, As I watch death unfold,Consciousness my only friend” -Ride The Lightning by MetallicA
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 12:44:37 pm »

The way copyright protection is going there may not be any "free" CC in the Sims 3. I will wait for reviews from trusted sources before purchasing and getting caught up in another "New EP, SP, release frenzy", which many of us have developed in playing the Sims 2. I will hold my money until EA proves they really did it right!

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 03:58:37 pm »

^^ I concur.  :evil4:  I'm tired of being frustrated with a game that's supposed to be the "final" release, and not something that plays like it hadn't even been tested before hitting the shelves.  And as long as they keep their deal with Sony, the can keep their stuff, no matter how good it looks or how tempting it is to me.  I can't keep risking the destruction of my computer when I know I can't afford to buy a new one any time soon.  :roll:  

Though it does sound like they have a bunch of good ideas for it... if they'd just take the time and make sure there aren't any major bugs before releasing their stuff, I'm sure EA would be at least a thousand times better than they are now... too bad they can't be like Nintendo and keep us in suspense for a few years more than previously planned... (Those who were waiting on LoZ: Twilight Princess for GC before it was announced to be released on Wii know exactly what I am talking about.  Zelda fans ended up with Wind Waker, which was a really fun game... but not what many were hoping for after seeing very early Zelda E3 trailers.  I know I waited for so long, and it was pure perfection at its best when I finally got to play it.)   Oh well... $$$ is all they care about now.  Why bother to reason with big corporations... :?  

Thanks for passing on the info as always, maniac.  :angel:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: