Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:17:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Conent not showing up in body shop  (Read 3714 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Shreix60

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 12:09:35 am »

I just bought Seasons, now nothing is showing up in body shop, even though I installed the files right, the game reconizes them, but not body shop. I also think I have a file that is scrweing up my game and body shop, it turns loaded screen on body shop, black, when I click to clone or make a sim, it crashes. I tried to run the game and I got a green like.. UV map for my nighborhood pictures, were there used to be a picture, and then it crahses. I then pulled the folder and.. It seems to be a issue with something I have. I'm ading things back in slowly and that's when I noticed this issue with body shop.. Any ideas?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 12:21:25 am »

make sure that your link for BodyShop is targeting the BodySHop that came with Seasons EP; if you are using a link that was made before Seasons was installed it may be targetting the wrong version.

Also can you tell me what your video card is?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Shreix60

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 12:30:17 am »

With how it's installed I'm pretty sure that I have the right one, I'm clicking it from the folder that has the Seasons icon, for whatever reason it doesn't load right when I put it in the dock.. It freezes more. How can I be sure I have the right icon I'm clicking? Before I installed seasons, I checked it and everything worked fine. Since I removed my downloads folder, the screen is normal.. I'm wondering if there's a easier way to find what caused it, instead of sorting over 1,000 files.

The card, I think is.. At Raedon 9600
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 12:41:11 am »

Locate the Seasons EP installation folder on the hard drive - it should be named The Sims 2 Seasons EP or something similar, inside it you should locate a folder named CSBIN - there is where you should find the BodyShop executible - I would simply create a new link on the desktop for it

Have you tried running BodySHop without the Downloads folder?  That would be the fastest way to determine if it s a Download; but I haven't heard of anyone having this problem before.  Maybe also try moving the SavedSims folder and delete the Projects folder.

It may be the video card =(

I know that Aspyr says the 9600 is supported but this contradicts what they say in other locations.  The graphic demands of Seasons are hgher than previous EPs, so there may be problems with the 9600 that I do not know about.  My G5 system has a Radeon X1900, so I can't do more than guess here.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Shreix60

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 09:53:55 pm »

I found out why it was crashing, I was way over the mac file limit, which was why it was crashing.

I can't figure out why no custom content will show up in body shop, I have installed the core again, and am waiting to install seasons. It does show up fine in the core.. But it doesn't work in Seasons. I contacted Apsyr.. They gave me that we don't support any CC, and to, "remove the folder and add it agian".. HOw the hell is this going to fix it not showing up if I remove it?Huh? I'm tempted to send Seasons back. I don't know if it is a issue with the game itself or what.. But everything I had worked on the PC and worked on the mac, with the base installed. Sad
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 09:17:23 am »

I have the 9600 card and it works fine with seasons.  Have you either cleared out your downloads to less than about 8000 or did you increase the file limit?

I have found that when installing a new ep, they don't always like subfolders.  I just move those items into the Downloads folder start the game, then quit and move back into the subfolder.  Usually fixes the issue.  I also keep all bodyshop items in subfolders in my Downloads folder, which is about 1 gb at the moment.  I only use the savedsims folder for sims.

Shreix60

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 03:57:11 pm »

I just emptied the downloads folder and started over, now I have about 300 files in it. I did get it to work right after completly uninstalling it and re-installing the base and Seasons. Now I have a new problem.. Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: