Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:43:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A Gypsy chapter 3 part 2  (Read 10036 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vickylougrl

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 09:14:33 pm »

Here is a little story I been wanting to write about a Gypsy girl living in Pleasantville.  I hope you all enjoy.  I still need to finish my other story but this one I wanted to get out of my system. LOL!

A Gypsy story

Chapter one

This story begins in the outskirts of Pleasantville City. On the land that belongs to Gypsy King Don Jenaro and his queen Marisela.  They have occupied this land as long as anyone can remember.  Here Don Jenaro with the help of his men raise the finest Pasofino horses available anywhere.  While his horses earn the Gypsy king quite a bit of money his people's lifestyle has changed hardly at all in this time and age of progress.

Don Jenaro and Marisela use the funds from their horses to bring in tutors to educate the children of both clans and keep social services off his people's back.

He sent his very own daughter Mia away to Pleasantville college to study to become a teacher.  Once she had finished her studies and earned a state license she began to teach all the clans children under the age of sixteen for five months out of the year.

The children were learning how to read in English.  The Gypsy dialect is a spoken language with much mythology and none of it written.  Mia had begun to write down some of their people's stories and myths and hoped to publish them some day.

Don Jenaro insisted that the children also learn traditional Gypsy trades such as blacksmith work and for the female children Tarot and divination.

He was very proud of Mia her work with her books would earn finally some respect for his people.  Perhaps people would finally know that not all Gypsies were thieves and scoundrels.

That some such as his own clans were hardworking good people.

Times were changing it was very difficult to maintain his clans traditions and way of life in this new and noisy world.  He knew if his people were to survive they had to put away their petty differences and stick together.

Don Jenaro had decided he would unite the clans with an arranged marriage between his daughter Mia and the Bandoleer Alejandro Rani's son Jose Manuel.

Mia was really past marry age as far as Gypsies go.  He had delayed making arrangements for her because of her attending college now there was no reason for her to remain single.
Alejandro Rani was a permanent member of the Kris a group of Gypsy judges.  He was a fair man and was a distant relative of Don Jenaro.  

Don Jenaro had no sons to be the next Gypsy King upon his death.  Although his wife Marisela would remain queen for the remainder of her life most probably someone from the Rani clan would step in as the next king.
The more Jenaro thought about the more it made sense if that was what would happen it might as well be his son in law or Grandson then.

Don Alejandro and Don Jenaro made an agreement.  Jose Manuel would go to their home tomorow night and begin courting Mia.

All the time Mia slept unaware of the plans of her father and Don Alejandro.  

The next morning Mia got her chores done quickly she had plans for the afternoon secret plans...she hated to be deceptive but it was the only way she could see Antonio.  Antonio was the love of her life since childhood.  
Antonio was a member of the Sabatino clan.  His clan was always in trouble being brought before the Kris for this and that.  Mia's Father even though he was related to the Sabatino clan had disdain for their Bandoleer Eliseo Sabatino.  Don Eliseo had done nothing to help the reputation of Gypsies in this and other communities.
He would not bring the children for teaching.  Mia had to falsify records for the social worker so that the clan would not lose their children to social services.  Also the Sabatino women supported the entire clan with their tarot readings and divination.  Don Eliseo was a lazy drinker who would not work or force his clan to work in blacksmithing.

Never the less Mia could  not remember ever not loving Antonio.  As a child she saw him more frequently because he lived with her clan.  Once she went to college and returned they had resumed their love affair in secret so as not to enrage Mia's father which could be dangerous.

Mia had decided one day she and Antonio would have to leave their families and make a life for themselves outside the Gypsy community.  Her Father would never approve of their union and the thought of leaving her mother and sisters to never see them again broke her heart.

As Mia tried to quietly slip away she ran into Berta this was bad Berta was the biggest gossip if she suspected anything she would surely tell on her!

"Mia!  Mia!  Where are you going in such a hurry?" she shouted as Mia tried to walk past her.

"Oh!  Hello Berta" Mia said halfheartly..

"So....where are you off to in such a hurry?" Berta was not letting Mia off the hook.

"Oh I am going into town I need school supplies for the children." Mia lied.

"Oh yes...that is nice deary....Come here Mia I want to see your lovely face...

"What are you doing Berta?"  "Quiet the spirits tell me you have a lover Mia...do you?....do you have a lover?"

Mia became flustered Berta was an incredible medium she could be frightening with her spirit revelations at times especially now.

"NO!  Berta your spirits lie!" she shouted and walked off in a rush.

"Berta!  Have you seen Mia?  I need to talk to her and I cannot find her."
"Well...yes I saw her earlier this afternoon Marisela she said she was going to town to buy supplies for her lessons with the children."

"But my queen may I die right here and now painfully if my spirits did not tell me she was meeting with a lover" Berta whispered to Marisela.

Marisela became enraged at Berta's insinuation.  "Look Berta if you repeat this nonsense to anyone I will personally arrange it so that you and your bigmouthed spirits can be together literally!  Do you hear me? you gossip"   she spat between her teeth.

This was serious Marisela knew Mia was slipping away to see Antonio but up until now it didn't much matter.  But now that Jenaro had arranged this marriage it was a big problem.  Marisela looked for Mia everywhere but couldn't find her she wanted to tell her what her Father had done.  How Jose Manuel would be coming to dinner that night to ask for her hand and court her.  But it appeared destiny wanted this to be a surprise for Mia as she could not find her.

Meanwhile...

Mia:  Antonio it is getting harder for me to get away to see you.  I don't know when I will be able to do it again.

Antonio:  I think the time is coming for us to leave Mia.  I don't want to hide anymore I want to marry you and live our love in the open for all to see.

Mia:  I think so too Antonio it breaks my heart to leave my Mother and sisters but it is time for us to begin our lives together.  I will tell mother tonight about our plans to leave.  Do we have enough money for a place Antonio?

Antonio:  Yes Mia I have found a small home for us the owner is a friend and offered me a discounted rent.  I also have found work in town I begin next week if we leave tommorow we can have a few days of honeymoon before I work.
Mia:  I will apply also in the local school as a teacher so we will be ok.

Mia and Antonio had made up their minds it was time to move on and begin their lives together as man and wife.

"Jose Manuel I have picked Mia to be available for you to marry.  I hope you understand that of all my daughters Mia is my favorite.  It is my hope for her to be Queen for our families once her Mother and I are gone.  Of course for you that means being King at some point and having children with true royal Gypsy blood." Jenaro wanted to see what kind of man this was who would be next in line once he and Marisela were gone.

"I will do my best to make Mia happy and treat her as not only my princess which she is but as my queen once we are married.  I promise you this Don Genaro." he said.

Jenaro was satisfied with his answer.  Hopefully this would work out Jose Manuel was a fine looking man.  He seemed gentle and considerate Mia should be happy to have such a husband.  He didn't understand why Marisela was so opposed to the idea.  She kept mumbling about love and how no one should be forced what was wrong with that woman?  Arranged marriages were common amoung Gypsy people their own had been arranged by thier parents.  Silly romantic ideas thats all!

That evening....

When Mia arrived she found her Mother and Jose Manuel Rani at the table waiting for her.  Father had not yet arrived from the stables.  She greeted them and apologized for being late.

"I'm so sorry if I had known we  had a guest I would have not been so tardy to dinner.  How are Jose Manuel?" she asked politely.

"My love Mia Jose Manuel is a special guest of your father tonight I tried to find you today to let you know about this special night but I didn't find you.  Jose Manuel is here to ask your father officially for your hand in marriage Mia."

Mia was stunned...Jose Manuel had never even looked at her before he was very popular with the gypsy ladies but word was he was only interested in his work and horses.  What was she going to do?  How could she let Jose Manuel down gently without making an unpleasant scene?  Also he was her fathers special guest??? What did that mean?? Did her father want her to marry Jose Manuel??  Her head was swimming and spinning and her throat dried up so that even if she had words to speak they would never come out of her mouth.

"Mia...I know we don't know each other very well.  I understand it will take time for you to accept me.  I would like to court you for as long as it takes for you to feel comfortable with me.  I promise I will be a kind and gentle husband to you.  I will do all in my power to give you all that you desire so you may live in the way you are acustomed to living." he said with a big smile.

Mia looked at Jose Manuels handsome face in shock.  She started to speak but just then Father returned from the stables and joined them at the table.  She looked at Father's face how could he?  How could he do this to her?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 12:10:55 pm by vickylougrl » Logged

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 02:34:23 pm »

Very cool, Vicky!  Not only a romance, but one with an untradtional setting.  It makes for an entertaining read.  I'm looking forward to the next chapter.  I know what you mean when you say you have a story you just need to get out of your system.  I have a couple of those, two.  They just tend to build and build, until you feel like you'll go crazy and burst, don't they?

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 03:21:00 pm »

LOL! yes once a story is under your skin you can only do one thing write it!  I have fixed my camera settings so hopefully my pictures will not look like oil paintings.  I want to update this soon as I can get some quiet time maybe tonight.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 12:58:58 am »

Chapter 2

Father washed his hands and sat down.  He was in good spirits I could tell by the expression on his face.  He looked at me and said "Mia today Jose Manuel has asked me for your hand in marriage and I have given my blessing for you to become his wife.  We will celebrate your engagement at the end of this week.  Jose Manuel is a good, hardworking man from a good family you are very lucky to be his wife my sweet daughter."  

Mother's expression was one of pain and apprehension.  I swallowed hard and looked at my Father and spoke the words that I knew would separate me from my family forever.

"Father....

I cannot marry Jose Manuel I do not love him!  I will not marry a man I do not love!  This is not old times Father!  You cannot force me to marry someone I do not love!

"Mia...Jose Manuel is a good man you will grow to love him just as your Mother and I did.  Our own marriage was arranged by our parents as well.  You must trust my judgement and accept Jose Manuel."

After swallowing hard and fighting back tears I stood up to Father.  "Father I cannot marry Jose Manuel!  He is a good man but my heart belongs to another man.  I cannot marry Jose Manuel loving someone else!"

At this point Father was visibly shaken "Who?  Who do you love Mia?  If you where in love why did this man not come and ask for my blessing?"

"Father he did not come and see you because we both knew you would never accept our union.  The man I love is Antonio Sabatino!  Would you bless our union Father?" I blurted out.

"NEVER!  NEVER MIA DO HEAR!"
"You of all people know how I feel about the Sabatino clan!  They are a blemish to all the families!  How could you Mia?  Do you enjoy breaking my heart in two?"  
Father was screaming now and his face had contorted in fury.  Mother was pleading with him to calm down.  Jose Manuel interupted Father with the next obvious fact.

"Don Jenaro I will not marry a woman who loves another man.  I have my pride!  Mia has made up her mind and I do not wish to force myself on her or any other woman.  I am sorry this night has ended so badly my king!"  With that Jose Manuel took his leave promising to keep quiet on the nights events until Father spoke to him tommorow.

Father and I argued for hours after that with Father finally telling me that if I would not end my relationship with Antonio I was banished from the family.  I begged and pleaded and in the end Father was unbending on this.  I had displeased him so much he never wanted to see me again or hear my name.
So with a broken heart I took one of Father's horses and left my Father's home.

It was the longest ride of my life.  It was the last time I saw my parents and sisters who I kissed goodbye while they slept.  My heart was broken yet I knew it was destiny that I leave my home in disgrace.  I only hoped Antonio was ready for this step because it had just been thrust upon us all in one night.

Part B to be continued.

Coptic Text

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 01:44:50 pm »

I have taken some more pictures for this story still need a few more.  Not that I think anybody is reading this...I will put up one more chapter to see if there is any interest in the story.  So if anybody is reading please give me some feedback.

Coptic Text

Laylita

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 04:20:38 pm »

reminds me of a spanish novela very nice

“ When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.”:clapp::tongue8:
If you want to see some cool content, checkout Laylitas creations
[/font][/color][/size]
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 12:02:25 am »

Thanks poet I was inspired by a Delia Fiallo novella called Peregrina.  I want to take the story in a little more supernatural area tho later on.

Coptic Text

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 09:12:13 am »

Vicky, I've been reading/commenting.  I think it's off to a great beginning - running away with your lover because you can't bear to be forced into marriage with a man you don't love - what's more tragically romantic than that?  I hope you decide to continue - I know it gets depressing when you don't think people are interested - I've struggled with that quite a bit with my own story.  I've thought about quitting several times.  But now you're saying a 'supernatural area' - I'm even more interested now, as I love supernatural tales.  So, don't give up just yet. Wink

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 09:51:01 am »

LOL!  Thanks Astral!  I been lazy I have to get back in and take some more pics to round up the next chapter.  I will finish this story even if it's just two or three reading just to finish it out.

Coptic Text

poeticsuicide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 06:29:02 pm »

I like this story...it's so different from the things you usually find. Smiley Keep going please! I love gypsies! Smiley

Where'd you find all the gypsy clothes, btw? They're beautiful!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 07:03:59 pm »

hi poet I think mts2 I found a few  gypsy costumes and did recolor some so my gypsy girls wouldn't have to wear the same thing over and over again.  I'm going to work on this tonight I had to do a reinstall so my ppl are a little discombobulated.

Coptic Text

Fercho

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 12:34:37 pm »

Ooooohhhh this story is great!!... loved your pics... and the fact the fisrt chapter was not in the same quality makes it look like it was on porpuse, like some kind of prologue, so it looks cool that way.

Your sims are all beautiful but Mia is gorgeous!!

bring it on Vicky!! Wink

Fercho´s  SPIDER TRAP
 - A psychological thriller with sims - RATED R
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 11:32:34 am »

Thanks Fercho!  I have finished my round in a contest I'm doing that is super super competitive and eliminations will happen after this round so now I will get to work on this.
My problem is I have wanted to take this story in like three directions and I for some stupid reason have not been able to make up my mind.

Coptic Text

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 12:07:42 pm »

Well, at least you have a direction to pick.  I often write not knowing where I'm going.  I have several stories that have never been finished.  I'm sure whichever you pick, the story will turn out well. Wink

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 11:01:38 am »

Finally decided on a direction which of course means all new picture taking of LOL!  I should have an update finally up soon.

Coptic Text

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: