Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 09:30:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen stuff  (Read 4173 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dachshundsr4me

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 11:07:53 pm »

I really do not think I am going to worry about buying Teen stuff pack. I do not feel the stuff packs give us much to worry about. I know I hardly use any content by the stuff packs. So what my questions are...1)how many of you are going to get this Teen stuff pack? 2)Why do you feel this will add to the game?

maniac19642003
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 11:50:50 pm »

I'm not getting this SP, I actually gave up on those after FFS as I don't think they offer much at all to the game except more crap that I'm not going to use in my houses so I haven't bought any more of them.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 02:06:55 am »

Well...I bought it, not because the rest of the sheeple were getting it, but because I actually had a desire to buy it - and it was just for the goth-themed outfits and objects alone.

Some of the meshes actually look decent, believe it or not! Well, that's my personal viewpoint anyway.

:blob6:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 07:58:27 pm »

Unfortunately, I am trapped into buying it and testing it to make certain there are not conflicts with the things I make as a custom content creator.  This invariably means bugs for players, and it is always a question of how can I duplicate their bug if I don't even have the SP *sigh*

...some days, I wish I had not gone legit and remained in the warez community. I detest giving my money to EA just so I can fix their buggy software's problems for the players who use my work.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Amber J. Jeanpierre

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 06:57:28 pm »

I will be getting it eventually because I want the goth stuff. Especially the bed or bedding that is shown in the EA pics.
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 06:07:46 pm »

I might get it.
Kew word is MIGHT get it.
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 08:39:45 am »

I'm kind of embarrassed for them with the way they handled the SecuRom/BV issue so I'm boycotting their products for a while, (saying that, I'll probably be getting five copies of the sp for Christmas now (-_-), just to piss me off)

AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 07:04:37 am »

I did buy it, but that's mainly because I don't allow myself to have CC anymore (with some small exceptions) , so I really want every piece of furniture and clothing (and especially hair!) that I can get my hands on. ^^

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Arialonomus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 01:31:37 pm »

I bought it, I first thought about not, after reading what BBB posted about it, but then I saw some other pics, and I can't say I LOVE it, but I am fairly atisfied with my purchase.

I would join the warez community again, but I always get a slew of viruses anytime I download from the only good sight I know of.

Science makes everything sound painful.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 12:21:30 pm »

I own it, and have to say I'm reasonably happy with it. Nice to see some choice for teens for once, and the goth outfits may well be growing on me :angel: I'm speaking as someone with tons of default replacements in my downloads here, but these clothes aren't that bad for a change!

No requests please
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 10:21:32 pm »

I am already known for being critical of EA's fashion sense, but honestly, maybe I was raised on another planet or something, because most of this stuff looks like it was inspired by the cartoons Beetlejuice and Totally Spies.  I spent some time looking at each item and honestly I think every item is flawed at some level, the skater/surf stuff has the most appeal to me, but I cannot imagine any of my acquaintance wanting any item in this mixed bag.

I spent three hours at EB Games this past Saturday and asked 84 actual teens who looked at Sims 2 stuff what they thought (only 82 finished the survey and their answers are presented here):

Does this look interesting to you?
yes: 4
no: 78

Do you think it is worth USD $19,99?
yes: 0
no: 82

Do you buy Stuff Packs?
yes: 11
no: 71

Do you think EA/Maxis shows any sense of taste in their designs?
yes: 17
no: 60
made vomit noises: 5

Do you "like" The Sims 2?
yes: 3
yes with custom content: 21
yes with custom content, hacks, and mods: 44
no:5
no, EA are liars or thieves: 9

Do you use any custom content by Marvine & Beosboxboy ?
yes: 71
no: 2
no, who's that? : 8
what's custom content? : 1

Do you think there is too much emphasis on female content in The Sims 2?
Yes: 71
No: 9
Are you really taking this info for a survey or are you some sort of child molester? : 2

Based on your experiences with The Sims 2, will you be interested in buying The Sims 3?
yes: 9
maybe: 34
only if there are sex animations: 11
no: 28

You said maybe, what would sway your decision in favour of buying TS3 (they were allowed to list more than one item)?
fewer software bugs: 34
more guy stuff: 30
more real life things to do: 27
real gay marriage: 19
sex animations: 13
better clothing: 11
EA performing oral sex on the person: 4
less stupid death $h!+: 1

Granted, 84 teens in an EB Games store doesn't give a basis to make an authorative data set; but I suspect it is a fair representation of the general sentiment of teens -- the "target market" of TS2 towards the game and EA.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: