Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:48:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: adoption question  (Read 1369 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Max24

junior deputy vice assistant

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 11:14:11 pm »

I have an "alternative lifestyle" couple, Ava and Bianca, who keep getting the adoption want.  The in-game hints indicate you should call the adoption people under the services option on the phone.  Problem is the only adoption option that comes up under services is pet adoption.  I'm pretty sure Ava and Bianca were wanting to confine the adoption to their own species despite their somewhat more open minded frame of reference.  Can anybody figure out why adoption isn't even listed as a call option for them?  Is there a same sex couple bias built into the game?  A glitch in my particular installation of the game?  A past misdeed by one of them that is disqualifying them for adoption?  If it makes any difference Ava was created as an adult and Bianca is a pre-packaged Sim who comes installed in the game (yes, THAT Bianca - Patrizio and Isabella are still adjusting).

Rest in peace Katie Ashton.  The world is a lesser place for your absence.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 02:41:30 pm »

I have always had my same sex couples "marry." Before the InSim and all of the preg hacks I would have my couples adopt. There is no reason why you can't have your couples "unite" if not actually marry. Once united they should be able to adopt.

Two Jeffs has a same sex marriage hack available at the InTeen Site. He also has a preg4all hack that would allow same sex couples (male or female) to have thier own children. TJ also has a hack that nukes the adoption want.

In my first ever TS2 neighborhood I had many adoptions. Caveat emptor! All of the children adopted were frighteningly fugly. I am talking about maybe 10 to 15 adoptions before TJ created the same sex hacks. The children were truly faces that only a parent could love!

If I were you I would have your same sex couple have their own children. It's safer and so much kinder for the children.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Max24

junior deputy vice assistant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:34:17 pm »

Quote from: jinyc;1023679
If I were you I would have your same sex couple have their own children. It's safer and so much kinder for the children.

LOL  That's hilarious!  I'll go look for the appropriate game hack.  The adult NPC's already crank up the homely quotient enough.  No sense throwing fuel on the fire.  Thanks for the tip.

Rest in peace Katie Ashton.  The world is a lesser place for your absence.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: