Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:02:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphic Problems  (Read 1406 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lula77

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2007, 04:30:40 pm »

I bought the expansion pack today! Everything seems to bee ok except for the graphic in it! I use the latest Nvidia Graphic card. Have made it so it can handle enything. Not quality but prestige.  The sims is kind of blurry and stripy and when you build houses it acts very strangely!
I have don pretty much everything.... Except taking of some hacks like wall hacks that I last time downloaded. Can someone tell me what is going on? Sad

The only reson I use this avatar. Is cause Antonio Torres is the sim hunk of my dreams.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:04:38 pm »

Try removing the hacks and see if that helps things. It's a good idea to remove your entire downloads folder before installing an ep and make sure it runs already before reintroducing them. Even still, I don't put any hacks back in until I'm sure they're either compatible or updated.

Also, try updating your drivers and see if that helps. Try taking a look through this post as well. It lists some known issues with Nvidia cards on both Vista and XP (since you didn't specify which you have). It starts about 1/4 of the way down the page.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 07:16:47 pm »

Nvidia cards are the sum of a headache to deal with these days, although you also maybe over working your video card. Try turning down the settings in graphic performance options while in game.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
kim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 08:23:19 pm »

I've had the same problem in graphic options you should have an edge smoother option set it to high and see if that helps

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 09:05:23 pm »

You know, the thing about BV that baffles me the most is that I have a system here with a new ATI X1900 that is the very devil with Bon Voyage no matter what I do, but my crappy 3 year old system with an Nvidia 5200 runs it flawlessly at the very highest settings.

All things considered, I think my own advice here is bourne out: use a stable card with proven reliability and performance over the latest cutting edge things... but God alone knows when it will go crazy on me.  I am waiting for it to stop working altogether on the crappy system.  Sometimes, I wonder if the gods of computers are as perverse as I think they are.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: