Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 08:45:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Avelonia Brown - Updated with Parts I-IV (11/15/07)  (Read 8739 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2007, 07:28:00 pm »

This is my first story so be gentle:D

Here is a preview of the story...

I will post part 1 later tonight:D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:52:27 am by SolidGoldFunk » Logged

Franky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:29:25 am »

Bravo! I'll definitely follow this story. I love how you created the hardcover. The #1 Best Seller really sells it. Can't wait to read more.
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:51:53 am »

Ha, thanks Franky... I'm working on the pictures as we speak... I hope I won't disappoint people:lol:

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 12:18:33 pm »

Hey, SolidGoldFunk - glad to see you hanging out in the story section.  Your story sounds great, and with your ability to take good pictures and the gripping storyline you've already introduced - I bet it will be a success!  Looking forward to chapter 1.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 12:27:20 pm »

Oh boy a story!  I can't wait to read it SolidGold!  Cheesy

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 12:37:14 pm »

Thanks:D I'm uploading the pictures now on photobucket. I hope you guys like it:D

Like I said, it's my first story so be gentle:)

SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 12:43:49 pm »

My name is Avelonia Brown and I want to tell my story. I’m 32 years old and I’m just getting out of an abusive relationship. I don’t want or need your sympathy. All I need is for you to listen and hopefully learn.

Me when I was a kid...

A crime scene photo of my mother... my grandmother stole it from the station.

I’ve always had it hard. I remember when I was 6, my mother was strangled by a John and I was sent to live with my grandmother. My grandmother always resented me. I am an only child and I’m half Japanese and half black. My grandmother was a miserable old lady and she took it out on me. She called me every name you can think of. Once, I went to take the garbage out to the dumpster and she claimed to have looked all over for me. Needless to say I got in trouble. She made me stand in the kitchen doorway with my back turned while she heated up the oven. Next thing I know a hot hanger was being pressed against my forearm. She grabbed my hair and told me, “you better not move or you’ll get something worse.” I closed my eyes and tried to hold back the tears. When I couldn’t take it anymore I let out a loud scream. She didn’t like that at all! She took the hanger away from my arm and slammed me up against the wall.
    I still have the scar on the back of my head.

After too many unfortunate events, I was put into foster care. I had to go to school with a black eye one day and that was the end of that part of my life.

When I turned,  16 I ran away from the group home I was in. Every foster family that I had had given me back for one reason or another. So, from 9-16, I lived in a group home. I didn’t know what I was going to do when I left but I had to leave. I left the lovely, Glenmont Group Home in the middle of the night on my 16th birthday. I climbed out of the window and as soon as I did, the cold February air burned my skin. I didn’t own a coat so I began to wonder if I should do it or not. My mind wandered back to when I was 9 years old….

I had just gotten back from my last foster family when a tall white man approached me. He knelt down and took my plastic bag of clothes. He touched my shoulder and said, “everything will be alright.” He had a kindness in his eyes that I’ve never seen. At that moment, I felt that I could trust him and I smiled for the first time in many years.

Later that night, I was in my bunk bed when I felt heavy breathing on my face. It was the tall white man again. I cannot recall his name and that’s probably for the best. He gently touched my forehead and told me to come with him.

I got up and followed him into a dark room on the third floor. When my eyes finally adjusted, I noticed that we were in the game room. Before I could say anything he covered my mouth and threw me on the filthy couch….

Tears rolled down my face. Before I knew it, I was out of the window and walking in the snow.  I couldn’t think about that now. I was on my way to a new life.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 12:48:52 pm by SolidGoldFunk » Logged

erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 12:50:46 pm »

Sad  Wow, what a sad terrible beginning.  Not your writing, but the story itself.  I certainly hope that Avelonia finds hope somewhere.

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 12:52:09 pm »

Yeah, she had it hard. I'm hoping she'll find hope too.Sad

Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 05:41:01 pm »

wow very sad and amazing please continue

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 08:15:13 pm »

Thank you ShiningStarSim. Hopefully I will have the pictures ready tomorrow. I'm already up to 4 pages in MS Word and 4 Different parts:D

SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 03:52:50 am »

Part II

I had never been outside the group home walls alone so I had no idea where I was going. I walked for what seemed like hours in the freezing cold, with nothing but the clothes on  my back. I couldn’t bear another second out here. Finally, I came upon a small bar and went in for warmth. I sat at the counter and asked if they had coffee. I didn’t really drink coffee, but I thought it would warm me up. The bartender looked at me confused and asked, “are you alright hun?” I just shivered and looked down. She walked away and I could see her out of the corner of my eye talking to a guy in a suit and looking back at me. I started to get up and leave when the man came over to me. He looked at me just as the waitress had. He said, “how old are you?” I told him I was 23 because I didn’t want him to ask me anything else. I don’t think he believed me but he gave me a coat and a number to a homeless shelter. He offered me a free meal and I gladly accepted. I ate my rice and chicken and left without a sound.

I looked around and saw that I was on 15th Street. I hugged myself to absorb my new found warmth. I needed a place to stay but I didn’t want to stay in a homeless shelter. How could that be any better? Finally, I came across an abandoned building and there were bums sleeping everywhere around a fire. I walked over and took a seat next to one of them. I placed my hands over the fire and absorbed the good heat. I got up from the fire and walked to a dirty mattress. I dragged it close to the fire and slept.

I was awaken about 5 hours later by a violent cold breeze against my feet. Someone had stolen my sneakers. I cried until I had no more tears. I had completely lost track of time and I huddled under my coat waiting for people to come to start the fire. It started getting dark and no one came.

I planted my feet in the cold wet snow and decided to walk to the nearest shelter I could find. Preferably, a place with heat. I walked about 5 blocks before I came to a gorgeous house. I wondered, why couldn’t that be me? I walked slowly to the window and peered inside. There was a family of 4 sitting around a fireplace watching a movie. I don’t remember what the movie was. I wondered if I should sneak through the window or just knock. I caught a glimpse of myself in the window and realized that I had snot frozen to my mouth and nose. At some point, my mouth had started bleeding. My lip had been swollen from the last beating I had gotten in the group home. At that point, I decided to knock.

A tall black woman answered the door. I asked her if I could come inside and shower and sleep. She looked at me as if I had lost my mind. At first I thought she couldn’t understand me, after all, I did speak broken English. I didn’t get very far in school. I dropped out in the 8th grade and never looked back. I said, “ain’t you gonna let me in?” She called John to the door. He must have been her husband. John gave me one look and told his wife to get away from the door. I couldn’t believe they were just going to leave me out here with no shoes and this stuff on my face. The door slammed before I had a chance to beg.

My feet were completely numb and started turning purple. I started down the steps of the porch and passed out from the severe cold.

Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 12:25:52 pm »

aww poor Avelonia I can't believe they didn't even let her in...for shame I hope someone helps her

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 03:51:16 am »

Yeah ShiningStarSim. She's a strong girl though;)

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 01:56:05 pm »

Wow!  This is really great stuff.  You do a good job of generating sympathy for your character.  I really feel for her, and care about what happens to her.  Nice work.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: