Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 07:42:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with Sims 2 Deluxe  (Read 1477 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katze Softpaw

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2007, 03:34:44 pm »

When I put in Sims two Deluxe to install it on our new computer, nothing comes up. Our computer doesn't even reconize that it's in the drive! Has anyone else ever had this issue?
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 10:01:08 pm »

Did you try right click on your cd/dvd drive and then open instead of autorun?
You may unintentionally have changed the settings for autorun (some people - like me - do it intentionally, cos I don't care much for windows popping up in my face when I change the cd/dvd while I'm busy doing something else).
And does the drive open a window when you put in a different cd?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 08:11:59 am »

As stated by Wikipedia:

The Sims 2 and most of its subsequent add-ons have previously been using Safedisk for copy protection until April 2007. However, since then, Electronic Arts has replaced Safedisk with SecuROM v 7.x software protection, which is included with The Sims Pet Stories, The Sims 2 Deluxe, The Sims 2: H&M Fashion Stuff and The Sims 2: Bon Voyage. Some users have been reporting problems with launching the game, CD-burners or anti-virus protection, due to SecuROM. EA attempted to address some of these concerns on the official website. They instructed users on how to remove the software from their computers.[5] Users who asked about the removal of SecuROM were recommended to not do so, since it can affect the functioning of The Sims 2: Bon Voyage and other EA games that use SecuROM.[6]

I fear that this might be the problem, because I just had a conversation with someone else who is experiencing the same exact thing you are, Katze...

(Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but it is a major public concern with EA integrity at the moment.  Sad  I didn't think Deluxe had it on there until I read about it again...)

Katze Softpaw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 09:26:51 pm »

It suck's if it's a SecuROM problem, whick I think is more likely, which means I'm going to have to search around the EA website. Hopefully it's what Wednesday17 sugested, about my settings being off.
It works when I put in the Sims 2 Demo that I beleive came with Makin' Magic from the Sims one. When I put in "Mall Tycoon" it pops up automaticly as well. I'll figure it out... somehow. =P
Katze Softpaw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 09:59:37 pm »

Alright, I just went to EA and read about "SecuROM" and I don't think that is it, unless it was already downloaded with "Mall Tycoon", which I doubt. I also tried the whole "open" thing, and it did not work. It still says that there is no disk in either of the drives. =(
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: