Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 04:09:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to use D/L skins and eyes  (Read 1525 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ktggoodnight

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2007, 11:34:58 pm »

i have tried to find this answer- but it eludes me somehow.......

Okay so i found myself some beatiful eyes and skin- got the files- but my computer cant read them and i have no idea what to do with them to make them work....

the D/L files look like - name.package with a old window style window on a white background piece of paper as its icon and when i double click i get note pad with gibberish stuff on it.

they arnt replacement defults- just some nice extras...

PLEASE HELP! as i want to have a multicoloured neighbourhood lol....

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 03:54:46 am »

Either your computer may not recognise the file, or the file might be currupted, which is a common problem. Depending on your configuration, either right click on the file and select properties or "open file with". If you have SimPe installed, try and select the icon for SimPe for the file to be opened with, then choose apply.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 08:00:14 am »

yeah i tried using the internet to see what i could open the file with and it came back with zilch.....

and it just wont open with anything else- dont have simPe as i am worried what it might do to my computer.

well i spose i just have to wait till someone uses it on a custom sim and then makes it available for DL

thank you so much for trying to help me *SMILE*

[/COLOR]
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 06:08:56 pm »

Ktggoodnight, you shouldnt use the internet to open a sim file, also SimPe will not harm your computer in any way. What it can do is recognise sim files, edit, build etc. Just make sure that you have the right version installed for it to work correctly.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 06:16:44 pm »

That's actually the file that has to go straight into your Downloads folder. Put them right into My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads, and they'll show up. All that gibberish you see when you open them with notepad is the programming code.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 06:29:38 pm »

DecoraChoi- thank you - its just i have heard many horror stories and my laptop is slow enough LOL! without it actually going as slow as a dead laptop. anyway i am sure you are right- but since i am seriously new to downloading stuff i am trying to keep it as simple as possible- but i know one day .... i will be looking for more complex things to do with my sims and be dying to upload stuff here.

caffeinated.joy- thank you- i have hopefully just extracted them into the Downloader as you said- and hopefully now we should have lift off!

[/COLOR]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: