Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:51:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: From the Anita Blake Series...Anita and Damien *news* post 39  (Read 16943 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2007, 12:29:09 am »

Hello! I took a page from Violet placebo's book, and decided to make some of my favorite charactors from the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton.

First is Anita herself...from 'Guilty Pleasures':
"My hair was made to order for the outfit, black curing just over the shoulders of the red blouse.  The solid, nearly black-brown of my eyes matches the hair. Only the skin stands out, too pale, Germanic against the Latin darkness."

Don't let that pretty face fool you, Anita is tough as nails!

and Damien....from 'Incubus Dreams':
"One of them was standing across the kitchen staring at me with eyes the color of green grass....The only thing that was probably move vibrant was his hair. Red hair that hadn't seen the sun for hundreds of years, so that it was almost the color of fresh blood, a bright fresh scarlet....Or maybe it was the quality of his paleness, like skin had been formed of white marble, and some demon or god has breathed life into that paleness."

I luv Damien.  There was a reason I made him first...LOL

Damien and Anita come in Maxis clothes.  I included the hair meshes and colors, becuase they're hard to find on your own, I'm not even sure I could find them.  They were FREE, though, so no worries.

* AnitaMean.jpg (186.7 KB, 600x554 - viewed 16712 times.)

* AnitaPretty.jpg (294.59 KB, 607x743 - viewed 2833 times.)

* AnitaStats.jpg (82.58 KB, 381x319 - viewed 2739 times.)

* DamienProf.jpg (112.86 KB, 393x600 - viewed 2792 times.)

* Damien's Stats.jpg (79.7 KB, 386x322 - viewed 2702 times.)

* DamienAww.jpg (158.81 KB, 488x573 - viewed 2866 times.)
* Damien.zip (4692.22 KB - downloaded 825 times.)
* Anita Blake.zip (1813.43 KB - downloaded 1218 times.)
Nakea
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 10:20:48 am »

Oh my god - they're awesome!!!

Thanks a lot for sharing them!

Nakea
PS: Love the books as well
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 02:15:06 pm »

Thank you! I did a gorgeous Jean-Claude last night.  He'll be next, but I need to make one more for his partner.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 02:34:10 pm »

Nice Job

Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 05:14:26 pm »

They are so perfect, Brenda!!!!

I used to be Nyxie
riverofjazz
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 05:26:30 pm »

One of my favorite series its great to see some of the characters come to sim life.
I love your interpretations of them, Brenda.

Real Sims Blvd Will be closing at the end of Dec. TBA where all future files will be shared
Real Sims 2
GIMP  Photo Skinning Tut
Ruthless

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 06:26:01 pm »

They are beautiful!
And honestly it makes me want to read the books faster.
Thanks, you did a great job on Anita!
Violet_Placebo
Dandy Brandian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 07:20:56 pm »

Beautiful work! Anita looks how I imagined her and Damian is gorgeous. Can't wait for more now I can have a Laurell K Hamilton neighbourhood to play with.
My favs are Micah & Jean Claude, I look forward to seeing them if you plan on making them. Have you ever read the book Micah by Laurell? It's got a pretty hot scene or two.

BTW- I'm pretty sure I saw a Asher on the exchange that has burnt skin if you are looking for a skintone to alter etc.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:26:16 pm by Violet_Placebo » Logged

"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave."
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 08:09:12 pm »

ROFL  I am looking for a burned/badly scarred skin.  Thanks! And I have Jean-Claude ready, and I am making Nathaniel as his partner...because RAWR here kitty, kitty, kitty! LOL Thanks for Damien, I wasn't sure anyone would enjoy my 'vision' of him, but he is my favorite, and I just SEE him as Rock-Fabulous! LOL

Also, yes! I have read all the Anita Blake up to Harlequin.  Haven't decided to buy that one yet. (Hardbacks seem to get ruined at chez moi...LOL)

To see previews of Jean-Claude
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 08:13:11 pm by brendabond » Logged
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 08:43:12 pm »

Oh! I love the Anita Blake books! And she looks just like the comic book version too!
Thanks much!
~dizi

* Anita Blake.jpg (193.3 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 1300 times.)

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
DBell5310

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 09:37:05 pm »

Thank you so much for creating in the Anita Blake world.  Anita looks just as I thought she would look like and Damien is hot!!
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 10:52:34 pm »

YAY! Anita! Cheesy

Will you make Nathanial and Jean Claude as well? And Richard? Mica? LOL

I'd love all of them!!

The books are a constant source of inspiration to me as a writer, and these guys are going straight into my game when I play tomorrow!! Cheesy

EDIT: I just got so excited I didn't read the rest of the posts. I CANNOT WAIT for Jean Claude and Nathaniel, they're my fave characters... My boys Cov and Nico will have more playmates Cheesy

And I'm going to make Harry Dresden and his Brother Thomas tomorrow, they're the guys from the  Jim Butcher books. I'm reading one at the mo, and I'm hooked! xD

Oohh, what about Jason, JC's pomme de-I can't remember the rest of it, I always thought he'd be a cute sim! Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 10:56:44 pm by Skeleton » Logged

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 12:04:57 am »

Pomme de sang, apple of the blood...yeah, I like Jason, but Wicked and Truth are after JC and Nathaniel.  Promises, promises! LOL I was SOOO sad I couldn't have Nico, he is HOT!  LOL
as a matter of fact, I have the next two ready, I just need to grab some in game pics. Smiley
Violet_Placebo
Dandy Brandian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 12:06:01 am »

Quote from: brendabond;1026379
ROFL  I am looking for a burned/badly scarred skin.  Thanks! And I have Jean-Claude ready, and I am making Nathaniel as his partner...because RAWR here kitty, kitty, kitty! LOL Thanks for Damien, I wasn't sure anyone would enjoy my 'vision' of him, but he is my favorite, and I just SEE him as Rock-Fabulous! LOL

Also, yes! I have read all the Anita Blake up to Harlequin.  Haven't decided to buy that one yet. (Hardbacks seem to get ruined at chez moi...LOL)

To see previews of Jean-Claude

lol, that's a shocker that skin. I also found this one
I made an Asher ages ago that was perfect with a skin I altered but lost all my sims when my computer blew...oh well.
I've read them all cos i'm such an Anita freak, had to buy Harlequin off ebay. I don't even wanna know how much money i've spent on books this year. But i've been pregnant so I needed something to do since my computer was busted and I quit work, I even bought most of the comics i'm such a nerd. Your JC looks hot, Wicked and Truth would be a great addition.
Can't wait for more, I made most of them today so that I can get started playing, but i'll use yours i'm sure. I think i've changed my mind about my fav, Nathaniel is a cutie... Meow:tongue8:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:10:47 am by Violet_Placebo » Logged

"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave."
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 12:10:04 am »

I made one using the same skin I used for Jean-Claude, I think you'll like it, I have to test it in game, before I make any final decisions, though.  And god, I know! I have been broke as hell, and I blame you for getting me stuck on the Merry Gentry series. Smiley  LOL
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: