Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 10:54:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Put Baby in a Corner... Just the Floor  (Read 1220 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2007, 07:46:38 pm »

How do I put the floor down on a sectioned part (IE: half a square)? I downloaded a custom lot and can't remember where to ask the creator. Thank you for any help! The circles are where I am trying to put down the floor. Let me know if I need to make a clearer photo. Thanks again!

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:08:29 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:00:18 pm »

I see what you are talking about. If I have problems laying a floor tile, first I check under the foundation for an item placed there, or halfway placed under the foundation. Sometimes it could be the windows. Delete the windows and see if that helps. If its clear, then I move the landscape in front of the area and extend the foundation a couple of squares in front of the building, then place the floor tiles. After that delete the extended foundation, taking care not to go beyond the original floorplan. If that doesn't work, then you may have to delete the walls and place the floor tile, then replace the walls and trim all the excess floor tile from the replaced wall area.
Usually, if I build a lot or download a lot with that type of wall shape, and I want to replace the floors, I don't delete all of the original flooring under or over window areas, they tend to act funny.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: