Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 09:19:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing the Music?  (Read 1936 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ThexVillain

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2007, 01:20:01 pm »

Is there a way you can have it so you can add your own music to the game? Because honestly the game would be 10x more enjoyable if I could hear my own music instead of some of the crappy Maxis music lol.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 08:48:59 pm »

Yes. In EA Games\The Sims 2\Music you find all the folders for the different kinds of music in buy/build, cas, stereo and wallspeakers. In every folder there is a file 'settings'. Leave that alone and just add your own mp3's. And in game in the audio options you can choose which files to play (uncheck the default songs).

But if you experience game crashes, be advised to look into those folders if any of the music files are corruped. My game kept crashing after a few minutes in CAS (felt very much like overheating graphics) for a very long time until I finally figured out that one mp3 was corrupted. I don't say that custom music breaks your game, I just want you to be aware that mp3's can break and the game can't handle that. Until you take it out, no permanent damage to the game.

I wish you lots of fun with your 10 times better game. Cheesy
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 10:30:08 pm »

there is one downside to this, on systems with lower system resources or an iffy audio card having too many MP3s in the music folders can result in sluggish performance or even crashing.  Keep in mind all MP3s are not created equal, some use an encoding format or have extended data that may cause issues, so move cautiously before you add 30 GB of MP3s to your game's music folders.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 11:05:23 pm »

I love having music in my game, Never had problems wit my music in the game it's self.

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 12:28:31 am »

same here geezy. can't play without it. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 02:08:38 am »

Yeah I agree with Beosboxboy, if you don't have a lot of space this can cause game lag. So I'm careful. I have music everywhere but just enough that my system can handle. Getting rid of the standard music is a must. Also if you are in buy/build mode you can skip to the next song by simply going to the save/exit(...) area then return to the buy/build section. You don't have to actually exit or save the game. Just go there and then go back.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: