Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:25:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Lots Probably Crashing My Game! I Broke It..  (Read 1796 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dobydog

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2007, 04:09:34 pm »

I downloaded some community lots, installed them with Sims2 Package Installer, and now they're in my game forever. It crashed when the game was loading the first time, the second time it crashed while a family was loading. I downloaded off of MTS2. Is there a way to take back buildings to make my game work again? Sad I just had my game on before I installed the lots, so it has to be something about the lots..

edit: It just happened again when another family in another neighborhood was loading. *scream*
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 04:27:08 pm by dobydog » Logged

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 06:52:28 pm »

Doby, you may a house that has an EP you dont have or corrupted. Even if you use package installer, some thing can still be unidentified and left in. I know that if you even try deleting houses from the neighborhood view, they still crash.

You can either delete that whole neighborhood and start from scratch OR keep your neighborhood you can try and remove the houses from the lot catalog through this shortcut:

"My documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Lot Catalog"

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 12:14:57 am »

If you cannot delete the lot from within the lot bin, indeed the place to look is in the lot catalog folder.  The newest one you add should be the latest in number but just to make sure you remove the right one, sort the file by dates.  You should be able to bulldozze the lot though if you place it in your neighborhood.

You can also take a peek in your teleport folder if some files are not stuck in there, if so, delete them.

Sims can be install with the clean installer weither you have the ep or not.  For houses, you must have the ep the person use to install it or one more recent.  If not, it will crash your game.
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 08:48:05 am »

I don't know why it was doing that. It seemed to stop for a while. If it starts crashing again, I'll do what you guys said. Thanks for giving me suggestions on what to do. Smiley

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: