Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:43:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coming to a theatre near u! (sims movie)  (Read 4387 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2007, 12:04:19 pm »

All apologies if a topic on the subject has been made or stickied or whatever, but I read something interesting on wikipedia.

The Sims (working title) is a film currently in preproduction. The film will be live action.[11]
 On May 25, 2007, it was announced that The Sims film rights had been purchased by 20th Century Fox.[12] Not much is known yet about the upcoming film. However, it has been noted that the movie will be live action. It will be written by Brian Lynch, the man responsible for writing the Angel: After The Fall Comics and writing/directing the 1999 film Big Helium Dog. The film will be produced by John Davis, responsible for films such as Norbit and Eragon.[13]

Now I thought that the whole idea was like... well- there are people with the last name of Sims in the world; this could be a different movie.  Nope. Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSN2519868120070528

Once again, all apologies if this has been made before; feel free to delete or merge by all means, but I honestly want to know what people think about the idea of a live-action movie based on The Sims.

Sigs are for smokers.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 01:10:39 pm »

bluh - i have seen this information before, but it deserves another mention if for no other reason than to prevent people from making the mistake of viewing it.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 02:06:53 pm »

LOL! ^^ Aww give it a chance?

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 02:34:17 pm »

great

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 03:37:39 am »

Yeah, this has been mentioned before. Sounds like a Truman Show rip-off using names from the Sims Tongue In fact, from what I remember of the synopsis, they haven't even done their homework properly. If they did, they wouldn't describe Pleasantview as "ideal", with "the husbands going off to work, the wives stay at home". Try telling Brandi(?) Broke it's ideal Wink (I don't play Pleasantview so I can't remember who's who, but I'm familiar enough with the stories to know it's anything but perfect).

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 06:55:38 am »

My soul just died a little more. I'm really dreading the release. Unlike those countless stupid horror movies I keep saying I won't go see, but actually do, I won't be wasting my money or anyone elses. If it turns out to be good....I'll just netflix it.
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 07:46:44 am »

Is it in Simlish, with subtitles?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 09:13:58 am »

^^  :rofl:  I hope so.  I'd actually go and waste my money just to see that!  :laugh:

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 10:03:24 am »

i wonder who will play the role of brandi broke dustin broke beau broke mortimer goth alexender goth cassandra goth the caliente sisters don lothorio the curious brothers e.c.t Huh?

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 05:33:25 pm »

I'm going to waste my money to see this when it comes out on DVD.  Borrow it from a video rental place and go home to see just how it turns out.

Regardless of what everyone else says about it.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 02:36:22 am »

i wanna know what the treatment would be... would there be an invisible "player" who controls everything? that would be funny and interesting tho.

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 07:09:27 am »

They're still being really tight-lipped about the whole thing. No one's really said what the movie is supposed to be about. For a while, when I braved the BBS, people were posting links to a "trailer," but the only thing that had to do with the sims was nothing. It did look like a cool movie, though.
tallsimsfan77

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 11:40:40 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1027105
bluh - i have seen this information before, but it deserves another mention if for no other reason than to prevent people from making the mistake of viewing it.

And I believe that makes me fail at interwebs.  Darn my lack of activity on inSIM. Sad

And lol- it would probably turn out bad, wouldn't it?

Sigs are for smokers.
goody-goody

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 08:26:02 am »

I'm not sure wether to see it or not... I'll see when it comes back

though there hasn't been new information on this movie for a long time... not sure wether they're still doing it...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 08:28:19 am by goody-goody » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: