Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:07:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphic Bug  (Read 1985 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SVT

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2007, 03:11:36 pm »

I was about sending a screenshot to show you the problem i had, and that made me appear a new one...:sad4:
Okay, first. Few days ago started to appear on various sims some kind of blue shapes -seems to be jewels and glasses locations. I thought it was because a "bellydance" hacked object (from mts2, if i remember). I deleted the objects i supposed to be the origin, but it didn't change anything. Now my sims walk with those strange blue shapes dancing around their faces. How funny to see those stuff stay out of hot tub, quietly waiting the sim to leave and re-follow him...

Next. As i said, i took screenshots of the problem. But it seems the game only keeps the last screenshot taken! Or am i seaching my pictures in the wrong folder?

So if someone has answers... you'll be welcome!:happy8:

:stop:SECUROM MUST BE DESTROYED:stop:
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 03:43:42 pm »

i think its your graphics card! what memory is your graphics card? (e.g. 128mb, 256mb) and how much RAM do you have? (you can find this out by typing dxdiag into the run box located on your start menu. And what games do you have installed?

Char
xxx

DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:10:05 pm »

Not only may it be your graphics card,flashing blue on a sim can also indicate missing meshes. Did you accidently delete some files recently and what ep's do you currently have installed? The belly dance is a hack from a radio containing new animations, which isnt attached to a sim.

Pictures are located in:
"My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001 or N002..?(which ever neighborhood your played)\Stoytelling..." or depending on the lowest ep you have maybe, "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling"

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
Lupusdragon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 11:15:06 pm »

These two causes are possible.  A third option... did you just install a new expansion pack?  I had a similar problem when I installed Seasons.  If I used a mirror to change appearance on the sims, the accessories displayed correctly while I was on the lot.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 12:00:29 am »

SVT, Lupusdragon has the right idea.  Sometimes the face file of a sim in-game becomes confused. for some reason the textures and the accessories get out of sync and float in space somewhere near the head (but not quite where they belong) as bright blue shapes.  There are a few things that can cause this: installing a new EP (Pets and later), changing a sim's age or height with a cheat or hacked object, normal game bugginess.

Usually you can correct this, as Lupusdragon says, by using a mirror to "change appearance", changing one then and undoing the change is enough to correct it.  In some extreme cases you may have no choice but to remove all accessories/glasses/jewellery exit the lot, re-enter the lot and re-apply the accessories/glasses/jewellery.

Just keep in mind some later EPs have subtle differences from earlier EPs, so some things may not work in a new EP that have always worked for you in the past.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
SVT

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 06:26:17 pm »

Thanks for your replies, i'll try this!

:stop:SECUROM MUST BE DESTROYED:stop:
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 05:37:23 pm »

Now my sims walk with those strange blue shapes dancing around their faces. How funny to see those stuff stay out of hot tub, quietly waiting the sim to leave and re-follow him...

My guess is the broken Accessories. I would guess you have accessories on those sims. I dont know about your game setup but thats my guess.
I have tried everything to get them to work. Moved the items to saved sims folder and tried them subfoldered with meshes in DL folder. Even thought I found updated versions for BV but nothing works so far.
EA needs to fix this honestly. I have been hoping they would but sadly I am considering getting rid of them all.
Have your sim go to the mirror and get rid of those accessories. Sorry most of them cannot be used now. I think this problem has been happening since seasons in preparation of BV Accessories only EA'S can be used without the problem.

It Stinks. I hope this helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: