Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:01:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Castaway Stories pics  (Read 7597 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 10:00:03 am »

I also have PS 2 Castaway game, and like mvenatta, I was let down with some aspects of the console game. While the game is entertaining in alot of ways, there is very little to be had in the interpersonal interactions. I had more trouble interacting with another Sim, and when the Sim joins my Sim's tribe, I couldn't switch to that newly joined Sim.

I will give this PC version a try.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
mvenatta

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 06:02:03 pm »

Chaavik, have you tried holding down on the L2 button?  On my game this brings up all sims on that lot, then use the directional buttons to select the sim.  This only works if the sim is on the lot at that time.  I hope this helps.
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 05:39:47 pm »

This is the only "stories" one I have wanted to get, for the PC of course lol. I just think I have got the sims main game, I can make stories on there lol. Oh and of course the reason if I put any other sims stuff onto my comp its gona explode Cheesy

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
Wishings
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 04:57:28 am »

I'm a bit upset I liked the idea so I bought it. I played the story mode for a bit liked it, but got bored so decided to try freeplay mode. When I went to freeplay mode there is like 3 lots that are to place sims on the rest are community lots. Hardly anything at all Then when I finished the main girl's story there was all these sims and a whole bunch of lots. So I thought cool okay this is a better neighborhood great! ALL of them were community lots and the ones that weren't were already taken by villagers and other premades. So I would've liked it better if they allowed you to create your own lots or at least have some control or give you a lot of lots to start out on. All in all I was a bit disappointed.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 10:19:18 pm »

I just got the castways pc game also, and i'm disappointed too...the role play was fun and i finished it with the guy he married one of the tribe girls and they had a baby...well the last home he moved into is where they r....i went to the neighborhood view cuz i wanted to move them and have a existing lot or blank one to do this....like wishings said above...there is only community lots and like four home lots which r already occupied by sims in the game....so u either have to move them out and then move in or move in with them....Huh?? i went to the yahoo site and asked if there was a way to get more lots but nobody has answered me yet...so waiting to find out if u can from someone....otherwise i wish i hadn't spent the 30.00 to get this game...

BEV
richdre

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 09:14:15 am »

YOu can use SimPE to change the lot zoning.  I did this and have been playing for several days with no problems. Back up your files before you start. If you need instructions on how to do this I posted a message on Yahoo with instructions.
Hothnogg

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 08:38:41 am »

I wonder if its possible to rip the water files from castaways and put them in sims2, because its way way better reflection etc, some realy stunning lots and a beautiful waterfall.
Hothnogg

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 09:11:50 am »

Just a couple pics of the water and i love the new plane to play in Smiley
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:24:51 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 07:55:32 am »

A lot of things look more realistic in it to me. My son thinks the graphics are better on the PS. I like the ones on the PC. I'm still playing in story mode right now. So can't really do too much with the Sim except follow the storyline. But my Orangutan is living with me and we're having a great time. Wink

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 07:42:02 am »

Quote from: richdre;1126900
YOu can use SimPE to change the lot zoning.  I did this and have been playing for several days with no problems. Back up your files before you start. If you need instructions on how to do this I posted a message on Yahoo with instructions.

I saw your post over at the yahoo board and followed it and am greatful for your help.  I don't think the game would be as rich as it without being able to play on the lots.  Thank you!

Here are a few of my conversions:

This is the jungle

Simian City

House of Tuzu

The Forbidden City

Creepy Hollow

Castaway Beach

Barren Banks

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: