Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 07:06:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant play Sims :(  (Read 1112 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Kitty!

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2007, 09:37:12 am »

I disconnected my internet for a while because i need to find a cheaper internet, so right now im at my sisters house because i need help and i dont know what else to do.  Last night I bought a New power supply for my comp.  we had it installed, the comp is working as normal as usual, but this morning i tried to play BV and the launcher comes up, i click play, then nothing happens.  The game wont load at all.  I have tried about 50 times.  My other games load perfectly fine, except for the sims 2.  I dont think it has to do with the fact i dont have internet anymore... right?  Im 100% we installed the power supply correctly, weve been building comps for a long time.  Any help will be apreciated.  Thx
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:23:45 am »

Bon Voyage has SecuRom on it, which is a controversial anti-piracy program.  There have been many cases of it preventing either the game from running at all, or going as far as to disable transfer ports/devices/programs on the computer (i.e. USB ports, CD drives, burning software, etc.)  It's a possibility that's what's going on with your computer.  

I'm sure that you can find some more info on MATY  about it (mainly in this post), and also by doing a search for "SecuRom".  They do have a method on how to get rid of it, but the only drawback is that you won't be able to play the BV expansion, or any other game that has SecuRom included with it... :angel:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: