Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:23:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Huh?  (Read 3854 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Shastania

View Profile WWW
« on: November 15, 2007, 03:52:33 pm »

Hey, all.
I've been trying to access the sims2 Mod Board website but it keeps leading me to a page statin the domain name is for sale. Even the links I follow from  the Sims2Wiki pages appear to be invalid or incorrect.
Is the site down? Relocated? Moved?
If anyone has any info, I'd love it as I'm currently re-downloading most of CC following a Pc reformat.
adalita

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 03:55:28 pm »

It happened to me  yesterday??

3rd place in Siblings-Love Or Hate Contest with Alyssa and Aimee Sacchi!
1st place in A Family Christmas with The Pearcy Family
Adalita's SIMS Come and check out my sims and their houses!
Check out my work in Living Sims Magazine HERE
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 04:59:21 pm »

You mean pc-sims.de/SMB? It's down, gone forever I'm afraid Sad All the downloads are now at http://files.sims2graveyard.com/pcsims_smb/

I know, it's a great shame. Apparently something to do with former members causing trouble, sponsers abandoning them and their chief modder Katy leaving (all down to the same troublemakers ¬_¬).

No requests please
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 05:00:47 pm »

... Sadie beat me to it.  Cheesy

Actually, from what I hear about the "troublemakers", it was the reverse... meaning it was from the administration, not the talent.  I don't know all the details, but someone did mention "paranoia" at one point... :dontknow:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 05:03:14 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Shastania

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 09:43:36 pm »

That's a darn shame. That site was great for getting all sorts of weird things.
Still, at least the graveyard's still hosting the content...
what sort of 'paranoia' do you speak of? Where they worried Maxoids were spying on them?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 11:11:57 pm »

^^ Nope... not them.  I think it was some of their former resident creators they took the time to make a 'blacklist' for... those of whom I still stand behind, because I know they're innocent.  

(Besides, after seeing Katy_76's hissy-fit on MTS2, I definitely had my doubts on the owner's side of the issue.  It was getting crazier around there on SMB anyways... "thank you" posts were getting labeled as 'spam', and after reading about that, I was too afraid to do anymore than just download and hit the 'thanks' button.  Pity it all had to end so badly.... and I hope no one reads this as "site bashing", but that's as far as I know about it.  Sad )

CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 02:20:13 am »

Hissy fit? Oo-er...

I have to admit my visits to that site were only sporadic, as their server was very much sluggish, though I did pick up some interesting goodies from there.

:blob6:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 04:53:13 am »

Yikes - you're more informed than me :shock:

No requests please
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 06:48:41 am »

Actually, Cynara, I'm not quite sure what it was over exactly, but it was probably about what was happening over at her home site.  I should've taken a screenshot of what she put... but when she deleted the downloads, the new 'descriptions' were on the lines of "you don't deserve it anyways."  I was highly upset that it got so far as to punishing other people on another site that had almost nothing to do with what was happening over at SMB.  Yes, there were a lot of people from MTS2 registered there, but it didn't mean everyone was involved... :icon9:

Of course, no one's obligated to custom content for anyone, and yes I also know that her native tongue is not English... but her attitude then was not cool at all.  Bad part was, she was my absolute favorite creator for object mods, and after reading that, my whole view of her changed.  It probably would've been best if she had just deleted her stuff without a word... at least I would've held more respect for her... :angry7:

But here I am 'ranting' again.  I need to stop.  Let it go, Tenshii... :punch:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 06:53:12 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 06:50:48 am »

So they finally did close down. Last I heard, they were asking for donations because they were having some major problems with the server and some other stuff. I almost wished I had gone there more often, but it was such a hassle to navigate. From what I understand, they had some good stuff.

Really off the topic, but Shastania, I love your avi:rofl:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: