Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:22:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a mesh?  (Read 25627 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 07:40:46 am »

Someone else must have said this already, but I dare to repeat if anyone still don't know.
Take a look in your system availability before downloading a lot of whatever.
I mean the minimum system requirements stated for the game (126 MB RAM) is almost ridiculous. You need minimum 512MB to start thinking on increasing your downloads folder. Pay attention on the size of the meshes or recolors you are downloading. Beds are critical, mainly if double and based on the expensive Maxis beds. They are over 5MB and slow down the game miserably.
There are cars which meshes are over 12MB. I have a super powerful comp and don't download anything that overpass 3.5MB in single unit.
Everything you download requires longer time to load the game.
Start to use subfolders to classify your downloads (If you have EPs, the base game does not allow subfolders). Rename files that present something like that: alfjsdairitanvndurp54dioruasa69doruasf57. package or anything alike.
If you do not know what is it about, open it in SimPe.
If it is a mesh, it will be composed of 4 items: Geometric Data Container GMDC, geometric node GMND, Shape SHPE and CRES (whatever it means).
Rename it whatever_MESH.package (choose a name for "whatever" that you can easily identify).
If it is a mesh with texture it will have a TXTR included in it, if it is not there, you have to identify what textures are related to this mesh (if none, it will not appear in the game). After identifying it, rename it also in a way that you can easily relate it to the respective mesh. Keep them both close and if possible include the name of the creator in the file name so that you can report any problem, if any.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 07:46:50 am by XPTL297 » Logged
MsLynn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 01:49:00 am »

This thread has a lot of good info in it. I have a question though... XPTL297 says to use SimPe to look at files when you don't know what's what... well I have the setup for it but it says I need to install .net framework v1.1 Do I? I d/l'ed that before I got my new harddrive and it seemed to be nothing but an annoyance whenever I turned on my computer. But I deperately need to do something about my downloads folder. It is terribly overcrowded and I honestly don't have a clue what 95% of it is.
cacho

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 04:59:37 pm »

From where i get the simpe, and how i make all that of the triangles, with what program?

Where is the Downloads section? (i have 4 sims 2 ,in which of the 4 i put the meshes?)

can someone make a gide to mesh something of the game stuff?
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 11:22:31 pm »

Get SimPE here: http://sims.ambertation.de

Meshes and any other downloaded custom content go in \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\Downloads

There are many meshing tutorials available. Look in the Mesh Creation Forum here or search the tutorials on MTS2 :angel1:

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
mayorjak
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 10:20:37 am »

i have downloaded bodybuilder mesh and cloths but it does'nt show up in the game. Can any one help me?
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 11:12:13 am »

Hi mayorjak and welcome to InSIM! There are a few reasons this may be happening. Here are the obvious ones to start. First is custom content enabled in your game? Do you have a skintone linked to the bodybuilder? Also, do you have all three meshes for the bodybuilder? You need: full body mesh, top mesh and bottom mesh.

lordbyro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 04:34:49 pm »

Now take a look at the wonderful bodybuilder meshes and clothes available on this site. You don't see any body shape like that in the regular game, right? Well, first you must download the mesh - the "template" / "mannequin" for the bodybuilder's shape. Then you can download skin colors (nude/ anatomically correct / whatever you want) that sit on top of the mesh or you download clothing that sits on top of the mesh. The bodybuilder clothes won't show up on your sim if the mesh isn't there for them to "sit on top of".

Does that help? If not, feel free to ask more questions.[/QUOTE]
mason81
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 10:54:00 pm »

someone else posted this question, but no one answered it. So I am hoping someone can help! I have downloaded all skin tones and the upper and lower body meshes and they are in my download folder. I can see the option of HBB in the skin tone type, but how do I make him big!? He just stands there all skinny and puney waiting for someone to juice him up. Please help!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 11:48:20 pm »

Check in BeosBoxBoy's and Warlocks sections.  Both have sticky posts that may answer your questions.  Any questions or problems you have would be best placed in the appropriate creator's section so they'll notice it.
marizi
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2007, 10:24:46 am »

I don't know
keena
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 10:32:35 am »

:bawl::roll:i still really dont understand how to download meshes. i want a marmaid mesh of the teenage mermaids, but every time where it says 'get the mesh from marvine here' i click on it and i only get back to the main merfolk menu. can i have some step by step instructions please from someone. i would really appriciate it! im so confused Cheesy
leelee1696
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 06:55:25 pm »

i still dont get how to do meshes and what they r.like r they just clothing or can u edit the by like giving it wings or something?
CheshireImp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 07:14:08 pm »

leelee1696: Meshes for outfits show up in the clothes section of BodyShop. Accessory meshes - like horns or wings or pre-Bon Voyage jewelry - will show up in the same section of Body shop that glasses do.

mason81: Just using the HBB skintone won't change the sim's size - you have to have an HBB outfit - and its mesh - on him to notice. And for him to show up as HBB in the shower, you'll need a showerproof skintone and the nude mesh.

keena: The meshes are likely on that page - if you download all of the files that it has listed for download, you should have everything you need. The mermaid meshes will show up under clothing, just like any other outfit you download.

All: Most meshes, unless they are included in the outfit/recolor file, will say "mesh" somewhere in the download link.

I hope this was helpful ^_^
khari95

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 10:12:26 am »

How do you download meshes into bodyshop?

Help with that would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: