Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:12:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is that? -.-  (Read 2763 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
msbella

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2007, 06:45:09 am »

hello. i have a problem. i have bon voyage and I have installed the programm seethem2.exe
you can use seethem2 for different things. you can remove the censur so you can see the sims naked under the shower without the pixels.
but i have a problem. some sims i can see under the shower without problems but when some other sims go under the shower i see this:

the body of the sim is invisible. when the sim leave the shower you can see the body again but I think this is very funny. I have a problem with many sims but not with all my sims. maybe it is because of the skintone but I can't say why. it is strange.
can you help me please? and is it because of the seethem2.exe or is it because of an other problem? hope you can help. thank you.

~*Wir müssen nur noch 1000 Meere weit
Durch 1000 dunkle Jahre ohne Zeit
1000 Sterne zieh'n vorbei*~
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 03:38:15 pm »

That is a skintone problem. The skintone probably requires a mesh to make it work. Do you have pics with the clothes on? Maybe someone can see what kind of clothes the sim is wearing and identify the mesh the skintone requires.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 04:52:33 pm »

I got this bug, too!! :cussing:
I have a SlimBB guy with a showerproof skintone.
I have a lot of SlimBB recolors, including my own, that have worked well since I first downloaded the meshes. At first, the everyday, formal a.s.o. wear was working like before. Then I noticed that the naked stage was invisible like in the pic above.

I redownloaded the naked mesh and made damn sure that it's in the downloads. Checked with clean installer for duplicates. But then the unexpected happened: Not only was my supposedly gorgeous SlimBB still invisible when naked, but in addition none of the clothes showed up anymore. Except undies. I wonder when they will decide to go, too. Poor guy. Fortunately my Aikea Guinea Meshes still work, so he can wear those for the time being. Maxis meshes are just too unsexy.

So the sixty-four thousand dollar question is: how is it that you add a thing and another thing vanishes?

The files I added are MESH_Ju_slimmer270805.package and 5fddd2ba_SlimBBnaked.package. Am I missing another mesh?

Oh, I nearly forgot: I already tried the 'put the meshes in Saved Sims folder trick'.

Help, anybody? :-?
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:01:51 am »

Now I've had it! Not only are my SlimBB clothes useless, now my Star Trek uniforms are starting to vanish, too. They don't use any BB meshes.
Residents of the hood come by my business with clothes I most certainly never told them to wear.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 08:19:47 am »

If you have your downloads in subfolders that could be the problem. Apparently BV has some issues with subfolders.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 12:51:35 pm »

Apparently I have some issues with BV.

First they give us the possibility we've needed and with another EP they take it away again and expect us to put thousands of files in ONE directory? :brain:
And that in addition to that their bodyshop finds it such hard work to display stuff and isn't able to load in the background or allow to mark multiple files for deletion? :brain:

So, after some of the steam is vented (sorry for that), the buts:
But it worked before! Before I used this SlimBB sim from Engelchen. Then only naked was affected and after adding more meshes, nothing worked anymore. I am no Vulcan, but still I struggle to find some logic in this. :dontknow:

And does the Saved Sims folder count as a subfolder suddenly??
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 12:26:46 pm »

This is just a stab in the dark, but I just had an idea. Do you happen to have more than one set of default replacements in your game?

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 06:01:28 pm »

Default replacements of what?
I have default replacements for eyes, skins and CAS faces, one set of each.
But the showerproof skins are no replacements.
And... *think*... hm... for body meshes I have only crammboys cock, that shouldn't interfere with anything. In post #3 I wrote which meshes I added after the first occurence if the invisible naked state, after which all other SlimBB's vanished.

I guess, as a first step, I'll disable those two meshes, then there'll be only the issue of the naked state left. But I still don't get it what other mesh could be the base of this showerproof skintone (came with the sim). Undies and swimwear do work (recolors I made with the undies mesh). Too bad that skin and eyes are the only two things we can't change in game, once they're selected.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 06:04:55 pm »

What I meant was, do you have more than one set of default replacement skins?

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 08:28:28 pm »

Like I said, I use one set of replacements.
Also, I believe this is more of a mesh problem. Because generally the naked sim just reverts to Maxis bodyshape, if it has no showerproof skintone.
I'll now have a second look at the site where I donwloaded the sim and maybe I'll find the solution there. Smiley

Thanks anyway! :salute:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 08:31:50 pm by Wednesday17 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: