Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:28:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help for 2 problems please  (Read 1820 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
duchessm

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2007, 12:23:25 pm »

first sorry for the long post but..

1. i deleted a sim and child and now her husband is still married to her and has memories of being married and having a child with them, even though they no longer exist in game! so i need a way to either undelete the wife and child (longshot!), or, find a way to delete his memories of them altogether... is there any way this can be done?
(i mean i moved the wife and child out and into the sim bin thing in neighbourhood view and accidently deleted them from there)
Please tell me theres a way? i have uni and nightlife so not sure if i can use current version of simpe to do this or not? and i read somewhere about a squinge hacked painting that also might be able to do this but not sure what or where that is?

problem 2:
i have 5 families in pleasantview and am thinking of re-starting from scratch, however theyve pretty much interacted with most of the "townies" so if i want to start afresh should i just put the 5 families all into the sim bin from neighbourhood view and delete then start again? or is there a different way to go about getting rid of them for a fresh start? (worried about townie memories of them ruining the game)

pleeease can someone help me with advice on what to do?
many thanks in advance
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 01:02:39 pm »

1-  You cannot bring them back.  You can use Simpe and try to edit the memory but you will need to delete the memories of ALL the sims that met them.  It is normal btw that when you delete a sim the memory do not disappear, same when you move them out.

2- I do not quite understand what you want, do you want to keep those 5 families, reset Pleasantview and add them back?  If so, you will need to use Simpe surgery to package them all and recreate the families after you reset in CAS so they have the proper family ties.
duchessm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 01:56:25 pm »

no i want to totally delete those 5 families but they've erm.. "interacted" (!) with some townies so the townies would (i think) have memories of them and i thought it would cause problems if i just deleted the families but wasnt sure?

for my first problem i think editing the memories of everyone that met the deleted wife and child would be too much and dont want to risk corrupting anything by leaving something out. so think i just better delete all families and start again. so is it ok to just delete families and start with a new empty pleasantville with townies only? i mean, is that the way to do it?
(god sorry for all the gibberish! i cant seem to be able to word what i want to do properly!)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 02:01:18 pm by duchessm » Logged
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 02:04:38 pm »

The best thing to do would be to restart pleasantview. I think you can take out the folder pleasantview is in (n001, I think) and let the game respawn it.
You may have to start all over again making sims and giving them the proper family ties, but theres no other way around it sorry :|

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
duchessm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 03:26:55 pm »

ive tried a search but cant find it, where would i find the pleasantview folder to delete it and restart?
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 07:25:54 pm »

The best way to get rid of sims so they do not leave corrupted memories is to kill them.  NEVER delete sims from the bin.  No matter what though, sims that have met them before they die will still have memories of them which is totally ok and cannot corrupt your hood.  Deleting sims from the bin can though corrupt a hood.

The easiest way to reset your game is too pull out your complete Sims 2 folder located in C:mydocuments/eagames folder  Start the game and it will regenerate a completely new sims 2 folder.

When this is done, make a copy of the new neighborhoods folder the game made located in C:mydocuments/eagames/thesims2/neighborhoods

Copy back the sims 2 folder you pulled out to its original place, delete the old neighborhoods folder and replace it with the new one.  This will reset all of your hoods though.  If you only want to reset Pleasantview, only copy the N001 folder from the new neighborhhood folder the game did in place of the old one.  This will make it so Pleasantview or all the original maxis hoods will be as they were the first time you played them.  No new sims you've made will be there at all so make sure to extract the ones you want to keep with Simpe surgery before you do this.

Just deleting the N001 folder won't make the game create a new one.  I am unsure if deleting the neighborhoods folder would make the game create a new one, you could try that and if it does not work you will need to delete the complete sims 2 folder.

GOO1 = Riverblossom
N001 = Pleasantview
N002 = Strangetown
N003 = Veronaville
N004 and up are your cc hood you made.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 07:34:17 pm by MissDoh » Logged
duchessm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 07:39:40 pm »

yikes, ive deleted loads of families from the sim bin! didnt realise we werent supposed to. mostly ones which hadnt actually met any other sim in the hood yet, so maybe it will be ok.
anyway i wont do it anymore now!
thank you all for your help... i'll have to go on a killing spree from tomorrow then Sad
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 07:58:10 pm »

No even if they did not met any sims it can corrupt your hoods.  From now on, you should always kill sims you do not want to keep instead of deleting them from the bin.

Maybe it would be a good idea you restart from scratch.  Since your hoods are corrupted already your best choice would be to extract the Sims you want to keep which is quite easy, tutorial here just follow the step 1 of it:   http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=18184  and then recreate the family in CAS and play in a fresh reset game.

The sims you extract with SimPe won't have any memory, they are just templates like the ones you create in Bodyshop.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 08:03:33 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: