Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:36:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bon Voyage hates me!  (Read 1112 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
marilynj72

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2007, 05:24:12 pm »

I'm having so many issues with this game I don't even know where to begin. and most of the time it's when I have no downloads in the game. sometimes it works fine...for a little while and other times it just don't work at all. I think the game is cursed! I really do...

Okay now that I'm done venting...
The game won't start unless you delete the .cache files all the time and after deleting them if I want to go back into the game I have to restart my computer. I read somewhere in this forum that you also have to delete the thumbnails I haven't done that. Does that mean I have to go into the thumbnails folder and delete everything in there or can i just delete the thumbnails folder each time? And would this fix the problem I'm having or should I just uninstall the whole game and reinstall it?

I think I have gotten rid of all the hacks and stuff that don't work with bon voyage...
so after installing everything what is the best way to put all my cc back in?
like all my houses, families and neighborhoods I've had since seasons do I put them back in the game before I install bon voyage? and my downloads folder after bon voyage?

Oh, yeah, what's the best way to uninstall the game am i suppose to go to control panel or where it says uninstall the sims2____ (bon voyage, seasons,etc...)?

And which folders should I be backing up?

I just want to make sure I'm doing this right, because I want my game to work perfectly....

Please Help!!!!!!!!:sad4::smt120
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 07:03:27 pm »

Thumbnails: get rid of the stuff in the folder, don't worry because they'll regenerate.  I don't know what happens if you take out the folder itself; I am not that brave.

Make sure you have the antiredundancy hack from 2jeffs; I have not loaded the patch, so I don't know if that takes care of that issue.  Make sure your hacks are updated for BV, esp the insimenator and inteenminator or you'll be very sorry.  Put in a little of your stuff at a time and be sure to select the custom content option and restart the game.

I dunno about seasons because I don't have it.

If you have a house with lots of custom content that might have been removed for your BV hack check, don't go in it, until you've reloaded.  I made that error with the 2nd EP I had and messed up a nice house.  I would either do the hack check with the sims I don't care about, or create a dummy household for hack checks.

Why would you want to uninstall?  It will erase everything?

At the minimum, copy the DL folder.  If you have the space, copy everything.

I would also study all of the stickies our friendly mods have made.  It helped me and except for one problem, a hack that wasn't working quite right, BV works fine for me, without the patch.

You may also want to read up on BV problems too, such as turning down the sound so the game won't lag.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: