Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 11:27:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Game Won't Let My Teens Sneak Out!  (Read 1918 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dobydog

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2007, 08:27:04 pm »

I tried to get a teen to ask his girlfriend to sneak out with him. Instead of Sneak Out it said I had the option to Crank Call! I tried again and again, but it still said Crank Call. I have all of the EPs up to Pets, Inteen, and Insim.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 08:32:26 pm by dobydog » Logged

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:24:22 pm »

What time were you calling? I think after 10 PM or so it becomes impolite to call other Sims and the game reacts accordingly. I always call for the sneak out before 11. The teen has to wait till after 1 AM but ti always wirks.

Of course, the next solution may be harder if the problem is not time related. You may have a hack conflict.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 09:59:03 am »

Hey jincy, Time has changed for non-polite calls. You can call up to 1:00AM now without getting yelled at. I think the sneakout time set up is between 7:00Pm and 11:00Pm., with the pickup at 1:00am. Just wanted to let you know about the time change for calling other sims. -Bill

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 11:42:21 am »

The option to Call...|Sneak Out appears between 10:00PM and 1:00AM.  Pickup is at 1:00AM.  There has to be an eligible sim to Sneak Out with in order for this option to appear and neither sim must currently be scheduled to sneak out with someone else.

The option to Crank Call appears during the same time frame, except your sim's niceness score must be 4 (out of 10) or less.

In the course of investigating this, I did uncover a bug in the InTeenimater that prevents pregnant teens from sneaking out.  If your teen is pregnant, this could be the reason you don't see the option.  I've posted a hotfix here.  Make sure you get the OFB-Seasons version (since your latest EP is Pets).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 12:19:39 pm by jase439 » Logged

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:11:35 pm »

Hmm.. Is there any way that a non-pregnant teen can't sneak out? I just used a teen townie to test.(I used Insim to give the relationship 100-100) He couldn't run away with the townie at ten o'clock. Sad

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 08:12:38 pm »

There is a requirement that both the sneaker and the sneakee must live with a parent or guardian.  If this is just a random townie, they probably don't have a lot and/or they probably don't have parents living with them.

So Dustin Broke could sneak out with Angela Pleasant, but not with Amy Jones (NPC newspaper girl) if I understand the test correctly.

EDIT: Actually, it's just the sneaker (your sim) that has to have a parent or guardian.  The only requirements for the sneakee is that they are a teen and have a valid lot with a phone.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 10:04:35 pm by jase439 » Logged

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: