Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:03:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Brandi Broke  (Read 6781 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2007, 05:04:27 pm »

I don't know if this was ever mentioned way back...i usually don't play the already in game sims but i decided to play brandi's house...partly cuz i wanted to let her have that kid she is preg. with cuz got sick of her visiting my sims houses and throwin up all the time in their toilets....
So back to my discovery...i looked thru her memories and found that her husband died before little Beau was born...but when she has this kid she is currently preg. with it shows Skip her dead husband as the father...Huh???
How can this be??? i was so surprised cuz i figured she was preg. by someone in the neighborhood...only logical explaination...

BEV
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 07:22:43 pm »

Those memory were put manually by Maxis therefore the reason why they are not shown in the right order.  They did a bad job at it and it is not the only Maxis sim that do not have the memories in the right order.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 11:53:05 pm »

Thanks Miss Doh....i figured it was a screw up on maxis part....just disappointing when i seen it i wanted to have a secret affair and she got preg. u know mayb Don Lathario's kid or heck Mortimer Goth's....

BEV
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 12:29:00 am »

so... nobody knows who the dad is? i remember when i played her for the first time and i thought she was getting fat LOL then after 3 sim days there was another baby! i was shocked.

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 08:57:30 am »

[/IMG]

This is her dead husband,I brought him back to life long ago because nobody wanted to marry Broke,lol.He is a blond,isn't the third boy darkhaired?I always tought she was pregnant by her husband but now...I don't know...lol.
But I think Miss Doh is right.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:06:55 am by alga » Logged

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
gali

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 11:53:25 am »

According the programming, the toddler always knows who is his/her father, and shows this by the wants "snuggle by x", etc. If the toddler rolls a want when none of his/her parents are around - he/she rolls a want "be snuggled", etc.

I resurrected Skip Broke, and Beau immediately rolled a want to be snuggled by Skip, and not - "be snuggled".

So, MisDoh is right, and problem resolved...Smiley.
tinkerbell3552

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 01:48:41 pm »

You brought him back to life?! Could you tell me how to do that cause I have a couple people I would really like to see alive again.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 03:17:30 pm »

You shouldn't do it, according to all the expert modders at MTS, because it destroys your game-eventually, in bits and pieces. From what I understand, the memories of the reincarnated sim don't match with the ones in the neighborhood, and it just throws out all kinds of bad code.
The only way I've read to properly resurrect a sim is to clone him in SimPE or CAS..and that way your game won't go up in flames.
I did do a resurrection, myself, of Michael Bachelor-by using the Insim-but after reading a very stern warning not to do this, I made him die, again..oh, short, sweet life he had!

vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 08:27:48 pm »

I'm bringing them back to life all the time,I was obsessed with this a while ago,it didn't destroy my game,lol.Everybody's back,all the Goths ,all the Lantgrab,the Lemings,all of them,I made them younger or even children or students or whatever.I don't realy care about theyr memories,lol,and they are realy greatefull,lol.
I did it by using the Insim,there is a tomb stone,click on it and let the fun beguin,lol.There are even dramatic hacks like the Resurectonomitron,you call Death,you pay a price and you get your corps back to life.If you pay full price,they'll be perfect,if not....
There is another hack by Christianlov,it brings whoever back to life .

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
kissofdawn
Short Stack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 08:40:53 pm »

isn't the third boy darkhaired?

Well Brandi is dark haired. (unless you changed her color)
any who, I have never noticed this about her being preggers!! I may have to try check that out! & I have heard that about it destroying the game, But this is what dosen't make sense... Why do they have that as a want?

"Your halo slipping down to choke you now" - The Noose off of A Perfect Circle's 13th step
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 10:38:06 pm »

The code that "inhabits" the sim is the problem. The sim wasn't programmed to be part of the game, just a background. From what I understand, the codes running the game and the sims are different, and if you "resurrect"  one from the dead using any type of doohickey, it will unleash code that will eventually eat up your game-not all at once, but it will start doing weird things-like the infamous jump bug..and other terrible things.
I took mine out because I can't afford a new computer-and if it means taking out one resurrected sim, oh, well.
I trust the expert modders, because they do this for a living, or a very serious hobby-they know the game inside and out-and if they say don't do it, I trust them to know what they're saying. I just don't like to take too many chances with this kind of tomfoolery. There's a reason for no easy way to resurrect sims, and perhaps they're better off dead.
The reason that anyone has a "resurrect" want is that Maxis is stupid and forgot that you can't do it without extraordinary means. They didn't think to warn people not to do it, and it's only because people have done it, and gotten really bad results from it that it is generally frowned upon.
That being said, do whatever you want-it's not my computer or my game. Just wanted to let you know that it might not be a good idea.

Here's a quote from the MATY board:
"No -- the two character files come with the base game, and never change.  I repeat, resurrecting Pleasantview (or Veronaville or Strangetown) characters that come with the base game is a VBT. The ability to resurrect anyone didn't come along until Uni was released, so none of those characters were ever designed to be resurrected. Doing so will eventually blow up your hood, especially if you attempt to breed any of them."

My game is base only-if yours is Uni or higher, you might be able to get away with it, especially with SimPE, editing everything about the sim  you resurrect.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:54:54 pm by MaryH » Logged

Grig 32

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 08:55:52 pm »

Weird... I mated Brandi and Skip and was on the third generation before I cleared everything out for the new EP coming out (FreeTime) and I didn't have any of that happen... course what do I know lol I'm just a piddly little gamer boy Wink
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 12:52:16 pm »

pooh cos i was comtemplating downloading this simpe to bring back skip.but it might be easier to recreate him then adjust the family tree to make the kids his.
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 06:11:25 pm »

I think a boat just arrived for the person at Maxis who messed up with manually adding Brandi's memories:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 08:38:17 pm »

Hmm. I don't know if this messed up code with dead sims got fixed in these cleaned up templates available on MATY. Something weird happened with me once though, which made me glad I have different versions of Strangetown. This was in a version I thought had got screwed up, but apart from having to respawn the tombstones it was fine - unless this goes hand in hand with what happened:

I needed Lyla Grunt for some flashbacks. At first I just exported the sim and recreated her in CAS, thinking that would be the end of it. But no - I don't know how or why, but she'd somehow undergone drastic surgery, to the point where it didn't look like her. The second time I tried she looked right, but after some experimenting I noticed she seemed to take the face of whatever sim in the bin I'd selected beforehand :oogle:

I was left with no other option then but to resurrect her. I used Insim to do it, everything went fine - until I tried to change her appearance. First time was great - needed to replace her eyebrows, which in turn fixed her wonky skin and eyes. The second time I tried, her face got messed up somehow, like the mesh got distorted or something. Very strange.

So, I exported the newly resurrected sim, replaced the older one. Used Alt Sim Surgery in SimPE to fix the one in-game, which thankfully has worked. Since I'm only using her for storytelling I don't know of any adverse effects, but I'm suddenly grateful it's in what I've now ranked as a test version. I think in the others I'll let her rest. I can say though, all her memories were intact as well as her personality, which is why I'm mentioning the cleaned-up templates.

ETA: Ooh yeah! Just remembered: It seems to be common knowledge that, because Skip is "unlinked", the baby turns out to be a clone of Brandi and will always be a boy. I've found that aborting the pregnancy and re-impregnating her (with the same father, of course) via Insim seems to fix it - Brandi had a girl in my game Cheesy Might be to do with the templates again, though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:44:39 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: