Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 10:29:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very odd sims... a graphic-related problem (I think)  (Read 2107 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2007, 06:13:39 pm »

So my family just bought a new computer and we installed Sims 2, Sims 2 Uni, Sims 2 NL and Sims 2 Pets. I tried playing and my sims were doing strange stuff. First; at some times they would be walking and all you'd see is  their head and then about ten sim-footsteps away there would be a stretched-out blurry image of the body. Second; whenever they used the bath tub, there would be a blurry line, the colour of the sims' skin, stretching out across the screen. Third; very often, there's a strange cone like a spotlight expanding from the sims with the same blurry, skin-coloured type 'blob'. And once the plumbob went straight up through the floor (controlled sim was on first floor, was viewing second floor) and it was about four times fatter than usual. I don't know what's wrong. We un-installed everything, re-installed it, and downloaded a Sims 2 Pets patch. It seemed to be working fine, and then I greeted the mailman (who suddenly had strange black 'spots') and then my sim 'exploded' into a blurry flesh-coloured line again. Anyone know what the problem is? In every other aspect, as far as I know, the game is running perfectly fine, faster even then I'm used to. Oh, and the weird lines and stuff happen more often in high speed (3) than regular (1) or medium (2).

New account --> 2*B~Weird
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:31:07 pm »

That does, indeed, sound like a graphics issue. What graphic card are you working with? If it's a supported card, then I would try updating your drivers.  New computers don't always come pre-installed with the most up-to-date drivers.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:10:50 pm »

Um... I don't know off-hand what the card is. (And I'm on my laptop right now so I can't check right now) but I can look into it and get back to you. Thanks for the advice.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 08:16:05 pm »

Here's a way you can find out:

Start =>  Run.  Type dxdiag in the 'Open' box, and press OK.  

The DirectX Diagnostics program should load up.  Click on the 'Display' tab, and the type of video card your laptop has should appear in the small box to the upper left.  :angel:

Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 07:15:48 pm »

it says:
ATI Radeon X1250
Is that a good card?

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 01:08:53 pm »

You need at least and X1300 to run the sims 2. If you're running Vista, then that may not be enough either.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 01:50:38 pm »

My puter did that until I updated the video drivers, so I wouldn't doubt that having an underpowered video card is the root of your problems.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 07:09:45 pm »

so updating the driver should fix the problem?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: