Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:51:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Morph Mod Clarification  (Read 2069 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:09:51 pm »

I wanted to verify the different morphmods that the game recognizes. According to all the tut's I have seen, ~00MORPHMOD.0 is the fat morph, but in my milkshape v1.8.1b its ~00MORPHMOD.1 -as fat and ~00MORPHMOD.2- as preg. (This is automaticlly displayed when I import any mesh) I havent paid any attention in the past, but I am having a problem with preg morphs.
I have been having difficulty with the game recognizing my preg morphs, could this be why? The game does recognized the fat morphs when I change them in cas or in a house with the insimenator. Any help would be appreciated. Smiley

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
wes_h

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 10:13:30 pm »

The UniMesh importer uses the values (.0, .1, etc.) that were used in the original file. The value needs only to be self-consistent with the morph name in the game files, so you will see .0 for fat in a lot of meshes starting with Nightlife, while a lot of .1 for the fat morph in meshes from the older games. But it is not a for sure, nor does it have to be.

In order to get it right, look at the comments in the groups. You do this by selecting a group (such as ~00MORPHMOD.1) in the groups panel and then clicking on the comment button.

A fat morph has the comment:

MorphNames: botmorphs fatbot

while pregnant is:

MorphNames: botmorphs pregbot

The game uses these names to locate the morph with, so it is entirely possible to swap fat and pregnant by swapping these two comments and exporting the mesh. Then in the game the fat state will use the pregnant shape and the pregnant state will use the fat shape. Not exactly useful, but it illustrates how the game works.

In order to match the morphs with the right base group, the comment for the base group (often "body") will contain a line like:

MorphRefNum: 0

The value in that line, in this case zero, needs to match the two digits near the name start (~00MORPHMOD.n for zero, ~01MORPHMOD.n for one, etc). This is just so that the exporter can properly match things up for meshes like the hula one, which has two base groups. As long as the values match, any numbers from zero to 99 could be used. But teh importer starts counting them from zero

<* Wes *>
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 10:22:07 pm »

Thanks, I really appreciate the help with this. I started to panic that there was something wrong in Milkshape. I figure my preg morhps didnt work becuase of an eror in the comments. Thanks for explaining it to me!

BTW, thanks for making the plugins, I could do nothing without them!

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
wes_h

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 02:06:36 pm »

You're welcome.
It has been quite an interesting adventure.
<* Wes *>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: