Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:59:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Gender Defenders: Behind The Scenes - Chapter Twelve: Change of Heart  (Read 28565 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2007, 07:40:10 pm »

Oh wonderful love!  I really enjoyed it as usual.  And there is Kat, yay!  Got the name of her city right as well.  Very good capturing the awkwardness it must be knowing you will grow older then your parents someday.  Though his Dad still appears to be just that, a Dad. Wink

I had to take her out of my game unfortunately. Sad  Way to many sims, I did some house cleaning. I mean she is still in bodyshop but I'm not actively playing her.  Nice to see she's getting a second life here! Cheesy

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2007, 07:51:50 pm »

Thanks! Cheesy So glad to see I managed to get across what I'd hoped to - about growing older than your parents, and about his Dad - Evan may only be fifteen, and still immature in some ways, but as Luca pointed out right at the start, he's the most serious of them along with their sister Wink That'll be more apparent next chapter.

I know what you mean about too many sims though; I've started making those I very rarely play into townies. I've still got enough to make up a small town without any help from extras... although said extras have been appearing in-game for some reason. Do I have an out-dated notownieregen or something? :scratch: Oh well. Yeah, I regularly check back on your applications/rounds (your = everyone who took part) to make sure I've got my facts right, although there's been plenty of gaps left for my imagination to fill :twisted:

No requests please
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2007, 05:17:24 pm »

Disclaimer: I don't pretend to be fluent in Italian - just the opposite in fact, which is why I had to consult http://www.freetranslation.com to get the phrases I needed. Apologies in advance if you speak Italian and the translator's efforts make you cringe :angel:

Chapter Eight – Leaving Party

“Come on slow-coach!” he calls as we reach the stairs.
“Hold on, hold on,” I mutter, slowing down. There’s a distinct sliding sensation at my hips, and a draft chilling more skin that it should. I know I’m baring a lot of flesh this evening, but…
Luca turns, and starts to snigger as he notes my predicament. I don’t even want to know what expressions are worn by the rest of my family as they tail behind.
“Running and tight leather doesn’t mix,” I finish, tugging at my trousers.
“Oh Leo,” Dad chuckles as they catch up. Luca just bursts out laughing as I begin to wonder if I’m fighting a losing battle. I’m just glad they’re used to seeing me in the buff, since I don’t always cover up after a shower, but here there are cameras. Oh well, I guess the guys at home could do with a good laugh.
“You need a shield?” Jo offers.
“Might be a good idea,” I accept, already beginning to work at the buckle. My folks huddle around with their backs towards me and, satisfied, I unfasten my trousers and resume the task of pulling them back up.
“Leo?”
I look up from my struggle at the sound of Alec’s voice, a smile spreading across my face.
“Hi there!” I call, releasing my lower garments to give a wave, before addressing the human – or not – shield in front of me. “S’okay, he’s my boyfriend.”
Alec looks about the faces with a bewildered expression. “What’s going on?” he asks.
Luca gives a little snigger as he explains, before moving aside to let him pass. Understandably, he cracks up when he sees me.

“I wondered what kept you,” he chuckles, “Come here.”
I decide against telling him the whole story for now, allowing his focus to remain on getting me re-dressed, a feat in itself if his next remark is anything to go by.
“Damn, just how tight are these things?!”
“The idea was to keep them from slipping,” I muse, prompting another fit of titters from just in front of us, before my eyes widen as he yanks them upwards. “Careful!” I complain, “There’s fragile equipment down there!”
“Wouldn’t want to damage that, would we?” he smiles, “Breathe in!”
I find myself having to do so as my belt is re-fastened.
“Thanks,” I smile, before turning to Luca, “and next time you want a race, the answer’s no!”
“Not my fault you wanted to shoehorn yourself into those trousers!”
“Yeah yeah,” I reply, before introducing Alec properly.

“Hi,” he smiles, before eyeing Dad’s outfit. “So that’s where he gets it from!”
Dad gives an innocent shrug, before he and Mum gaze upwards.
“Oh yuck,” he groans, “We need to fix that quick!”
“What, the music?” I check.
“Yeah, that’s partly why I came down,” Alec says, “That and, you going missing, a certain couple all over each other…”
“Say no more,” I groan, and take him by the hand as I lead us all back up to the party.

“Oh boy,” I grimace, before looking back to my parents, who look equally disgusted. Yes we’re old-fashioned, and now especially I’m proud of that.
“Turn the stereo down,” I tell either of them, my pace quickening as I release my grip on Alec’s hand, raising my fingers to my mouth to give a piercing whistle. At about the same time, one of them has worked their magic on the stereo, and that god-awful “music” that was playing drops to a more acceptable level.
“Come on guys!” I protest at the offending couple, “Save it for the bedroom!”
Zamir throws up his hands apologetically as I approach the stereo, and briefly introduce my folks.
“Hey, is a party, no?” he grins, before watching me work the equipment, “Oh no, not this screaming you call…”
“Screaming?” I check, before hitting play. It seems this Autumn shares our taste, as she rises happily from her seat while Gethsemane plays through the speakers.
“Okay, okay,” he surrenders, “but how we dance to this?”
I glance across at Alec, who shares my knowing smile. “Allow me to demonstrate,” I grin as I take his hand.

The party gets into full swing, complete with Mum singing along in a voice that puts Tarja Turunen to shame. We take an occasional break to prop ourselves up on the wall, and dive into the tasty punch that Zamir knocked up earlier, and I notice that Autumn seems to be taking an interest in Luca. Happy that my brother’s taken care of, I scrunch up another emptied punch cup and get back to the music.

As the evening draws on however, I start to feel light-headed. Alec and even Luca are acting very out of character, and my otherwise quiet boyfriend is prattling and even starting to giggle on occasion. The only people who seem to be acting normally are my parents, but as Kii tells me how cool they are, just looking at his face tells me something is very wrong. His eyes are glazed over and he’s unsteady on his feet, almost as if…
“Thanks,” I smile evasively, before excusing myself from the presence of my friends. No sign of Autumn or Luca, but right now that’s the least of my concerns. Heading for the punch bowl again, I grab a cup, fill it and head straight for my parents.
“Hi Leo,” Dad smiles, but that drops from his face when he notices that mine is serious.
“Hey Dad,” I greet him, “Could you do me a big favour please?”
“Sure,” he frowns, “What’s up?”
“Drink this,” I tell him, holding out the cup.
He takes it, eyeing the fluid bemused before looking back at me. “This is the punch?” he checks.
“Yeah,” I tell him, “Don’t add your vodka this time, just drink it.”
“Right,” he complies with an understanding nod, and throws his head back as he guzzles quickly at the liquid inside. I wait with bated breath as he draws the back of his hand across his mouth, crumples the cup and… waits.
I notice Mum eyeing him with equal concern as she takes the buckled cardboard from his hand. For a moment it looks as though he’s about to reject the drink, but all that comes forth is a stifled burp.
“S’cuse me,” he mumbles, before looking across at Mum expectantly.
“No,” she observes, just as sombre, “It would have happened by now.”
He looks back at me intently. “Is there a reason you suspected something?” he asks.
“Yeah,” I begin, gesturing behind me, “Look at them! Kii can’t even walk in a straight line! I’m feeling a little weird myself…”
“And you were drinking the least,” Mum remarks.
“Exactly.”
“Alright,” Dad says, already heading off, and throws the stereo a gaze long enough to shut it off as we walk by. The others look about themselves puzzled, but he draws their attention with one question.

“Okay guys, who added what to the punch?”
The guy who mixed the drinks looks back at him, stunned.
“Perdón??” he queries, with an expression reading “Are you implying what I think you’re implying?!”
“That sobered you up, didn't it?!” I hint, addressing all of them.
Dad doesn’t wait for an answer. Instead he studies the crowd, likely tuning into their thoughts, and listening for anything that would give away something even well-mastered body language wouldn’t.
The question seems to have a sobering effect on the others too. Alec’s face drops as he notes the stern expressions on our faces.
“Hey, wait a minute,” he checks, rising from his seat, “You’re suggesting someone spiked the punch?!”
“Not suggesting, Alec,” I tell him, “Stating.”
“But how do you know?”
“You may have noticed, we have been adding to our own drinks these past hours,” Mum explains, “I understand Leo has explained of us to you all?”
“He’s said you’re vampires, if that’s what you mean…”
“Vampires can’t stomach a non-alcoholic drink,” I tell not only him, but the others, “So I asked Dad to drink some without adding the alcohol, but he kept it down.”
“Whoa, whoa,” Kii complains, “Slow down, my head’s spinning here…”
“I’m not surprised!” I blurt out, “You’re p***ed!!”
“And our survey says…!” Dad deduces, pulling Ginny forward.
“Look, I didn’t mean anything,” she protests, “Just wanted to add a little something to the party…”
“There’s a reason we have an age limit you know,” he tells her, “Kids your age can’t handle it!”
“Kids??” she splutters, “Look who’s talking!”

“I’m actually twenty-six,” he tells her, “I only stayed fifteen ‘cause that’s when I was bitten. Not that it matters, since we can’t get drunk like you can.”
“Uh-huh, and you expect me to believe that?”
Alec’s head twitches off to the side, as if spotting movement. I follow his gaze to find Luca and Autumn trotting across to join us.
“There you are!” I acknowledge, before explaining the situation, deliberately ignoring the look of shock on Ginny’s face as Dad displays his fangs.
“What??” Luca exclaims as I finish.
My gaze returns to the rest of the gathering, noticing with dismay a similar surprised look upon the faces of the other girls. I look to the boys with them, my patience beginning to wear thin – I idly wonder how much of that is down to the drink.
“Didn’t you tell them?” I ask.
“We never got to it,” Kii shrugs. I cradle my head in my hand, but movement out of the corner of my eye catches my attention. I turn to find both Mum and Dad eyeing Luca accusingly.
“Così dove lei era?” (So where were you?) Dad asks him.
“Giusto posa l'atrio,” (Just down the hall) comes the oddly meek reply.
“What’s going on?” Alec asks softly as he approaches my side, slipping his hands round my waist. All I can do is shrug in reply, frowning as the conversation gets more heated. For some reason Luca’s head drops into his chest, his face turning red. I frown as I notice another shade about his mouth, and decide to put forward a question of my own, hoping my own mounting concerns are unjustified.
“Quel rossetto è?” (Is that lipstick?) I check gently, but firmly.
The silence he gives in reply is disturbing.
“Oh Luca, you didn’t…”
His head jerks upwards, and his tone becomes defiant as he speaks.
“Ha sentito la destra a lei, ha fatto non?!” (It felt right to you, didn't it?!)

After allowing my poor head to rest in my hand for a moment, I look back at him, continuing our talk in Italian as I do so.
“Don’t pass this onto me!” I snap, “I wasn’t drunk! I’d known him longer than a few hours! You might never see her again!”
“You might never see him again,” he challenges, “Did that never occur to you?”
“Oi,” Dad interrupts, “This isn’t about him anymore.”
“Perhaps we should wait until he is sober,” Mum suggests.
“You guys mind speaking in English?” Autumn chips in, looking indignant.
Dad looks about him, before pulling us all aside from the others. Alec tails along, thinking he may have something to contribute, and in a sense I’m glad he does. In a roundabout way this concerns him too.
I offer to take us into my room as Zamir shrugs and advances on the stereo. Safely shut away from the rest of the group, the first thing I tell Alec is the real reason I was detained at the start of the night.

“Oh s***!”
“I know,” I tell him gently, but it does nothing to soothe his nerves.
“She’s gonna kill me, I just know it…!”
“You two weren’t drunk,” Dad prompts us, bringing our attention back to the most recent problem as he faces Autumn. “Did you know he was a virgin?”
The look on her face amplifies her answer.
“He was?” she utters, a hand rising to her mouth.
“Hold on, what’s going on?” Alec asks again.
“Oh, I’m pretty sure if alcohol wasn’t involved he still would be,” I growl in reply, “but I gather my very shy, quiet brother tossed his cherry out the bathroom window.”
“No need to be like that,” comes the insolent reply.
“Definitely wait until he’s sober,” Dad muses, gazing coldly at him. “Maybe then he’ll realise why we’re angry.”
Luca stares back at him, with an expression I can’t see given I’m faced with the back of his head.
“I am sober!” he protests.
“Tell that to the judge,” Dad remarks, “I bet you didn’t use protection either.”
“We didn’t have any,” he tells him. In reply both parents hang their heads in dismay.
“It was just the once!” he justifies. Dad merely laughs in reply as he raises his head, before he becomes serious once again.

“So were you three,” he states simply.
I look between my family, and I notice Jo looks just as surprised as I now feel. I’m fast wishing that Alec and Autumn weren’t around to hear what is becoming a very personal family discussion.

No requests please
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2007, 07:49:43 pm »

Ah, teen troubles.  Glad you addressed the issue of young sex and drinking.  Those are tricky things to reconcile.  I am feeling that I am really getting to know that characters well.  Keep it up. Wink

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2008, 05:00:34 pm »

I could've sworn I replied to that earlier :scratch: Oh well. Great to hear you're getting to know the characters, as a writer that's such a big compliment (it means I'm doing my job properly!), so thank you so much *hugs* Oh yes, teen troubles at their best, with teen parents having to deal with them :evil4: This is just scratching the surface, however... :twisted:

Also wanted to say, I finally added a little list of "sim credits" to my first post, so anyone wondering who was made by who can now find out Smiley Update on the way!

No requests please
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2008, 09:53:02 pm »

Chapter Nine – Family Values

Even with nothing else being said for now, tears begin to well at my eyes as I feel that the happy family life I once knew is starting to fall apart. Suddenly everyone’s angry at each other, and now it looks like there’s a lot we still have to learn. From wishing the others would leave, I’m already grateful that Alec at least is still here, as I feel his hand stroking my shoulder. My hand rests upon his as Dad briefly addresses Autumn, who is by now looking uncomfortable.
“You’d better get yourself a morning-after pill,” he tells her, his eyes flickering back to the guy she’d unwittingly made into a man.
“Right,” she utters, looking among us, “Maybe I’d better go.”
He gives but a nod in reply, and as she leaves his eyes rest on Alec. Our relationship, however, is very different, and he makes that known as he speaks.
“I’m not going anywhere,” he states bluntly, snuggling closer to my side. I smile in my gratitude as he moves his hand across to my head, stroking my hair as the first of my tears escape the prison of my eyelids, smudging the eyeliner Emilia had applied with such precision earlier.
“Better get comfy then,” he offers, gesturing to the bed and loveseat, “This could take a while.”
“That’s what I’m afraid of,” I confess as I sit on the loveseat. Alec takes a seat by me, and pulls me into his chest as we await whatever story is to be told.
“Okay,” he commences, pacing the room a little, and I can only guess he’s trying to work out how best to begin as the others sit on my bed.

“I guess the best place to start is when Dad became a werewolf,” he explains, “He was the first to be bitten, so all this corrective therapy stuff wasn’t in place then. Without that his personality started to change, from the loving, caring father I knew to someone who’d be aggressive, hyper-active, even aloof. He chose my half-brother’s wedding to rip into his new son-in-law, making him one too. That was the first big clue that something was wrong, but there were others. Mum did notice too eventually, but it was so gradual, it took a while before it fully registered.

“When it did though, things went downhill pretty quickly. I couldn’t bear to be around him anymore, it felt as though my real Dad had died and I was grieving. I went into depression, I stopped going to school… I don’t know why, but one night I just thought to slip out to this bar, and that’s when I met your Mum. She offered me a shoulder to cry on that I’d never had before, and mainly through that I quickly grew very fond of her. We got together about a month after that, and dived in head-first, just like you two did.” At this point he gestures to Alec and I, before his manner becomes awkward.

“It was then she bit me, but I didn’t know it. Something else I was unaware of until Mum told me, was that vampires are still fertile. Sure enough, about a month later we found out about you three…”
I feel the blood drain from my face as I try to process what he’s saying. Fresh tears sting my eyes as I look back at him.
“We were an accident?!” I check, straightening up in my seat, “We weren’t meant to be here?!”
“Very happy accidents,” he admits, but his words are of no comfort. My jaw’s too pre-occupied in its shaking to allow me to say anything in reply, although I wouldn’t know what to say if it wasn’t.
“I’m sorry,” he utters, blood beginning to seep from his eyes, “We’ve done our best though… at least I thought we did.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?!” Jo exclaims, “It’s not as though you come home drunk or hit us or anything…”
“I was trying to teach you guys some valuable lessons in life,” he replies, looking back at Luca and I, “Don’t make the same mistakes I made, wait until you’re good and ready…”
“I was ready!” I protest, “It’s not as though we just met and had a drunken s**g in the bathroom!”
“That’s enough!!” Luca snaps, “I’m a big boy now, I can take care of myself, just like you…”
“Don’t you get it??” Jo chips in, “I’m not condoning what Leo did, but at least he knows the guy! Men can’t get pregnant either…”
“Alright, alright,” he growls, rising from his seat and storming off a little.

“Tonight we are wasting our breath,” Mum tells us, “You are all intoxicated to some degree, and like it or not, it is affecting your ability to reason.”
“Some more than others,” I growl, slumped in my seat. I don’t know whether to explode into a fit of fury or crumble into a sea of tears.
“No, you’re right,” Dad agrees, addressing Mum before turning to my brother and sister, “Come on you two, let’s go before a real fight starts.”
Luca seems happiest to oblige as he marches out of the door. I follow them outside, where I spot an apologetic Autumn talking to him. I look back to Mum and Dad, my tongue once more bound by the events of the evening.
“I’ll send Andy round in the morning for you, okay?” he tells me, “See if I can get him to fix the hangovers you’ll no doubt be waking up with.”
All I can do in reply is nod, as I find myself leaning towards the tearful option.
“I’m sorry,” I begin, but Dad quietens me as he lays a hand on my shoulder.
“No, I’m sorry,” he says softly, “for everything.”
I look up at his face to find fresh crimson tears trickling down his cheeks. I want to tell him not to be so hard on himself, but all I can do is swallow the sobs rising in my throat.
“Come here,” he offers, opening up his arms.

“Luca!” Mum calls, at which Dad breaks away and looks back at me, running a hand along my face to wipe away the black streaks from my cheeks.
“We’ll see ourselves out,” he says, before eyeing Alec. “Look after him, huh?”
The straw to break the camel’s back. My folks are still on their way out when the dam bursts, and I wind up sobbing uncontrollably into Alec’s arms. I dread to think what must be running through his head by now.

It seems to last forever, but by the time it ends, my ears tell me I’ve attracted an audience.
“Leo?”
I don’t like to cry in front of others if I can help it, so I look around in dismay at the extra faces peering at me.
“Come on, let’s sit you down,” Kii continues, sobered up enough to speak clearly, “Looks like you need to.”
I note the absence of Zamir and Kat, but I don’t care anymore. At least they’re old enough to do what they please without getting their ears chewed off.
Alec sits by my side, nursing my shoulder as the others gather. “You okay now?” he checks.
I slowly nod, before turning to him. “I’m surprised all this didn’t scare you off,” I remark dryly.
“Hey come on, don’t be silly,” he soothes, before breaking into a smile, “You don’t get rid of me that easy.”
“I didn’t cause any trouble did I?” Autumn checks, swallowing nervously, “I wouldn’t have done it if I’d known…”
“It wasn’t just about that,” I tell her, “Things got very personal in there. I’m surprised Alec stayed, but I’m glad he did.”
“Look, um,” Ginny starts, “I didn’t mean to stir up all this…”
I scoff in reply as I look up at her. “Ginny, all you did was remind me never to let that brother of mine get drunk ever again,” I tell her, “From one of the nicest guys alive to cocky a***hole in… however long it took him to get through that much.”
“Seriously?” Autumn checks, “He was fine when he came out… okay, he looked hurt, but…”
“Hurt?” I check, chewing on things for a moment. “Maybe it’s a defence mechanism then… wonder if he’ll be like that after his hangover clears?”

“I’m so sorry about tonight,” I utter.
“Hey, don’t be silly,” he smiles, “It’s not like this was your fault.”
I lower my head in despair as my mind races. I nearly say some of it was, but Alec gets there first.
“So who’s this Andy?”
I smile at the brief encounters I had with him. “He’s one of my cousins,” I explain, “Last time we met I was about seven or eight, so I don’t know him that well. Dad does though, he’s told me a few things about him.”
“Oh, cool,” he acknowledges, before a huge yawn escapes my lips. “Yeah, good idea,” he agrees, “Think you need it more.”
I wearily nod, my body drained by all the crying. Before I undress, I decide first to remove the make-up still remaining on my face, and then I slip under the covers next to him in my briefs – not something I usually wear, but shorts wouldn’t look so good with those trousers.
The lamp is turned off, but as I cuddle up to him I can’t find the will to shut down. Instead I just lay there, enjoying the warmth from his bare skin as he embraces me, running a hand along the length of my back before tenderly kissing my brow.
“You okay?”
“Not really,” I admit, “Can’t sleep.”
“Can’t say I’m surprised,” he muses.
Despite the belief that I’d cried myself dry earlier, fresh tears sting my eyes as another thought intrudes on my already overworked mind. I cuddle up closer to him as I look into his eyes, adjusted well enough to the dark to know where they are.
“I’m gonna miss you so much,” I tell him sadly.
“Me too,” he says, kissing my head again as he caresses my face, “I love you.”
“I love you so much,” I reply, our heads moving in closer until I feel his lips upon mine. Our mouths delicately brush against each other for a while, a desire within building despite my physical tiredness. In fact it has the opposite effect, sending away the clouds shrouding me earlier. It allows me a breather as our lips part, and we eye each other in silence for a moment, my breathing deepening as I study his features. The sparkle in his eyes lights up the darkened room, and with a growing smile I kiss him again, my grip round him tightening as I roll on top of him.

“Oh my God, what do I look like?!”
One peek into the mirror is enough for me to tuck the eyeliner away for the day… guess tears before bedtime can do this to you.

Alec is still in bed, presumably sleeping off the excess alcohol still flowing through his system while I finish getting ready. I hear movement downstairs, telling me my cousin Andy has let himself in. A dhampir apparently, or “genetic vampire”, meaning he can do all a vampire can without needing to worry about the sun, although I’ll bet the smell of eggs and mushrooms will be driving him mad. Still, with me most likely being the first to rise, now’s a good time to finally meet one of my older cousins properly.

“Buen giorno!” he greets cheerfully when he spots me, “How’s your head?”
I smile knowingly at the question as I approach. “Fine thanks,” I reply, “but then I hadn’t drunk that much.”
“Ah, okay,” he nods, but then frowns as he studies my features. “Leo?” he checks, puzzled.
“Yeah,” I confirm, chuckling a little at his expression, “I know, I’ve changed a lot since the weddings.”
“You’re telling me!” he agrees, before warmly embracing me. “Long time no see kid! How’re you doing?”
“Okay thanks,” I smile, “What about you?”
“Not bad thanks,” he replies, his smile now slipping from his lips, “Your Dad told me what happened last night.”
“Yeah, thought he might,” I mutter, my gaze lifting upwards to watch his huge brown eyes as a green finger traces the lines under my own.
“He’s just concerned for you, that’s all,” he soothes, “He was worried that you’d all be following in his footsteps despite his trying to warn against it.”
“What about you?” I ask, hoping for an understanding ear, “Did you do this kind of thing too, or were you a good boy?”
I detect a rising tide of sadness within him, however. I watch quietly as he serves up my breakfast and sets it down on the table, hinting that I should take a seat before he’ll answer.
“I made a pot of tea,” he offers, “but since you’re probably the only one without a hangover, I can fix you a coffee if you’d rather.”
“Yes please,” I accept, waiting patiently for my answer. It doesn’t come until he places a steaming mug of coffee by my plate and takes a seat himself.

“I was far from good, sadly,” he replies slowly, “It wasn’t my jumping into bed with a guy at fifteen that got me into trouble… more who that guy was.”
Images of him at Mum and Dad’s wedding drift through my mind. I recollect seeing him with what looked like his boyfriend, seeing them in each other’s arms when our group photos were taken. That lad he no doubt speaks of seemed familiar…
“I remember seeing you with him when Mum and Dad got married,” I mention, “Didn’t we also see you after coming back from school?”
“You have a good memory,” he smiles.
“Was only about seven years ago,” I remind him.
“Ah yes, so it was,” he observes, “Time’s gone by so quickly.”
“Didn’t Dad say you were cousins?” I test, “Plural?”
“Yes,” comes the wary reply, “That’s why the trouble started.”
It’s then I notice the ring on his left ring finger, the one usually reserved for a wedding ring.
“You obviously love each other,” I shrug, gesturing to his ring, “So what’s the problem?”
A sad smile lifts the corners of his mouth. “That’s pretty much what your Dad said,” he remarks, “Seems some of his lessons have paid off at least.”
“Surely you’d understand why I did it though?”
“Do you two love each other?”
“Very much so,” I reply in a hushed tone, before I notice movement out of the corner of my eye. “Speak of the devil,” I announce as he walks over, and I take some time to introduce them to each other as Andy rises to finish serving. Alec seems a little worse for wear though. As he sits by me, he whispers into my ear while my green relative works.
“Some problem with his boyfriend?” he asks innocently.
My eyes flit across to Andy, noting his worried glance in our direction. “No need to whisper,” I tell him, “Andy’s a day-walking vampire.”
As if to confirm his range of hearing, he arches an eyebrow knowingly as Alec looks back at him.
“He’s a nice guy,” I reassure him, reverting to Italian as I speak.
He says nothing, but as he anxiously studies him his brown eyes seem restless. Remembering that Mum and Dad would adopt a similar stance sometimes, I know that he is administering his own test as he runs a surface scan on my boyfriend.
“Go on then,” he agrees, leaving me to explain softly to Alec that, for all that has happened with us so far, our situation is comparatively tame. I check his reaction carefully as I finish.
“He’s engaged to his brother?” he checks softly.
I silently nod, deliberately adopting an indifferent expression.
“Just don’t broadcast it, okay?” Andy warns as he serves the rest of the omelette. “Not only for us, but we’ve got kids to think about.”
“You have kids?” I ask. This is news to me.
“Yes,” he agrees, his eyes darting about the room. Spotting the others as they approach, his cheery air resumes as he greets them before he ducks closer to us. “All I’ll say for now is,” he mumbles to us, “thanks to our alien Grandfather, we can get pregnant. That’s on top of being able to plant the seed. I’ll leave the rest to your imagination.”
“Wow,” Alec muses as he watches him serve the tea, “And I thought we had problems.”
“Welcome to my family,” I mutter back to him, before my tone turns deadly serious as I lean closer to him. “Listen,” I tell him, “You never heard any of this, okay?”
His head jerks backwards, blinking as though taken by surprise. “Hear what?” he asks casually, glancing back at him, “Nice ring, wonder who gave him that?”
I don’t hide the satisfaction in my smile as I pat his leg. In reply, with his head turned away from the others, he slips me a sly wink as he picks up his fork.
“Thanks,” I whisper, pecking his lips. Inwardly, the love I feel for him, as strong as it is in such a short space of time, has increased threefold at least through one gesture. One hell of a test to put my first partner through, but with such promising results I pray he’ll also be my last.

If anyone knows where I can get some nice decorative mugs/cups, please let me know! There's only so long I can keep using that alarm clock...

No requests please
sjam

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2008, 06:17:48 am »

Wow totally love it!! Can't wait for more!

'There's no difference between stupid and charming with you, is there?'

See my simmie guys and gals here!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2008, 09:36:44 am »

Thanks! Smiley That boy actually drove me nuts during my stay at my folks - I've got another... four, I think, chapters written! Progression's halted update-wise though, sadly - for one I'm waiting on a reply back from someone, for another I'm waiting on a request being done. Hopefully the first one won't be too long at least Wink

No requests please
mattitje

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2008, 12:23:26 pm »

Sadie U gotta be kidding me? xD Why does Andy appears in this story and why not Leo in Brotherley Love? xD or is theres a little suprize waiting for us Cheesy... But wath I don't get is that they know Andy and Chris of ur other story, But wath I don't get is that Mom (or jo) say (atleast if I readed it right) that males can't get pregnant... (well in your stories everything is possible xD. Thats wath I like the moust in your stories)

EDIT: srry I haven't read the full story before I posted xD, now I see only 'aliens' have the ability to make males pregnant. But isn't Leo related to Andy and Chris? So if I puzzeld right, Leo have a chance to have alien genetic to and the ability to become pregnant to? ( Ow my head xP )

Anyway Sadie again as always a wonderfull update ( Wink )
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 12:48:18 pm by mattitje » Logged

Nobody Likes me T_T
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2008, 01:28:56 pm »

:laughing: Okay, since you've read my adult story too, I'll see how well I can explain:

Evan is Leo's Dad. He met Andy and Chris while Leo and his siblings were about 7 (the kids running in from school during their talk at home) - note that Leo said he didn't know Andy that well. Leo is Andy's cousin through Evan and Joe being half-brothers; Joe (Andy's Dad) was the result of Evan's Dad getting abducted. Leo is 100% human, so no, he can't get preggers Wink (Damn, that gave me a headache just trying to explain! :lol:)

As for Andy showing up; Evan needed someone who'd be able to let himself into the house while the teens slept off their hangovers (telekinesis from vampires coming into play there). Vampires die in the sunlight but Andy doesn't, therefore he got volunteered Wink And yes, you will eventually see Leo in Brotherly Love, this part being the first of his appearances - I'm saying no more than that Wink

Ah, the joys of having more than one story concerning this hood - chances abound for crossovers Wink And yes, I do like to throw a fantastical spanner into the works of reality, opens up a wealth of story options :muahaha: Glad you're enjoying it anyway, even more so if that's the main reason you like them Cheesy

No requests please
skizicks
Resident Fat Girl

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2008, 06:11:52 pm »

My oh my...I knew you were workin on this when Gender Defeders was going on and I read the begining, but then I lost track of it. I just got caught up. Ohh my, my little Autumn is a fire starter. Great job now I need to go read the adult version lol......any plans on uploading Luca any time soon?

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and today; Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2008, 03:36:54 am »

If it's any consolation, she didn't mean it Wink Alcohol and teenagers never mixes well (try convincing the teens over here though -_-) Glad you're enjoying it anyway Smiley

You want Luca? Just cause you like him, or you want to set them up? Cheesy I may be able to arrange something Smiley

No requests please
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2008, 05:58:11 am »

Wow, this story certainly was very different and good to read. I came across this from another thread and couldn't stop once I started reading when I became very curious upon seeing "Gender Benders" in the link.

I do look forward to the next update (or rather next chapter) for this! Keep up the great work. Cute kids you got in the pictures.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2008, 09:18:33 am »

Gender Benders? :oogle: I think you misread somewhere.. :lol: Glad you're enjoying the story though, always good to see new readers Cheesy

No requests please
skizicks
Resident Fat Girl

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2008, 12:27:45 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1091877
If it's any consolation, she didn't mean it Wink Alcohol and teenagers never mixes well (try convincing the teens over here though -_-) Glad you're enjoying it anyway Smiley

You want Luca? Just cause you like him, or you want to set them up? Cheesy I may be able to arrange something Smiley

I know Autumn didn't mean anything by it and your correct alcohol and teens don't mix.

Mmm I want Luca cause I like him and I would be interesting in seeing what goes on between the two. Cheesy

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and today; Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: