Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:41:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Gender Defenders: Behind The Scenes - Chapter Twelve: Change of Heart  (Read 28404 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2007, 10:19:17 am »

Preface

First it was a teen drama that flopped, then it was a thread to house what would have been contest entries had either of them made it. (Yes, I know one had another chance, but meh Tongue) This time it's a bit of a mixture - during my stint in Gender Defenders, this vivid imagination of mine woke up from its rest from Uni to bombard my mind once more with story ideas. I needed somewhere to put them, so here they are Smiley Title slide courtesy of last mini-task in fact, was so proud of it I decided to show it off Wink

A word about the format though: this is a little different to how I usually write. To save you from skipping to the contest to catch up, I'm mixing my entries into this story, although those of you also watching/participating will notice a few differences here and there, nothing major but there'll be times you'll think "That wasn't there before." Think of this as a director's cut Wink Anyway, back to the point, the contest is run like a reality show of sorts, and that's how I've written my entries. You'll have periods where it will seem like he's talking to the camera, and other parts that revert to normal dialogue, which are generally the parts the "viewer" doesn't see. I hope it isn't too confusing, but that's the best way I found to do this.

Before anyone complains about there not being enough background on the character, I left it out on purpose - round one's mini-task goes a little more in-depth so I handle it then Wink Enough of me babbling, I'll let you get on with it - enjoy! Smiley

Acknowledgements

Since there seems to be a little confusion over which sim belongs to who, I'm putting up this little list of credits to the sim-makers concerned:

Alec Banks and his Mum - adalita
Kiichi "Kii" Misho - brendabond
Zamir Nuñez - nextor_torres
Katsumi Takahashi - erica_jean
Autumn McPherson - skizicks
Ginny Harris - aprilcrow
Rowan Murphy - 3Alissa

Sims were downloaded from links in the contest chatter thread, apart from Alec's Mum, who I asked ever so nicely for in a PM :angel: All other sims are my own Smiley
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 06:58:00 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 10:29:49 am »

Chapter One - Preparation

Hi folks! Leo Sedoni at your service! I'm fourteen and live in a quiet suburb known as Alpinloch, tucked away somewhere in East Sussex, England. I'm one of triplets, living with my sister Joanne, brother Luca, Mum Emily and Dad Evan... and we're all about the same age. Yep, even the parents. Work that one out if you can... Well okay. Dad's fifteen and Mum's seventeen, but we all get to go to school together - St Grey's Private School, which some while ago offered night time hours. We could go during the day, but who else can say they get to go to school with their parents? Ashamed? Why should I be? They may be... different, but that's all the more reason to love 'em!

Mum and Dad want to get rich, I want to get famous. Luckily for me though, I got his musical talent. I also got his good looks! Should make the job a little easier, huh?

Rock on baby! No the others don't complain about the music, we all sing and dance to it – yes we're all fruitcakes, best way to be!

It's not just me into music - we're all just as bad as each other. I have to fight for a turn on the piano, and make the most of it when I get the chance to practise.

I'm too funny too, I'm always making my folks laugh. Too modest for my own good, I know… No that's not Mum, that's my sister.

I couldn’t get a picture of Mum I’m afraid, although you can see her back in the second to last shot – cameras and her don’t get on. Anyway, this isn’t about her… Sooo, not a bad application, huh? I’ve never entered anything like this before. You may well ask why I’d go for something like this, boys competing against girls when I live with two of each. You really wanna know? Fun! That and meeting new people; this town’s a little too close if you get me – everyone not only knows everyone else, most of them are related too! Our family’s huge – Dad’s surname is Turilli. Sound familiar? Yeah, thought so – he had his own story to tell at some point. He doesn’t like to admit it, but he’s just as musical as he is lyrical. They say talent’s hereditary too, luckily for us! Thanks to a good number of them being vampires, the Turillis have practically taken over the town, although the Staropolis are in fierce competition. Not as many vampires on their side, but with the two families mingling at certain points you have to be careful who you ask out these days. Mum and Dad brought our cousins home once, way back when my brother, sister and I were still at junior school. They’re both gay, as is one of my Uncles, one of my Aunts too I think he said. Still, as much as I could go on for ages about my family tree, this isn’t getting me packed…

The keyboard? Haha… I didn’t feel lucky enough to stay somewhere with a piano, so I wound up pestering my parents for one of my own. Not a full-blown piano obviously, but something more portable. Plays like a dream too. The bedroom isn’t me? No, it certainly isn’t! It’s been like that since I was little – Mum and Dad didn’t want to force their tastes on us, so they went for a neutral approach. Trouble is, when they realised we did like the same things, they only had enough to do up Jo’s room. Despite the size of our house they’re not rich – apparently even that wasn’t bought with their money, but was a gift from Dad’s folks. … I’m doing it again, I need to focus on getting this done… Let’s see; got my posters, got my clothes… where’d I put that list again? Here we are… yep, yep, yep… Great, let’s get out of here! Can’t wait to meet the others!

Here we are… hold on. Four? I thought there were five of us? Oh well, let’s see who we have here…

“Hi guys!” I greet cheerfully as I approach. Two of them at least seem to be just as chirpy, although the other seems a little quiet. Oh don’t you worry my friend, if I don’t see to that I’m sure these other guys will!
“Hi!” the Asian looking guy replies, “I’m Kiichi, but you can call me Kii.”
“Pleased to meet you!” I grin, stretching out my hand, “I’m Leo.”
He accepts with a smile, but soon frowns as he looks about himself before addressing me again.
“Leo?”
“Why, what’s up?”
“Well, that’s Zamir,” he introduces, indicating a Latino looking guy, “and that’s Alec,” he finishes, gesturing to the quiet one in the sweater.
I rub my chin thoughtfully. “I thought we were missing someone,” I remark, “Rick I think his name is.”
“Oh yeah,” Alec chips in, “Something came up, he had to drop.”
“Oh,” I nod in acknowledgement, before smiling as I note his accent. “You from Oz?”
“Is it that obvious?” he chuckles, “Yeah, I’m from Sydney.”
“Cool!” I smile, looking about me. Kii may look Asian, but his accent’s as American as you can get. Meanwhile there’s this Zamir, who seems as able to keep still as me. Meaning, he can’t.
“What’s up?” I ask him, “You’re jumpy as a flea on a hot brick.”
“What?” he checks in reply, and continues to speak with a thick Spanish accent, “Sorry, my English not so good.”
I think to myself for a minute. I remember Dad mentioning that Italian and Spanish are that similar, the two can understand each other. Now, Dad’s half Italian, and Mum can speak a multitude of languages, although so as not to confuse us she sticks to his Dad’s mother tongue. Worth a try if nothing else.
“S’cuse me a minute guys,” I say to the others, before addressing Zamir, repeating in Italian what I said to him earlier.
He bats his eyelids in surprise for a moment, before smiling in befuddlement.
“Oh,” he replies, “I need to do something, not this standing around.”
At this I laugh. “Damn, you’re as bad as me!” I tease, repeating in Italian after getting another puzzled look. “So, where’re you from?”
“Puerto Rico,” he replies. Before we have time to talk any more, one of the camera crew approach – is it that time already?
“So, been breaking the ice?” he asks.
“I hope so!” I grin in reply. The man holds a note, which he passes to me.
“First task,” he says, “Don’t worry, it’s not ‘til tomorrow. Plenty of time to get your clues sorted out.”
“Clues?” I check, before reading the note.

Hi guys, and welcome to Gender Defenders! For your first task, you have a scavenger hunt at a house not far from here. You’ll be taken there in the morning, but in the meantime you’ll need some riddles! Find someone to write them out and hide them – you’ll find the map to the house and a sealed envelope in your home for the next four weeks. They’re for whoever’s writing the riddles, but no cheating! You’ll have one of the cameramen with you to make sure you don’t open it. Oh, and it’s five to a team – the girls have five, so it’s only fair that you do too. Good luck!

“Oh for sure!” Zamir exclaims, “We have only four!”
I’m already getting some ideas though. A smile slowly spreads across my face as I become grateful for being able to keep my mobile, at least for now.

No requests please
Niirachi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 12:16:18 pm »

Looks good so far. Cheesy Your Sims are so shiny; I can't stop staring.

Whisper to me your lies as you kiss me goodnight.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 01:10:07 pm »

Now this is encouraging! Thanks! Cheesy I must point out though, the other three sims that Leo meets aren't mine - for round 1 we had to download each other's sims, and we just keep using them throughout the contest. Kii's creator is brendabond, Zamir belongs to nextor_torres (sp?), and Alec is adalita's Smiley As for them being shiny, that's a combination of good skins and application of certain Photoshop techniques to give a more ambient feel Wink Glad you like it anyway!

No requests please
Niirachi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 03:27:27 pm »

Yeah. Cheesy My friend told me that some Sims creators used Photoshop to enhance the Sims, etc, but despite having Photoshop myself, I can never figure out how to do that so I'm in awe. XD

You downloaded other people's Sims? You mean it's a competition? o.o

Can't wait for the next installment though. ^___^ Refreshing to read something that doesn't spawn from tragedy.

babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 06:43:31 am »

Hehe, I'm pinching cheeks again! He's adorable.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 12:11:16 pm »

@Niirachi: Yep, it's a competition - check the first post for details Wink And thanks - it's refreshing to not write such heavy stuff Wink

@babyblue: Are you following me? Wink Thanks - in-game too! I've been pretty lucky with the genes mixing in my game Cheesy

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 02:11:26 pm »

Following? I don't know what you're talking about:lol: I cruise the stories forum to see what everyone's doing. I was actually trying to click on something else, then I saw Leo, and I was like awwww! Yes, it took me that long to realize I was in the wrong thread. I did, eventually, get un-lost, though! In the meantime, this was an interesting read:rofl:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 02:15:52 pm »

:laugh: Well, I'm glad you got distracted enough to enjoy my story anyway Wink Brenda's Kii is adorable too, you'll see more of them all later Cheesy

No requests please
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 05:43:59 pm »

I do suppose there's more cheek pinching to be done, then!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 06:15:47 pm »

Chapter Two – Hunt the Thimble

“You want me to what?”
“Pleeease!” I continue, my hands clasped together with a sparkle in my eye, “You said yourself you love to write, this’ll be a challenge!”
“Well, at least you’re polite in your demanding these days,” comes the teasing reply as he ruffles my hair, “How long do we have? The rest of the day?”
“Yeah,” I tell him, before throwing my arms around him in a big hug. “Thanks!”
“You’re welcome,” he chuckles, before breaking away. “Go on, don’t you have someone else to pester?”
“Sure do!” I grin, bounding happily out of the darkest room in the house. Where’d I put that brother of mine again?

“How’d it go?” Kii asks on my return.
I stay quiet, but wear a smug grin as I give him the thumbs up.
“Oh really?”
“Yep!” I reply happily, “Riddles, replacement, everything! Now all that needs doing is to settle in!”
“So, who’s this replacement?” Alec asks. I swear he doesn’t trust my judgement or something.
“My brother Luca,” I smile in reply, “He’s a nice guy, you’ll like him I’m sure. Pretty reserved though, but at home he’s as loopy as the rest of us!”
“Uh-huh…”
“Am I scaring you already?” I tease.
He smiles awkwardly, shaking his head as he moves upstairs, to play on his guitar he says, but I think he’s a little unnerved. Bless him. There’s a sociable guy in there somewhere, I’m officially making it my mission to coax him out. In fact he reminds me of Luca… maybe that’s why I’m so determined to do it.

Speak of the devil! By the time we all get to the house he’s already there, waiting outside.

“Thanks for stepping in,” I tell him after we greet.
“You kidding?” he laughs, “Wasn’t gonna turn this down! Haven’t done one of these since junior school!”
“Yeah, I did figure it was a silly question,” I chuckle, before introducing him to the others. Before we step inside though, something occurs to me as I turn to address them.
“Erm, just remembered,” I tell them, “I’d better warn you guys, our Dad wrote the clues and we’re all fruitcakes in our family, so…”
“Just be grateful it wasn’t Mum you asked,” Luca mentions.
“Good point,” I agree as he turns to the others.
“Dad’s actually the most sensible of us, believe it or not,” he tells them.
“Quite the writer too, that’s why I asked him,” I add, before looking about myself, “Okay, where’s he put the first…?”
“Maybe inside?” Kii suggests, and we all head indoors. We look around for at least half a minute, before I feel a tap on my shoulder.
“Wouldn’t be this would it?” Luca checks, gesturing to a noticeboard in the hallway.
“Right in front of our noses?” I reply as we all follow, “Very likely.”

Yell or shout or cry or cheer
While sat snug upon your rear
Enjoy with friends or alone
In the comfort of your home

“Huh… okay,” I muse aloud.
“Well, it’s indoors, that’s for sure.”
“I don’t get it,” Zamir complains. I repeat the riddle in Italian, but all he does is shrug. “I still don’t get it,” he complains.
Oh, haaang on a minute!
“Hey guys!” I call as I race off, “This way!”

“Beauty!”
“Genius!” Alec grins.
“I know,” I reply playfully, tossing my hair. I notice Luca rolling his eyes somewhere behind me, and decide to polish my nails on my shirt just to wind him up.
“Just find the next clue!” he chides, tapping my rear with his foot.
“Si Signore!” I salute, before rummaging in the cabinet.
“Not on the screen …?!” Kii checks.
“That’d be too obvious,”  Luca tells him.
Aha! Gotcha! Right, let’s see…

Keep belongings safe and sound
No trace of dust to be found
Yet unwelcome friends may roam
Keep at bay with balls of foam

“What?” Zamir quizzes. Once again, the Italian version doesn’t help. Maybe this just isn’t his thing.
“He did warn you,” Luca supplies.
“Yes Dad, very poetic,” I muse, “Unwelcome friends?”
“Balls of foam?” Alec echoes.
We ponder the puzzle for a good few minutes, looking about ourselves. Then Luca gets hit by a brainwave – must’ve hurt!
“Oh, wait…” he begins, before he tears up the stairs. Shrugging I follow suit, and hear the thundering behind me of the others’ feet as they try to catch up.

“Balls of foam – mothballs!” he grins.
“Unwelcome friends being the moths…” I add.
“I’ll have to meet this father of yours some time…!” Kii says.
I cross my arms uncomfortably as I look at Luca, but he’s already half submerged in the wardrobe.
“Okay Dad, where’ve you hidden the next one?” he remarks as he rummages inside. Zamir opens the other door and joins in the search, tossing clothes everywhere as he does so.
“Here we go!” comes the triumphant cry from my brother as he surfaces, “With a complementary mothball, no less!”

Play word games upon my door
Look within to use the store
Trust me with your fresher food
My cool breath will keep them good

“Ha!” Zamir scoffs, “Word games! Look who’s talking…!”
I merely grin as I flutter my eyebrows, while Luca speaks.
“Oh, he’s very good at that! He’ll make a good writer, that’s for…” He stops as Alec suddenly takes off, and we exchange puzzled looks. “Where’s he going?”
“This way!!”

“That was too easy,” the Australian proclaims smugly, “Food? Cool breath?”
“You’re slipping Dad!” Luca says, tutting playfully as Alec forages around in the fridge. I decide to leave him to it – he’s the one with the woolly. Even so, he shivers as he eventually closes the door.
“Damn, it’s cold in there!” he complains, producing the note.
“That’s a good sign it’s working!” I supply with a cheeky grin. Luca nudges me as Kii takes the note from him. “Hey, don’t start on me!” I tease, prodding him in the ribs. As anticipated, Luca shrieks and grabs at my hands. I in turn wave them about, making occasional jabs at his ribs which, this time, he manages to dodge.
“You wanna take this outside?!” he challenges.
“Come on guys!” a laughing Kii prompts us, and we oblige as he reads out the next clue.

I will keep you fed and well
Hear for the sound of the bell
Open, close, don’t leave alone
In mere minutes it is done

Luca and I exchange looks, before the pair of us burst out laughing.
“Definitely slipping!” I chuckle, “Deary me!”

“Don’t speak too soon!” Kii tells me,” “I’ll bet he’s saved the best for last…” So saying, he begins to rummage. “He’s even made it hard to find the clue!”
“Doesn’t surprise me,” I snigger, before frowning a little. “You alright in there?”
“Got it!” a little voice eventually announces from within the small appliance.

Rest your weary legs or head
When there is no time for bed,
But beware the humble seat
For your small change it will eat

Luca and I exchange expressions of puzzlement as I rub my chin thoughtfully.
“I spoke too soon didn’t I.”
“So did I dear bro, so did I.”
Kii props himself up on the counter as we all look to each other, but it seems Dad’s well and truly got us on this one. Talk about saving the best for last.
“Well, it’s not a bed,” Luca ponders, “That’s mentioned in the clue.”
Alec’s fingertips feel the stubble around his face as he speaks.
“Okay, this is gonna take…”
“Hold on a sec!” I cry happily. Now it’s my turn to be hit by a brainwave, and my fast little legs carry me with speed back into the front room, before I stretch out on the last object.

“How many times have we lost coppers down the cushions?” I ask Luca, not expecting an answer.
“Ah,” he replies, “Well done you!” So saying he pats my head, just like you would a dog. To play up on that I start panting and making barking noises.
“What’re you like?!” Alec says, once he’s stopped laughing.
“Like… me!” I grin with a sparkle in my eye.
“Dad and Jo are the more serious ones, even though that’s not saying much,” Luca tells them, before thumbing in my direction, “He’s the nuttiest.”
“Oh, look who it is!” I announce as one of the staff emerges, complete with cameraman in tow. Question time now, eh? I’ll do my best…

Leo: Well, we all had a great time, be it bantering with each other, being on the receiving end of Dad’s practised pen, leaving our mark in the bedroom… Don’t blame me! I don’t care what the others say about teenager’s bedrooms and being messy… *tosses hair* Won’t catch Luca or me doing that, we were brought up proper *sniffs*
Luca: Oi! *slaps Leo’s arm* Don’t you know the Queen’s English? *playful grin* I don’t know…
Leo: Of course I know she’s English! Who doesn’t?! *both brothers laugh* What? Was it easy? Erm, sort of – camera editing does wonders, eh? *winks* No slackers if that’s what you meant, although they all want to meet our parents now! I don’t know whether that’s a good thing or not…!

“Why wouldn’t it?” Alec asks as we get back home.
“Erm,” I begin, shifting from foot to foot, “Well, this town’s very different…”
I look up as the staff member beckons us inside. It seems our questions aren’t over yet…

Hobbies? What, aside from the music? Oh, okay. Well, I like to go for a run in the park. No I don’t take my mp3 player; all you hear in the park is the birds singing, maybe the odd dog barking. The sheer quiet of the area, accompanying the rhythm of your feet pounding on the path, is very relaxing.

As much as I enjoy the sunshine, I look forward to the nights just as much. Most teens would love for their parents to be tucked away in bed all day, but it has its flip-side. I don’t know if I’d be so close to them if things had been different, but I don’t think about that. I just look forward to giving Dad another kicking at darts!

What? Yes, that’s my Dad. I did say they’re different, you thought it was something small didn’t you? After I said we’re all the same age too? Tsk tsk. Was that not a clue? I’ll give you another; check his teeth. Mum? Let’s see… Ah, here she is!

She’s several hundred years old, and she’s also the one who bit him. Long story, one I don’t even know the full version of, but I do know that much. Moving swiftly on… Two things that tick me off? Top of the list are bigots!

Not only what I read in the paper, but Dad often mentions the time he found his gay brother this close to death in an alley. Some a***holes thought they had the right to decide that gay people don’t have the right to live. I nearly lost a very nice Uncle ‘cause of them. Yeah, they tick me off big time for that alone.

Another? Whoever said all guys love football (soccer if you're American) needs to sit down with me some time, I’ll soon change their mind.

Why do I hate it so much? Let’s see, there’s their ridiculous wage, the hype, the violence, and what does it all come down to? Twenty-two men kicking an inflated piece of leather across a pitch. I can’t understand why people get so worked up about it – give us their wage for a week and we’ll never have to worry about money again!

Shut me up now before I get to anything else – oh yeah, I need to unpack. My room’s picked, but there’s only so long I can live out of boxes. Catch ya later!

No requests please
Niirachi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 06:43:23 am »

Ah. X3 This was so cute. Did you make the riddles yourself?

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 07:18:52 am »

Yep, that was part of the requirements for the round Smiley Next chapter is a little more heavy Wink

No requests please
adalita

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 03:32:32 pm »

Sweet you captured Alec very well!

3rd place in Siblings-Love Or Hate Contest with Alyssa and Aimee Sacchi!
1st place in A Family Christmas with The Pearcy Family
Adalita's SIMS Come and check out my sims and their houses!
Check out my work in Living Sims Magazine HERE
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 03:46:04 pm »

Oh good! Cheesy Thanks - I hope I keep that up as it progresses Smiley

No requests please
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: